BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Wheelock is actually on Holiday. but yet again lets have another dig at him

Light hearted dig in context with the others. Just what is it with you and journos ? Why don't you just write to the club and ask if you can be the next Paul Agnew.

Owen Coyles son talking to Giles Barnes on Twitter - deadline day signing right there :P

Why would anyone follow Owen Coyles son on Twitter?

Jesus wept is that what we've become?

Its bad enough that his dad has been given the gig with his abysmal managerial record, but following his ******* son on twitter is pathetic.

• Backroom

Why would anyone follow Owen Coyles son on Twitter?

Jesus wept is that what we've become?

Its bad enough that his dad has been given the gig with his abysmal managerial record, but following his ******* son on twitter is pathetic.

I've been expecting you :P

Twitter is stupid - I follow many random people, a lot with tenuous links to the club

One things for sure, it has become very clear this summer why Paul Lambert left.

Agreed. Reading the comments after the LT article about Lowe taking over from Hanley, it's shockingly clear just how gullible people are.

I swear Venky's could demolish the ground and they would still see the positives.

He might be a tad chubby compared to Myles (the next Dennis Irwin was it?) but he cant be any worse....

Nah Bruno Riberio your thinking of there. "Or Dennis as the lads call" him. - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2023745/Steve-Kean-delighted-Bruno-Ribeiro.html

Smalling was Myles Anderson "late bloomer" - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/mar/23/myles-anderson-blackburn-rovers

I've been expecting you :P

Twitter is stupid - I follow many random people, a lot with tenuous links to the club

Nothing personal Tom, but following his son :blink: everything's wrong with that.

Makes me sick, it really does.

Nah Bruno Riberio your thinking of there. "Or Dennis as the lads call" him. - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2023745/Steve-Kean-delighted-Bruno-Ribeiro.html

Smalling was Myles Anderson "late bloomer" - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/mar/23/myles-anderson-blackburn-rovers

Ahh yeah of course.. the joys of clarifying just how bad the Kean/venkys/Anderson era was...... and just how bad a situation the follow up has become.

Well, Bowyer's target was apparently playoffs at the very least and he failed both times (second season by some distance), so that's fairly black and white is it not?

No, unrealistic targets set by people who don't understand football aka our beloved owners.

Well he hasn't been exactly snapped up gas he. And whatever Coyle is doing he is signing players. Something Lambert couldn't do.

Lambert made it clear prior to the January window that the real transfer action would be in the Summer. He did bring in Graham on loan to name but one and that is why Graham is back (plus the fact Graham is enjoying it and likes being apprecitated by the fans).

Lambert moved on after being lied to by the owners via their toadys at Ewood. He obviosly half or more expected it - hence the walk clause.

Coyle still needs more capable players to join him at Ewood - the squad is already thin before losing any of our 'main' players I wish him well..

Well, Bowyer's target was apparently playoffs at the very least and he failed both times (second season by some distance), so that's fairly black and white is it not?

Groundhog Gary gave it a right good go! :lol:

• Backroom

No, unrealistic targets set by people who don't understand football aka our beloved owners.

We finished 8th (2 points off 6th) and 9th, the second season with a 40+ goal strikeforce, so I don't think the target was unrealistic at all. Bowyer would have made a decent scout, but as manager the money spent on decent players ended up wasted as he couldn't get them to produce consistently. He wouldn't even play the likes of Josh King or Mo Barrow, as he seemed to have something against fast football (I'll concede King was injured a fair amount of the time he was here, but still).

Well he hasn't been exactly snapped up gas he. And whatever Coyle is doing he is signing players. Something Lambert couldn't do.

Eh? Didn't we sign Graham, Bennett, Ward, Watt, Gomez, Grimes and Henry? Some on loan, but then it's the same with Coyle. I don't understand this comment at all.

Signing players is not automatically positive criteria, anyway. Kean signed a lot of no hopers too and how did that turn out?

The only player that Coyle has signed with any pedigree is Graham. Unless you missed his interview he signed permanently because of the way the way the fans were with him. It was Lambert who gave him the platform and had he not it's doubtful whether he would have come.

One things for sure, it has become very clear this summer why Paul Lambert left.

Yep, didn't want to be here in the 1st place, allegedly turned the job down twice before accepting, insisted on an escape clause, moaned and whined about everything and everyone from the moment he got to the club thereby ensuring the more gullible fans thought he was 'giving it to the Venky's'. He then allegedly asked for £20m in transfer funds for this summer knowing full well he wouldn't get it and then activated his escape clause when he was told 'no can do'. He then denied he'd discussed transfer funds when questioned on the reasons for his leaving. He then praised the Venky's :lol:

Lambo is well worth boycotting over :wacko:

Archived