BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

if the money is directly reinvested back into new players it will be a worthwhile move selling GH.

Please tell me you are joking? Not a penny of this will be spent on new players.

Isnt going to happen.

I don't see it as a low. It doesn't mean I want us to go down, just that if we do, which I think is likely, then I will be well compensated for the trauma of watching it happen. My season ticket would in effect be paid for. I would happily rip up a £20 note right now if survival was guaranteed.

Spot on and I will rip up £50 with you and set fire to another £50

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the inevitable is happening, Hanley is off. We are another player sale closing to the cretins leaving, forget the team, it's heading to league one in a year, two or three anyway.

Never said this before but we have to sell Marshall and Duffy, we cannot afford to lose them on frees next year. No good to us at all.

Someone posted yesterday, that we are the only club that has a transfer policy, where we are looking for a club for our players, not players for our club. This statement just about sums it up. Someone also suggested yesterday that Venky's are looking for a buyer, but the price they are asking, is way OTT.

Gone are the days when BRFC had a chance, we have been raped and pillage by these people and we seem powerless as fans to do anything other than sit back and take it. The money raked in from sales since Venky's rolled up is staggering and they have the cheek to suggest that the club owe then £105 millions. Whatever way you look at it, the books have been well and truly cooked and we are on the verge of oblivion.

Who suggested yesterday that venkys are looking for a buyer? An itk?

So the inevitable is happening, Hanley is off. We are another player sale closing to the cretins leaving, forget the team, it's heading to league one in a year, two or three anyway.

Never said this before but we have to sell Marshall and Duffy, we cannot afford to lose them on frees next year. No good to us at all.

If they do sell them along with Evans and anyone else who's worth anything then sell the club for a sensible amount having recouped some money i'll take it right now. League 1 or not.

I also see that Holdsworth has bailed on Bolton already, probably another one used as a front to get hold of a club for someone else.

At no point did I say Lambert was good but looking at the way Coyle is having to work this summer, no manager with a good rep would have wanted in.

It's why Lambert left and why we ended up with Coyle. It makes a lot more sense now, particularly seeing Hanley go so easily. Lambert was looking after himself.

Coyle was probably the only manager around with nothing to lose and the geography made sense.

1arC: I said "if".

I very much doubt they will. It will go in Mr Bling's pocket.

I know you said if and I also know the post was made hoping the if was a will. Let me say, that am pretty certain that they word won't is the most telling one, as it won't be and I am certain of that.

I've often thought that if a Burnley fan was in charge of this club and tried bringing us down from within secretly he would not have made half the choices these scumbags have made as it would be deemed too obvious!!

On day one of Newcastle hunting Hanley I'd bet if we would have said £5.5m is the fee with add ons he would have been up there that afternoon to sign. We drag it out thus giving us 2+ weeks less of trying to ratch around the scrap heap for freebies and loans and giving us a even harder job of attempting to stay up. Bringing us down from within!!

Who suggested yesterday that venkys are looking for a buyer? An itk?

I can't remember who it was, but I am sure the poster or someone else will confirm this. It was definitely posted and seemed to be sincere.

If 60 million investment for 51% can't get a foot through the door then you can just imagine the asking price !

That looks more and more bizarre everyday. Let's hope they are selling up, as the poster above says I'd let them sell everyone if they buggered off. I'd also be first in the que to pick up a season ticket (like others I'd pay more).

If 60 million investment for 51% can't get a foot through the door then you can just imagine the asking price !

Or it says to me that they are desperately covering up something.

No assets to sell playing squad wise.

Fans detest the owners.

No fans willing to go to games.

Previous protests.

An initial 39 million profit made (paid 21 million for club & 19m debt acquired).

Yet they stick around.

Our only hope for the future are the academy players. They do well youth level but there aren't too many breaking regulary.

League One isn't really so far anymore. After Duffy and Marshall are sold the squad is so poor. If the youngsters are really promising they should break to the team this season.

Don't think it was the offer that was the problem, it was who was making the offer. They're not interested in selling to a local group.

My main worry is with their final act they could sell us to someone equally as bad. If they had a decent bone in their body they would give it back to someone who cared.

BRFC are now the friends of Agents and Prem Club Academies; send your raw talent here, we'll put them in the shop window, increase their value and you will be quids in. But don't worry about them getting dropped if results are bad, its not about winning or success at BRFC anymore because we have our own agenda and we certainly don't care what our supporters think.

Archived