BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Yep, didn't want to be here in the 1st place, allegedly turned the job down twice before accepting, insisted on an escape clause, moaned and whined about everything and everyone from the moment he got to the club thereby ensuring the more gullible fans thought he was 'giving it to the Venky's'. He then allegedly asked for £20m in transfer funds for this summer knowing full well he wouldn't get it and then activated his escape clause when he was told 'no can do'. He then denied he'd discussed transfer funds when questioned on the reasons for his leaving. He then praised the Venky's :lol:

Lambo is well worth boycotting over :wacko:

Like I said, when they're with us they're 'crap' 'useless', 'a liability'....as soon as they leave or are set to leave they were the best thing since sliced bread!! Haha

Still waiting for the 180 degree u turn when Duffy goes to Celtic!! 'Always liked him' 'brilliant player'

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The noises seem to suggest Hanley is on the verge of leaving. Good move for him. Can't blame any player for wanting to move on from Rovers.

If the money was to be reinvested then it would have been a shrewd deal from us. We know it won't, apart from a tiny amount, so it's another day of weakening our squad.

I think we'll have enough to avoid relegation next season but we're heading for lge 1 at some point in the near future.

Duffy and Marshall will follow Hanley out of the door before the end of the window.

• Moderation Lead

Like I said, when they're with us they're 'crap' 'useless', 'a liability'....as soon as they leave or are set to leave they were the best thing since sliced bread!! Haha

Still waiting for the 180 degree u turn when Duffy goes to Celtic!! 'Always liked him' 'brilliant player'

Yep, didn't want to be here in the 1st place, allegedly turned the job down twice before accepting, insisted on an escape clause, moaned and whined about everything and everyone from the moment he got to the club thereby ensuring the more gullible fans thought he was 'giving it to the Venky's'. He then allegedly asked for £20m in transfer funds for this summer knowing full well he wouldn't get it and then activated his escape clause when he was told 'no can do'. He then denied he'd discussed transfer funds when questioned on the reasons for his leaving. He then praised the Venky's :lol:

I'm confident that Lambert's league finish with us will be higher than the position Coyle leaves us in this season. What is it with the BRFCC obsession with being proven right? Truly bizarre. Our squad is absolutely shoite and needed money for an overhaul. Coyle is only here because he's desperate for a job and he lives locally. IMO he's a busted flush and a desperado who I believe will fail miserably this season. I really hope he doesn't, but his performances with Bolton, Wigan and then Houston fill me with dread.

Duffy will definitely be better than his replacement. Has operation downgrade been forgotten? I suppose 'they've never been shy with the cash' or whatever it was that you said about Venky's and their money? Or was that completely wrong? I only ask, as our squad is paper thin and it looks as though it's being topped up by academy products that may or most likely may not be ready (according to regular observers of the youth team on here).

The noises seem to suggest Hanley is on the verge of leaving. Good move for him. Can't blame any player for wanting to move on from Rovers.

If the money was to be reinvested then it would have been a shrewd deal from us. We know it won't, apart from a tiny amount, so it's another day of weakening our squad.

I think we'll have enough to avoid relegation next season but we're heading for lge 1 at some point in the near future.

Duffy and Marshall will follow Hanley out of the door before the end of the window.

Losing your best players has never been a shrewd deal. IMO, Hanley is the most influential player in our team. Without him were as soft as (whatever).

We sold Tom Cairney and didn't reinvest or strengthen.

We sold Rudy Gestede and didn't reinvest or strengthen.

We sold Jordan Rhodes and didn't reinvest or strengthen.

Why does anybody think for one minute that selling Hanley will see reinvestment or strengthening?

It staggers me after what we've witnessed in the last 12 months that anyone would think selling our player of the year and captain would be in any shape or form beneficial for Blackburn Rovers.

As for what Hanley wants and what's good for his career - I'm not interested. My concern is what's best for BRFC, not what's best for Hanley. He's not going to the Premier League and he's going to be lining up at Burton and Rotherham this season just like we are, so preventing him leaving would not be depriving him of a career progression.

But then again I'm forgetting that we're actively trying to sell him to raise money, so this lot probably see it as a good deal all round. I don't believe Coyle's talk about not wanting to sell him - I think the club are pinning their hopes on selling him and will only let Coyle add to his squad once he's been sold. I'm also insulted by Coyle's continued attempts to deceive the fans by saying Hanley has a knee injury. Newcastle wouldn't be signing him if he wasn't fit.

Lose Hanley, Marshall and Duffy and we've got the weakest squad in the league in my opinion.

Didn't Mani say that Bowyer and his staff would have loved the budget that Lambert had been promised? That indicates to me that the idiots reneged on their promises which is why he activated the clause. And with their history of telling lies who can blame him. How do you know Coyle doesn't have one of these clauses. Everything Lambert said about the club and mentality within it was true.

The managers job has become a poisoned chalice and for a lot of fans Lambert offered us some hope. Now there is Coyle with his happy to be here rhetoric and willingness to work under the massive constraints imposed. But what is he actually managing in terms of expectation when the vast majorities is so low. The truest interview Lambert gave was the one about accepting medoicrity. Success to the most optimistic fans would be mid table.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3326200/Paul-Lambert-vows-whip-Blackburn-shape-getting-bike-summer.html

I'm confident that Lambert's league finish with us will be higher than the position Coyle leaves us in this season. What is it with the BRFCC obsession with being proven right? Truly bizarre. Our squad is absolutely shoite and needed money for an overhaul. Coyle is only here because he's desperate for a job and he lives locally. IMO he's a busted flush and a desperado who I believe will fail miserably this season. I really hope he doesn't, but his performances with Bolton, Wigan and then Houston fill me with dread.

Duffy will definitely be better than his replacement. Has operation downgrade been forgotten? I suppose 'they've never been shy with the cash' or whatever it was that you said about Venky's and their money? Or was that completely wrong? I only ask, as our squad is paper thin and it looks as though it's being topped up by academy products that may or most likely may not be ready (according to regular observers of the youth team on here).

Ok mate. Remind me when was the last time you pumped millions of pounds into Blackburn Rovers?

Set aside your emotions and think what it takes to run up a debt of £120m in 5 seasons, bearing in mind the millions that have come in. There has been a mahoooooooooosive overspend. This overspend is because Venkys signed money off indiscriminately for around 3 and half years regardless of budgets...

Ask Glen Mullan about Rhodes. Kean had spent his budget on Murphy, Etuhu etc that summer and didn't even want Rhodes (wanted Simon Cox). So they spent £7m on a player the manager hadn't ask for...FFP finally put a stop to it.

• Moderation Lead

Ok mate. Remind me when was the last time you pumped millions of pounds into Blackburn Rovers?

Set aside your emotions and think what it takes to run up a debt of £120m in 5 seasons, bearing in mind the millions that have come in. There has been a mahoooooooooosive overspend. This overspend is because Venkys signed money off indiscriminately for around 3 and half years regardless of budgets...

Ask Glen Mullan about Rhodes. Kean had spent his budget on Murphy, Etuhu etc that summer and didn't even want Rhodes (wanted Simon Cox). So they spent £7m on a player the manager hadn't ask for...FFP finally put a stop to it.

Unfortunately, I've only put thousands into the club over the years via match/season tickets and merchandise, but even if I had the requisite money, they wouldn't talk to me, they haven't talked to any interested parties thus far!

Venky's made this mess, so it's up to them to fix it, it's not acceptable for them to mug us fans off by continually selling anything of value and to deceive us in doing so. It's as simple as that.

If they'd not done anything, not fecked about in a business which they admitted they knew nothing about, we'd be sitting pretty in the PL with the biggest TV cash of all time keeping us nicely afloat. I have absolutely no sympathy for them and couldn't be angrier at them for their continuing errors which all the supporters are paying for with a continued downgrade of the playing staff. I find it utterly bizarre that anyone after all this time can make excuses or try to explain away their behaviour when it's been nothing but detrimental to the club and its supporters on the whole!

Yes Kean wanted Simon Cox. Cos Nixon and local media were reporting that we had agree a fee with WBA.

Wasn't it the time when we had a power struggle between Shebby and Kean/Agnew/Shaw?

Venkys have always listened to the wrong advice. They have spend money but not had the right personal in place at the club to spend it right and wisely. Just imagine if they had back Big Sam with this money or even bring in a proper manager after his sacking

Its amazing how anyone can put Lambert in the firing line.

He's just the most recent of a long line of people who wanted to make a go of it at this club but eventually found out that it is impossible to work for these people and that this club is a million miles away from what a club needs to be successful.

Williams, Finn, Allardyce, Hunt, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer, Myers, Lambert, now Cheston and Coyle - they've all found out the hard way what this club and these owners are all about.

Lambert put his neck on the line here. He took this job despite the events of the last 5 years suggesting he should steer well clear. He put pressure on himself from the off by setting the bar high - promotion being the only target - looking at the business some clubs have done in recent years such as Newcastle, Bournemouth, Middlesbrough, Leicester - I'd say the sum of £20 million to assemble an entire squad is a reasonable request - especially when the club has pocketed more than that in sales in the last 12 months.

Lambert and his team were a beacon of light. A chance at redemption for the owners, a chance at uniting the fanbase for the first time in years, a chance at really going for it and trying to get back to the top division.

Now we're back in Venky land and on a one way ticket to League One with a divided fanbase once again.

Lambert was so sick of it after 6 months here that he walked away from a lucrative contract to go and sit at home out of work. When was the last time a manager gave up a job to go and sit at home with no other job lined up? Extremely rare, which tells us how sick he was with Venkys.

I wasn't trying to be proved right, i was just responding to someone who was commenting on why the last manager left. Everytime Bowyer lost there were pages of 'i told you so'. It's an MB, that's what happens. I'm surprised you're surprised!

As for the rest, i don't think anybody is really happy with Coyle, in fact i'm amazed he got the job. I don't thnik it 's the intention of the owners to wind up the fans i just think they're clueless. They want promotion, that's why Bowyer was sacked. He lacked ambition apparently. Unfortunately they've now gone down the 'past successes' route and gone first for Lambert and then for Coyle. Whoever is advising them hasn't got a clue.

Lose Hanley, Marshall and Duffy and we've got the weakest squad in the league in my opinion.

Look at the starting line up at Rochdale - it won't be far off the team that starts against Norwich.

Yes Kean wanted Simon Cox. Cos Nixon and local media were reporting that we had agree a fee with WBA.

Wasn't it the time when we had a power struggle between Shebby and Kean/Agnew/Shaw?

Venkys have always listened to the wrong advice. They have spend money but not had the right personal in place at the club to spend it right and wisely. Just imagine if they had back Big Sam with this money or even bring in a proper manager after his sacking

But the did have the right personnel from day one but chose to get rid of them. I maintain that the biggest mistake they made was getting rid of Messrs Williams, Finn, Pincher and Goodman. Venkys and Venkys alone are wholly responsible for the mess that is Blackburn Rovers.

Lambert was so sick of it after 6 months here that he walked away from a lucrative contract to go and sit at home out of work. When was the last time a manager gave up a job to go and sit at home with no other job lined up? Extremely rare, which tells us how sick he was with Venkys.

On the other hand he didn't want another failure on his CV and got out with what's left of his already tattered reputation.

Depends which way you look at it and whether you liked him or not. I thought he was a charlatan to be honest - a bit like Coyle in that he's living off the success he had at one club.

5.5 million agreed.

Sh1t deal.

Source ?

It's not about Coyle, or Lambert, or Bowyer, or Appleton, or Berg, or Kean, or Allardyce or Rhodes, or Shebby, or Agnew, or Shaw, or Myers or Cheston, or any other Johnny come lately.

It is all about Venkys, Anuradha Desai, Balaji Rao and the other one, oh yes and possibly some dodgy agents too.

Until they are gone and away from The Rovers so we can begin again somewhere else, it will be Groundhog Day and repeated ad nauseam.

FREE VENKYS

VENKYS ARE INNOCENT

I genuinely don't know what to think now.

We are an utter shambles, selling our captain, replacing with freebie/youth player, promoting a player who shouldn't be in the starting 11 to captain, awful manager, useless owners, league 1 bound.

Absolutely fed up with this s**t

Archived