BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you surprised ? Mendacity runs through the elite (and Coyle is one of the wealthy elite because of the wages he's been paid over his career) - and it goes all the way to the very top of poltiics. The referendum campaign was run on a pack of lies led by the present foreign secretary.

A good reporter would ask Coyle at his next press conference about Hanley's knee injury and question why the Blackburn publlc has been mislead (again). But it won't happen.

I'm not surprised but I just feel it's another sign of the club's disrespect for the intelligence of many fans. We are not dumb and it makes me angry that they think we are. It's no surprise either that the sale comes after the ST deadline for reserving your own seats and subsequent transfers of seats. It's again exactly what we all, those of us who aren't relentlessly positive about what's going on at Ewood, knew would happen. Drag in the suckers and those who almost have to attend for various family and emotional reasons and then, when you've got their cash, sell, sell, sell.

In my post I havent said it will be reinvested

I think the point is why should we care what 'we' get for anyone at this stage. Only advantage would be if they are collecting an 'amount' before calling it a day. Otherwise it makes zero difference, we might as well give them away.

Nixon now saying 'ask the owners' when asked why not £8m

A classic from him 'I was right but things changed'

I honestly don't know why people feed his gargantuan ego by asking/reading or however he communicates to his followers.

So much for Coyle's talk about £4.5 million being 'nowhere near' the valuation for Hanley and then the club accepts £5.5 million a week later.

Coyle's just another passenger in this charade. Desperate for a chance in the Championship but ultimately powerless as the money men do their thing behind the scenes. Its not selling Hanley that depresses me, its the fact that he wont be adequately replaced, it will be a patchwork job of loans and Under 21s.

Duffy and Marshall next, mark my words.

So much for Coyle's talk about £4.5 million being 'nowhere near' the valuation for Hanley and then the club accepts £5.5 million a week later.

Coyle's just another passenger in this charade. Desperate for a chance in the Championship but ultimately powerless as the money men do their thing behind the scenes. Its not selling Hanley that depresses me, its the fact that he wont be adequately replaced, it will be a patchwork job of loans and Under 21s.

Duffy and Marshall next, mark my words.

I completely agree about Duffy and Marshall. Evans might well be another too. I think Hanley going will trigger unrest and to force a move all Duffy and Marshall need to do is not agree a new deal.

We could really be another Blackpool in the next couple of seasons.

If Hanley goes then I would expected Coyle to use some of this money to buy a replacement and maybe he will be allow to use some more cash to buy 1 or 2 players in.

So you've gone from this

In my post I havent said it will be reinvested

to this.

Nothing like covering all bases chaddy, are you Nixon in disguise??

I'm just waiting for Cheston to come out and explain this one. He's been keen to speak recently so lets see how keen he is to explain selling our captain to a rival for a meagre £5.5 million.

My guess is he'll start off by claiming that £5.5 million isn't the fee and that the club has actually got more so it was worth doing.

Then he'll attempt to shift the blame to Hanley by saying he was keen to go and the club is therefore powerless to resist.

Then he'll attempt to blame the fans because 'we're a small club' and 'have to cut our cloth' and 'FFP rules' etc. etc.

I bet he doesn't blame his bosses for flogging everything of value and not reinvesting anything into the club though.

So you've gone from this

to this.

He's saying he's hoping to spend 4m on some defender on his Twitter. But that's ok, he's got different thoughts from Twitter and BRFCS

I'm just waiting for Cheston to come out and explain this one. He's been keen to speak recently so lets see how keen he is to explain selling our captain to a rival for a meagre £5.5 million.

My guess is he'll start off by claiming that £5.5 million isn't the fee and that the club has actually got more so it was worth doing.

Then he'll attempt to shift the blame to Hanley by saying he was keen to go and the club is therefore powerless to resist.

Then he'll attempt to blame the fans because 'we're a small club' and 'have to cut our cloth' and 'FFP rules' etc. etc.

I bet he doesn't blame his bosses for flogging everything of value and not reinvesting anything into the club though.

Don't give him his lines!

Also it is our fault for not renewing.

So you've gone from this

to this.

:rock:

He's saying he's hoping to spend 4m on some defender on his Twitter. But that's ok, he's got different thoughts from Twitter and BRFCS

:rock:

Can we stop having a Player of the Season awards please?

We just seem to sell whoever gets it every year..

Very sad to see Grant go.. he's had his faults in the past but he was another one who rose through the ranks.

Archived