BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Someone posted yesterday, that we are the only club that has a transfer policy, where we are looking for a club for our players, not players for our club. This statement just about sums it up. Someone also suggested yesterday that Venky's are looking for a buyer, but the price they are asking, is way OTT.

Gone are the days when BRFC had a chance, we have been raped and pillage by these people and we seem powerless as fans to do anything other than sit back and take it. The money raked in from sales since Venky's rolled up is staggering and they have the cheek to suggest that the club owe then £105 millions. Whatever way you look at it, the books have been well and truly cooked and we are on the verge of oblivion.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so.

With add ons up to 10 mil. But 5.5 million intial fee with appreances, promotion add ons(just my opinion)

Keeping hoping media sucker and enjoy your slabbering over twitter etc - that's all it is - one day you may actually wake up up to realisation

To be fair to Coyle almost every club that I know pull the "player is injured if there is an impending transfer".

no to be fair - they lied again ( not all of us are mugs)

And on that scenario anyway .. even our friends down the Road didn't pull that stint and stated Keane would not be playing recently due to the interest from Leicester

Kamy - please look away as can't have you falling under the loon / oc /chester bloke spell

One way or the other we're reaching breaking point. Relegation is highly likely. Survival will be Coyle's target. Even if we make it through next season I'm now wondering what their plan is for the longer term. The assets are running out. Soon there will be no more multi-million pound players to sell off. Then what?

Relegation odds of 11/2 (4th favourites). I'm tempted to put £40 on so if the worst does happen it will cover my ticket costs.

Keeping hoping media sucker and enjoy your slabbering over twitter etc - that's all it is - one day you may actually wake up up to realisation

There will be a small denial /explanation denying it all and any future quizzing will result in "ive explained earlier see my post" then there will be a bully claim

Someone posted yesterday, that we are the only club that has a transfer policy, where we are looking for a club for our players, not players for our club. This statement just about sums it up. Someone also suggested yesterday that Venky's are looking for a buyer, but the price they are asking, is way OTT.

Gone are the days when BRFC had a chance, we have been raped and pillage by these people and we seem powerless as fans to do anything other than sit back and take it. The money raked in from sales since Venky's rolled up is staggering and they have the cheek to suggest that the club owe then £105 millions. Whatever way you look at it, the books have been well and truly cooked and we are on the verge of oblivion.

When new wealthy owners step into a club there is usually change and upheaval but one of the first things they normally do is pay off the debts and start from a clean slate.

When Venkys & Co stepped through the door they just transferred the existing debt onto the holding company VLL's books and didn't actually pay it off despite that being in the sale agreement. Next up there was 10 million to be invested on takeover for the 'betterment' of the club, aghain part of the agreement, I believe they swerved on that as well.

Those 2 things alone set alarm bells ringing with some of us as to their true intentions. Almost straight away their partners started trying to cut costs, sell players and freeze others out.

But no they never intended to make any money did they ?

Ok mate. Remind me when was the last time you pumped millions of pounds into Blackburn Rovers?

Set aside your emotions and think what it takes to run up a debt of £120m in 5 seasons, bearing in mind the millions that have come in. There has been a mahoooooooooosive overspend. This overspend is because Venkys signed money off indiscriminately for around 3 and half years regardless of budgets...

Ask Glen Mullan about Rhodes. Kean had spent his budget on Murphy, Etuhu etc that summer and didn't even want Rhodes (wanted Simon Cox). So they spent £7m on a player the manager hadn't ask for...FFP finally put a stop to it.

Come off it Mani! Who are these multi million pound players they've racked up debts of 120M?

Rhodes 7M and everyone else loose change by the standards of clubs looking to be promoted from the Championship.

And KHod hasn't pumped millions into BRFC because he never lost it in the first place. They are not generous, just idiots and worse.

In my post I havent said it will be reinvested

You kept encouraging us to believe he wouldn't be sold at all.

One way or the other we're reaching breaking point. Relegation is highly likely. Survival will be Coyle's target. Even if we make it through next season I'm now wondering what their plan is for the longer term. The assets are running out. Soon there will be no more multi-million pound players to sell off. Then what?

Relegation odds of 11/2 (4th favourites). I'm tempted to put £40 on so if the worst does happen it will cover my ticket costs.

Can you tell me where you are getting 11/2 please as I can't find such good odds? As my football bets tend to lose, I might give that a go at those odds and hope am true to from.

Sad to see Grant Hanley go.

His performances last season were very good and deservedly won player of the season.

That said, his performances in 2014/15 weren't spectacular and his "red mist" moments will certainly cost his long term development.

Losing your captain is never a good feeling.

Will Hanley do it at Premier League level should Newcastle get promoted? Time will tell.

What is crucial is re-investment in players, as many have mentioned we need bodies, we need quality and we need it urgently. If we are to rely on a centre back pairing made up of Duffy, Ward, Brown and Wharton (who I've actually played cricket with when he was younger, nice lad) then it could be a long season indeed.

We managed to move on from selling Phil Jones and Scott Dann, hopefully we can do the same with Hanley

Betting on us to go down is a new low. Come on guys, really? :blink:

I hope this money does get used to bring someone in. However I think Cheston's comments earlier in the week about "some of it" was a nudge towards it not being. Crying shame really, the dismantling continues.

I wonder whether Coyle sanctioned this or the owners. It has to be said his comments about 4.5 mil being 'way off the mark' seemed to allude to wanting nearer the 10 mill mark. To accept 5.5 mil a week later either means he's lied again or it was out of his hands...

I hope Cheston does read these boards as some have mentioned. STOP TEARING OUR CLUB APART YOU MONEY GRABBING, BAND WAGON RIDING SCUM.

Pass that onto your 'new communications director' (if that ever happens, or is that where the Hanley money is going?? :huh: ) to pass onto the raven that flies the messages to India, maybe, when it gets there....possibly next year. Prat.

the only soft thing would be venkys leaving and taking their vile ownership with them .

That's true, It's a matter of survival until they leave,

I hope this money does get used to bring someone in. However I think Cheston's comments earlier in the week about "some of it" was a nudge towards it not being. Crying shame really, the dismantling continues.

I wonder whether Coyle sanctioned this or the owners. It has to be said his comments about 4.5 mil being 'way off the mark' seemed to allude to wanting nearer the 10 mill mark. To accept 5.5 mil a week later either means he's lied again or it was out of his hands...

I hope Cheston does read these boards as some have mentioned. STOP TEARING OUR CLUB APART YOU MONEY GRABBING, BAND WAGON RIDING SCUM.

Pass that onto your 'new communications director' (if that ever happens, or is that where the Hanley money is going?? :huh: ) to pass onto the raven that flies the messages to India, maybe, when it gets there....possibly next year. Prat.

Us accepting £5.5m rather than holding out for a bigger sum shows how desperate we are for the cash. Very little resistance was put up for fear that Newcastle would look elsewhere. Marshall and Duffy will also have to be sold as they won't be signing new contracts.

Rochina has signed for Ruben Kazan. That's another 1.5m.

7m now in player sales this summer, plus a massive amount of wages saved from the wage bill. Will we spend...

Henry on a perm deal would soften the blow of losing Hanley. A very good defender.

Potentially a good defender for me. He's too green at the moment, in his first spell here he misjudged headers and was having to make last ditch tackles because of his positioning. I'd like to see him at Rovers again, playing alongside an experienced defender like Ward or Brown is what he needs.

Betting on us to go down is't really a new low. I think the owners constantly appointing idiots, who try to take the fans for mugs, who lie cheat and deceive us, was already a low that no fan will ever get anywhere near. The only reason I would bet on us going down, is my bets never come in, so some reverse psychology at play from me. I haven't done it yet, but might do it I get the 11/2 being mentioned in an earlier post.

Can you tell me where you are getting 11/2 please as I can't find such good odds? As my football bets tend to lose, I might give that a go at those odds and hope am true to from.

Go onto the Oddschecker Website and find the Championship relegation odds page. They list the best odds. Corals had it at 11/2 this morning.

• Backroom

The money doesn't get re invested into improving the squad and the the overall debt continues to increase.

So, what is Venkys financial plan for the Club, and where does the transfer money go?

Bank-of-India-290x150.jpg

if the money is directly reinvested back into new players it will be a worthwhile move selling GH.

Isnt going to happen.

I don't see it as a low. It doesn't mean I want us to go down, just that if we do, which I think is likely, then I will be well compensated for the trauma of watching it happen. My season ticket would in effect be paid for. I would happily rip up a £20 note right now if survival was guaranteed.

The money doesn't get re invested into improving the squad and the the overall debt continues to increase.

So, what is Venkys financial plan for the Club, and where does the transfer money go?

About time the authorities of the game ask the same questions.

How do they go from Venkys to this Greek chap buying Forest as fit and proper?

£5.5 mil will only cover one party a month in Pune.......

Archived