BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speak to any (well, almost any) Ipswich fan and they'll be happy for us to take him off their hands. Think that says it all, doesn't it? With the system McCarthy plays, any player with limited ability can do the job. His teams are far greater than the sum of their parts. He's exactly the type of manager we've needed since we got into this division.

We had a manager just like that a few years back.......

Speak to any (well, almost any) Ipswich fan and they'll be happy for us to take him off their hands. Think that says it all, doesn't it? With the system McCarthy plays, any player with limited ability can do the job. His teams are far greater than the sum of their parts. He's exactly the type of manager we've needed since we got into this division.

Just seen your location... Suppose you have a better knowledge on his abilities than anyone on here.

Dont bother wasting your time with it. Leave it alone and keep yourself out of trouble DGS. Aint worth it really

I aint interested in his comments. Its the same stuff different day. Its boring now.

Now back to discuss what this thread is Really about transfers and potential signings.

Nixon has rubbish the Baldwin link btw.

I am very positive person to life. its not my fault if you aren't but don't start moaning about my positive attitude to life

What does your positive outlook on life have to do with you listing off players every five minutes and talking about signings that will never happen? Why does it matter whether I have a positive outlook on life or not?! None of your business and not relevant Chaddy. You can make an many lists and talk about who you'd sign as much as you want, doesn't make it any more pertinent to the present situation at Blackburn Rovers. As much as I'd love for the money to be reinvested, it ain't gonna happen.

Just seen the news that Michael Dawson will mis the first 3 months of the season .. Hull were credited with an interest in Hanley , what price they come in for Duffy now ??

It's a touch 'tedious', but i'd never call you that cos i'm not that rude. I wouldn't try to counter a point by telling you to 'give your head a wobble' (a horribly cringeworthy phrase) either.

Tom and K-Hod often beg me to come onboard to teach them the ways of 'zen master mod-ing'. I am a guru to those guys, they hold me in high esteem. I naturally decline.

RE: the head wobble thing. I know you're referring to the comment where I said "if you think Coyle is a better manager than Lambert". I stand by that though. Lambert has a better record than Coyle is certainly a more highly-regarded manager in the game. I like to think you don't truly believe Coyle is the better manager blueboy and you were being a touch mischievous.

For the record, I didn't call Chaddy tedious, I said his lists on players we should sign were. Maybe my negativity is tedious, but at least it's realistic! I don't mind Chaddy's positivity as such, it's just the talk of players we can use the Hanley money to sign, as if we can use the money to rebuild the squad, when it won't happen. In an ideal world we would reinvest the money and be stronger. We thought the same the summer before, and in January, it simply ain't gonna happen.

RE: the head wobble thing. I know you're referring to the comment where I said "if you think Coyle is a better manager than Lambert". I stand by that though. Lambert has a better record than Coyle is certainly a more highly-regarded manager in the game. I like to think you don't truly believe Coyle is the better manager blueboy and you were being a touch mischievous.

For the record, I didn't call Chaddy tedious, I said his lists on players we should sign were. Maybe my negativity is tedious, but at least it's realistic! I don't mind Chaddy's positivity as such, it's just the talk of players we can use the Hanley money to sign, as if we can use the money to rebuild the squad, when it won't happen. In an ideal world we would reinvest the money and be stronger. We thought the same the summer before, and in January, it simply ain't gonna happen.

We are here to discuss. If all we did was post the worst possible option (which the owners do seem to take more often than not) then every post on here would be: "Nothing", "We're going down", "Down and out", "Down since they came". Not that it's far off that already. Credit to where it's due at least Chaddy brings something to the table, the anti-Chaddy brigade quite often bring nothing but the same drivel day after day - often resulting in a witch hunt against him purely because they don't agree with him.

It's quite ironic though how a lot of topics that are aimed at the people that spend their time berating Chaddy on here (ie: the Blackpool protest topic, Boycott topic or even the protest ideas topic) are more than often ignored by them people. Instead they choose to spend their time telling Chaddy how unrealistic he is, "how DARE you have optimism Chaddy!!!", on a topic aimed at discussing what he is discussing: transfers.

I remember a while back Stuart made a topic about a possible letter to India or something. I got involved. I quickly realised that half the people on this board are so apathetic about Rovers now that they don't really care much for action but would rather talk on here and berate those that try to continue. It's weird. This is often justified with the "I'm boycotting because that's the only thing I have left", almost as if those that have boycotted have suddenly washed their hands with us and be damned anyone that hasn't. I'm sorry but that's how it is coming across from certain posters on this board.

Don't take that the wrong way by the way, it wasn't personal at you. Its just this whole Chaddy vs The Contingent on here is really starting to grind.

We are here to discuss. If all we did was post the worst possible option (which the owners do seem to take more often than not) then every post on here would be: "Nothing", "We're going down", "Down and out", "Down since they came". Not that it's far off that already. Credit to where it's due at least Chaddy brings something to the table, the anti-Chaddy brigade quite often bring nothing but the same drivel day after day - often resulting in a witch hunt against him purely because they don't agree with him.

It's quite ironic though how a lot of topics that are aimed at the people that spend their time berating Chaddy on here (ie: the Blackpool protest topic, Boycott topic or even the protest ideas topic) are more than often ignored by them people. Instead they choose to spend their time telling Chaddy how unrealistic he is, "how DARE you have optimism Chaddy!!!", on a topic aimed at discussing what he is discussing: transfers.

I remember a while back Stuart made a topic about a possible letter to India or something. I got involved. I quickly realised that half the people on this board are so apathetic about Rovers now that they don't really care much for action but would rather talk on here and berate those that try to continue. It's weird. This is often justified with the "I'm boycotting because that's the only thing I have left", almost as if those that have boycotted have suddenly washed their hands with us and be damned anyone that hasn't. I'm sorry but that's how it is coming across from certain posters on this board.

Don't take that the wrong way by the way, it wasn't personal at you. Its just this whole Chaddy vs The Contingent on here is really starting to grind.

No offence taken at all, unsall.

I think we are all just very wound up with what's going on at Rovers. I know I am. I really don't mind Chaddy's positivity and think he's as valuable a poster as anyone on this site, I just think when he makes comments that are unrealistic, people are going to call him out for it. I'm very unhappy Hanley will be leaving, more so because I know he won't be adequately replaced. There was a time when we could speculate on who would be brought in to replace outgoing players, but now the only people we can list off are those available for a free or listed for loan who are inevitably lesser quality. If people can find positives in what's going on at Rovers at the moment, then fair play to them, but talking as if the money might be reinvested is daft as it just ain't gonna happen.

There certainly is a level of apathy amongst the fanbase. I want to protest and get involved but there is a feeling that the majority of fans would not get on board. Makes it difficult to organise anything concrete when a lot of our fans are either content for Venky's to remain or have simply resigned themselves to Venky's staying on no matter what.

It's no wonder threads go off topic, tbf, when we don't have anything positive to talk about.

No offence taken at all, unsall.

I think we are all just very wound up with what's going on at Rovers. I know I am. I really don't mind Chaddy's positivity and think he's as valuable a poster as anyone on this site, I just think when he makes comments that are unrealistic, people are going to call him out for it. I'm very unhappy Hanley will be leaving, more so because I know he won't be adequately replaced. There was a time when we could speculate on who would be brought in to replace outgoing players, but now the only people we can list off are those available for a free or listed for loan who are inevitably lesser quality. If people can find positives in what's going on at Rovers at the moment, then fair play to them, but talking as if the money might be reinvested is daft as it just ain't gonna happen.

There certainly is a level of apathy amongst the fanbase. I want to protest and get involved but there is a feeling that the majority of fans would not get on board. Makes it difficult to organise anything concrete when a lot of our fans are either content for Venky's to remain or have simply resigned themselves to Venky's staying on no matter what.

It's no wonder threads go off topic, tbf, when we don't have anything positive to talk about.

The 2nd paragraph is certainly true. Divide and conquer and all that. It's a fractured fan base and I can't see it healing any time soon - even if they went tomorrow I could still imagine quarrels about who "stuck with them" and who "left the club to rot and came back in the good times". It's quite sad that we can't even unite as a fan base to protest these clowns - too many supporters' groups, too many different ideas. But the truth is that we aren't informed at all and an informed electorate is usually a compliant one. There is no direct target to aim our anger at and therefore it's dissipated. They've done well keeping away - the further they are from Ewood the stronger their grip, it seems.

We shouldn't let that divide us. We also shouldn't round on Chaddy for at least trying to see the shining light. In truth I don't think his guesstimations have been too unrealistic - he's going by what information the club is providing and the only journalist that seems to speculate on Rovers. Our rag is usually days behind, our board are exclusive and our owners are, well, you know.

With that said though and coming to a common ground - I do wish as much effort was made into trying to unite the two groups together that is made at rounding on those that don't boycott or slag the club on every post. I feel by constantly berating those that don't protest or don't boycott it is only driving the two sets of fans apart. Same can be said for those that do go berating those that don't. It's sickening to see what's happening to our club, even more sickening to see us fight each other rather than the enemy.

We can talk about certain things positively if we wanted to Mustard.

I can't help but get dragged into the sheer zero hope mentality either but since we are talking about losing a centre back, does anyone know anything about Scott Wharton? I've read some posts about our "poor yield" academy but pre-Portuguese invasion, we had two u21 cbs that have since sold for 25m+ and should've been more.

Is he another? Did GB and Kinder fix the academy? Probably too much to hope for a glimmer?

We can talk about certain things positively if we wanted to Mustard.

I can't help but get dragged into the sheer zero hope mentality either but since we are talking about losing a centre back, does anyone know anything about Scott Wharton? I've read some posts about our "poor yield" academy but pre-Portuguese invasion, we had two u21 cbs that have since sold for 25m+ and should've been more.

Is he another? Did GB and Kinder fix the academy? Probably too much to hope for a glimmer?

Indeed you are right. I think the infrastructure in place at Rovers has meant our academy has certainly been a glimmer of hope in these dark times. The worry is that we will see the damage from their reign in a few years time. I don't know what the younger age groups are like so could be a few years before we see the effects. Maybe Kinder nipped it in the bud and sorted it out behind the scenes but I imagine the majority of players coming through our u18s and u21s now were signed up before Venky's came along.

Archived