BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

I can see Coyle bringing through 3 or 4 players this season.

I fully understand Budgets thanks

We have bought in 5 signings so far and looking for 4 more signings(3rd Keeper, Left Back and 2 strikers) and plus any replacements for any players leaving

the current squad is:-

GK's :- Steele, Raya

Defender's :- Lowe, Henley, Hanley, Duffy, Ward, Hendrie

Midfield's :- Marshall, Bennett, Feeney, Conway, Mahoney, Akpan, Evans, Byrne, Lenihan, O'Sullivan, Guthrie

Forwards :- Graham, Stokes

So that's is 21 first team players.

From the youth team then start to bring through Wharton(CB), Nyambe(RB), Hardcastle(CM)

That team looks bare even without the potencial removal of Hanley, Duffy and Marshall, if they all go we really are deep in it. I forgot about Guthrie.

Loan players can be recalled at any point and the Championship is no place for a team full of young players.

As said above we could be this years Bolton.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is, faux naïfs like blueboy & Jbizzle are well aware of the @#/? we're in. They just like arguing for the sake of it.

Well if thats the case that Blueboy,JBizzle and the like know ..why do you have to keep ramming it down theirs and every ones throats every three or four posts ?

Do you like to argue too ??

We have bought in 5 signings so far and looking for 4 more signings(3rd Keeper, Left Back and 2 strikers) and plus any replacements for any players leaving

Midfield's :- Marshall, Bennett, Feeney, Conway, Mahoney, Akpan, Evans, Byrne, Lenihan, O'Sullivan, Guthrie

From the youth team then start to bring through Wharton(CB), Nyambe(RB), Hardcastle(CM)

Of that list: Raya, Henley, Hendrie, Mahoney, Byrne, O'Sullivan and Stokes are unproven at this level.

Akpan and Guthrie are pants.

Lowe and Feeney are decent squad players at best.

So that leaves Steele, Hanley, Duffy, Ward, Evans, Marshall. Bennett, Lenihan, Evans and Graham who are (arguably) good Champ players. Steele hasn't been great, Evans hasn't truly shown up in blue and white yet, we might well be losing one/all of Hanley, Duffy and Marshall... and most of the rest are pretty hit and miss.

I'd say our squad is way too thin, and could get worse if we see departures. It's all well and good bringing in loans and freebies but it's no use unless they improve the team.

Good post re the numbers...but it does show just how light we are on numbers of established players. The replacements of Hanley and likely Duffy and any further purchases are very important imo.

That team looks bare even without the potencial removal of Hanley, Duffy and Marshall, if they all go we really are deep in it. I forgot about Guthrie.

Loan players can be recalled at any point and the Championship is no place for a team full of young players.

As said above we could be this years Bolton.

Loan players can only be recalled if there is a recalled clause in the contract.

Of that list: Raya, Henley, Hendrie, Mahoney, Byrne, O'Sullivan and Stokes are unproven at this level.

How are they suppose to get proven unless they are given a chance to do so?

Yes it can go either way of course but give them a chance

• Backroom

Looks like Watt is in talks with Hearts over a season long loan

Should be all over that one but doesn't seem an option to us

And of that 21 a third are already being propped up by players from the youth team. With only Hanley and Lenihan showing any ability.

Wolves are being taken over and are about they get a lad who went to Monaco for 12 million last year straight away.

Our aim is survival, that's it.

Good about budgets, so you realise none of the Rhodes money was spent last year finally.

And of that 21 a third are already being propped up by players from the youth team. With only Hanley and Lenihan showing any ability.

Wolves are being taken over and are about they get a lad who went to Monaco for 12 million last year straight away.

Our aim is survival, that's it.

Good about budgets, so you realise none of the Rhodes money was spent last year finally.

We are geared up for survival. Without a doubt. Coyle will be aiming for a top half finish at best. That's us

We are geared up for survival. Without a doubt. Coyle will be aiming for a top half finish at best. That's us

I would hazard a guess that potential managers keep telling the owners they can get us up with a few additions and that's how they get the job. And when they don't that's how they lose it.

That squad written down on paper sends a shiver down the spine. And I appreciate that you are a glass half full guy but I like to judge people off what they have done in the past, so if we sell we will end up weaker. And that could spell trouble.

Through sheer dumb luck they have to get something right eventually I suppose. That's my only hope.

I would hazard a guess that potential managers keep telling the owners they can get us up with a few additions and that's how they get the job. And when they don't that's how they lose it.

That squad written down on paper sends a shiver down the spine. And I appreciate that you are a glass half full guy but I like to judge people off what they have done in the past, so if we sell we will end up weaker. And that could spell trouble.

Through sheer dumb luck they have to get something right eventually I suppose. That's my only hope.

I think you've pointed out the owners biggest problem - who they get their information off!

Worse teams in harder leagues than this have performed though. Expectations being lower might give this lot a real reason to shine! No pressure on them.

Shopping in the bargain bucket really wouldn't bother me, if the rest of the club was set up properly and there was some sort of plan.

There are a number of clubs in this league that have little or no money and have to wheel and deal every summer. Ipswich, Birmingham, Cardiff, Brentford, Preston - they know where they're at financially, have similar gates to us, and make do with it. They have a proper structure in place - a stable boardroom with people who understand the club and what it needs, a corporate and commercial department hard at work trying to boost their income, sell whatever they can, engage their support base, grow as clubs without relying on massive hand outs from their owners.

The trouble is we've none of that. If they were just honest about the situation, admitted the money has run out, and put in place a board who could run the club on a strict budget then fine.

But there's no evidence of any sort of plan. Relying on selling whoever we can whenever we can, not reinvesting any of the proceeds, attempting to build a squad around short term loans and U21 players. Its a recipe for disaster, and at this juncture I'm struggling to identify 3 worse squads on paper.

Shopping in the bargain bucket really wouldn't bother me, if the rest of the club was set up properly and there was some sort of plan.

There are a number of clubs in this league that have little or no money and have to wheel and deal every summer. Ipswich, Birmingham, Cardiff, Brentford, Preston - they know where they're at financially, have similar gates to us, and make do with it. They have a proper structure in place - a stable boardroom with people who understand the club and what it needs, a corporate and commercial department hard at work trying to boost their income, sell whatever they can, engage their support base, grow as clubs without relying on massive hand outs from their owners.

The trouble is we've none of that. If they were just honest about the situation, admitted the money has run out, and put in place a board who could run the club on a strict budget then fine.

But there's no evidence of any sort of plan. Relying on selling whoever we can whenever we can, not reinvesting any of the proceeds, attempting to build a squad around short term loans and U21 players. Its a recipe for disaster, and at this juncture I'm struggling to identify 3 worse squads on paper.

Totally missing the point.

Coyle won promotion 8 seasons ago and he has signed Danny Graham.

Stop being so negative. :rolleyes:

We must be the only club in the league whose transfer team are busy finding new teams for our players rather new players for our team!

Exactly, stability was reached under GB and the gang and it was all ready to build on. We couldn't stop Rudy leaving but some of the others like Cairney there was no need.

Selling to exit FFP we were told but they'd no intention of letting him nor his replacement invest in the team. They might have took a gamble with Lambert and his loans or it could have been more window dressing whilst getting Rhodes out the door but basically all they've done since exiting embargo is waste more money keep swapping managers and coaches.

They didn't even throw new contracts in front of those they should have once they'd got a few quid in and were able to have some movement on wages. The only one who flies in the face of FFP seems to be Grahams wages on a perm but plenty room has been freed up for them if it stays the same.

Id have Baptiste back if hes available, did ok for us first time around.

Me too, more so uf he is allowed to play centre back. If we flig Hanley and replace with Baptiste I'd be ok with that.

I just wish Newcastle and Celtic would pull their finger out so we can move on without Hanley and Duffy.

It is uncertainty that creates the most anxiety in humans - we are much better at dealing with reality and prevailing circumstances, rather than worrying about what might or might not be.

So, if you're going, Hanley and Duffy (and Marshall & Evans for that matter) just do us a favour and do one. Soon.

Swap the 8 for a 5 and you've got Lambert. You and many others raved over him. Funny old game.

Most of them were obliged to......they were the 'Bowyer Out' clique who used 'stability' as a sarcastic putdown...... you tend to reap what you sow.

• Moderation Lead

I just wish Newcastle and Celtic would pull their finger out so we can move on without Hanley and Duffy.

It is uncertainty that creates the most anxiety in humans - we are much better at dealing with reality and prevailing circumstances, rather than worrying about what might or might not be.

So, if you're going, Hanley and Duffy (and Marshall & Evans for that matter) just do us a favour and do one. Soon.

I've already accepted that we'll see them on the last day of the transfer window and not replace them with anyone good.

Swap the 8 for a 5 and you've got Lambert. You and many others raved over him. Funny old game.

Indeed it is. Lambert also had 2 total promotions and no relegations, whereas Coyle is 1 and 1....

Good post re the numbers...but it does show just how light we are on numbers of established players. The replacements of Hanley and likely Duffy and any further purchases are very important imo.

For me, Lowe is a right back for me and not a centre midfield. also thought it was his best position for a couple of seasons tbh

Wolves takeover hasn't happening yet just like the Forest one hasn't be completed yet.

Wolves have huge problems with their squad and will need 6 or 7 signings bring in plus decide their manager/head coach situation

I have covered the Rhodes thing and I am getting bored of discussing it, He left and now will be 3rd or 4th choice there but good luck to him. lets move on

Coyle will be aiming for top half finish in my view.

Archived