BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

What have i missed? Where has he said he wants to leave?

That's what I thought. The last I read was this in the LT over a week ago.

Asked whether Hanley, who has two years left on his Rovers deal, has expressed a desire to talk to Newcastle, Coyle said: “It’s nothing to do with expressing a desire because when all is said and done Grant Hanley is a player who is under contract at Blackburn Rovers.

“I know the way the world works when agents get to work and such forth.

“But all I would say is Grant Hanley’s our captain and we don’t want to lose him.

Coyle has set his stall out but, of course, every player has his price. Let's see if the owners back him.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, you are mistaken. If the club/coyle had come and offered him a new deal with a payrise and a target of promotion with others coming in around him...building the team around him etc, captain....he'd have signed it, he likes it here. Problem is, they haven't and are courting bids from clubs like Norwich, Newcastle, etc....he'll be sold as a commodity and nothing else. Club's fault.

The club will hawk anyone around if they've got any value whatsoever - that's been proved time and time again during their 'stewardship'. Once Hanley, Marshall and Duffy leave I can't wait to see what they'll do then. Imagine their faces when Cheston tells them that no other bugger is worth anything.

• Backroom

The club will hawk anyone around if they've got any value whatsoever - that's been proved time and time again during their 'stewardship'. Once Hanley, Marshall and Duffy leave I can't wait to see what they'll do then. Imagine their faces when Cheston tells them that no other bugger is worth anything.

"What about Lowey? Gary said he was the lynchpin of the team."

"Yeah, about that..."

No just my opinion on how alls he writes is pro Venky stuff ... Met him ha he blocked me on Twitter when I asked a question .., another hack like Nixon

Well I suggest you start to speak Paul Wheelock and get to know 1st before slagging him off Abbey. I have met him a couple of times. really good polite guy

Isn't Wheelock part of the clubs advisors ?

No he isn't but lets just make stuff up again to suit to your opinion

I think accusing some of being on the Venky payroll is legally pretty dangerous ground Abbey and unfair to be honest.

exactly. People make judgements about people they have never met or even talk to.

It's a slow news day so lets have a go at Paul Wheelock. its must be his turn.

I think accusing some of being on the Venky payroll is legally pretty dangerous ground Abbey and unfair to be honest.

I'm not accusing anyone it's just my own thoughts ... Is thinking out loud illegal now ?

Chaddy stfu .. I've kept away from you for a while now and you said you was ignoring me . Shut up and stop stirring you maryter .

Is he your friend or just a "Twitter friend" ? You moan when people have a go at you yet you are ok giving it out .

You may blow smoke up Venky and journos ares but I don't .

Seeing as you want to have a pop at me the truce has ended .

Only in your world Jal, not in the real world.

How do you know this ?

Well I suggest you start to speak Paul Wheelock and get to know 1st before slagging him off Abbey. I have met him a couple of times. really good polite guy

No he isn't but lets just make stuff up again to suit to your opinion

exactly. People make judgements about people they have never met or even talk to.

It's a slow news day so lets have a go at Paul Wheelock. its must be his turn.

As expected Coyle's position on the Hanley subject is slowly starting to shift.

Last week, when the team were in Austria, Coyle came with an impressive interview saying that Newcastle were 'nowhere near' the valuation of Hanley and that he was determined not to sell him. He gave the impression that the only way on earth Hanley would be leaving was if a club came in with a mammoth offer, far above and beyond the £4.5 offered so far, and even then the club would be reluctant to do it.

A week later, in the run up to the Morecambe tournament, Coyle seems to have shifted his comments somewhat. By this stage he's referring to multiple clubs who have taken an interest, that if bids come in 'we'll take a look at them' and 'it will be up to the owners to decide if they're going to take them'. 'I'll just control what I can control and take it from there'.

Reading between those lines and Coyle's media savvy abilities I'd say that the bravado last week has been eroded. Presumably he now knows the score and knows that his views are irrelevant in the scheme of what is happening at this football club. Coyle knows he's on his way and is laying the groundwork now so that blame doesn't get aimed in his direction when the inevitable happens.

Coyle should name the other clubs taking an interest and call their bluff.

And he should stop insulting the paying supporters with the injury charade. Everyone knows Hanley isn't injured. Just stop with the performance.

Lambert apparently tried to open contract negotiations with both Duffy and Marshall last season as well as trying to sign up Graham, and Venkys/Pasha decided to cut off all communication with the manager as a result :blink:

Plenty of us called this months ago and its now a very real possibility that all 3 'assets' will leave before the start of the season and no matter how anyone spins that, it'll be an absolute disaster for the club and all the season ticket holders that have once again dug deep to then have this thrown at them.

I just hope this is Venkys end game, that would be the upside to selling anyone worth anything, but I'm not holding my breath.

"What about Lowey? Gary said he was the lynchpin of the team."

"Yeah, about that..."

I really think the obsession with Lowey was because he's home grown and they misguidedly thought he'd end up worth 5 mill after enough games going back to when the snake rushed him in.

Big profits on homegrown talents and that was part of the plan. Hope they've finally realised it ain't going to happen.

• Backroom

Lambert apparently tried to open contract negotiations with both Duffy and Marshall last season as well as trying to sign up Graham, and Venkys/Pasha decided to cut off all communication with the manager as a result :blink:

Plenty of us called this months ago and its now a very real possibility that all 3 'assets' will leave before the start of the season and no matter how anyone spins that, it'll be an absolute disaster for the club and all the season ticket holders that have once again dug deep to then have this thrown at them.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this was true. Between the above and asking for a proper transfer budget, Lambert was never going to get very far. The biggest mystery is why he was employed in the first place, when he clearly had ambitions far beyond anything Venky's envisioned.

Season ticket holders should know the score by now. It's been 6 years, and nothing's changed for the better.

• Backroom

I'm really not convinced that Marshall is as highly regarded by other teams as he is by us. I hadn't even realised he was playing on Saturday until I thought " who is that useless berk with the ridiculous headband" such was his impact.

It's no coincidence he and Hanley have started looking much better as the overall quality of the team has dipped. Marshall's a decent player but infuriatingly inconsistent.

The problem we have is not so much that these players are irreplaceable, but rather that we're relying 100% on luck and circumstance to replace them. We've gotten lucky on a few occasions in the past, particularly under GB, but recently we've mostly brought in duds and you can't help but think the end can't be far away now.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this was true. Between the above and asking for a proper transfer budget, Lambert was never going to get very far. The biggest mystery is why he was employed in the first place, when he clearly had ambitions far beyond anything Venky's envisioned.

Season ticket holders should know the score by now. It's been 6 years, and nothing's changed for the better.

Oh I don't know plenty on here are thinking it's all good now

• Backroom

If you thought Duffy was poor... wait until you see this guy. Hopefully this never gets past the rumour stage.

i honestly dont give a @#/? whether Hanley or any other stays or goes. This club has already been destroyed inside and out by Venkys and the people running it for them. So why moan about the inevitable happening, and seeing players leave. Its just another year and another year of stupidity and cluelesness by these idiots. We should just get on with it, play and whatever the results are, be happy and move on to the next game and season. Its now just a case of doing enough to survive

I'm really not convinced that Marshall is as highly regarded by other teams as he is by us. I hadn't even realised he was playing on Saturday until I thought " who is that useless berk with the ridiculous headband" such was his impact.

Sheffield Weds think very highly of him Lancaster, they've been after him for a while now and the lack of contract negotiations at our end could well see him move in that direction.

I have a friend that's an Ipswich fan. When we last played him he told me they call Tommy Smith -"Error from" - because they're so used to commentary saying Error From Smith.

Not if Hanley is sold.

we need a replacement in.

According to Nixon, Smith on the shortlist but not at top of the list of possible replacement for Hanley

Pity, we missed out on Mehdi Benatia. He went for only 2.5 mill to Juventus. ;)

Archived