Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Fa Cup 3rd Round Draw

Tris

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered my ticket.

2hrs 30mins on the train direct to Cardiff Central...however from there I haven't a clue what to do!

I'm guessing with a bit of research they will either be close to that station or they have a little station which runs from the main one.

For those who have been before to Ninian Park, whats around the ground in terms of pubs, food places, things to do apart from run from the locals?

rover.gif run tinykit.gif

really really quick.

Do you think that my inflatable sheep will get a good reception?

Also did any one get the letter with your ticket about not standing at away matches.

Im in the terraces, what am i supposed to do? Tris im sat in you lap big boy wink.gif

I never expected them to sell well. Just after crimbo and a run of fixtures in short sucession, not a particular inspiring ground, early round cup tie and the whole "soul crew" thing to worry about. it's a very easy one to miss.

Thankfully, the cup game at Millwall a couple of years ago was an absolutely top day out (with no agro and great friendly fans in the pub before hand) so I'm expecting nothing less of Cardiff.

Plus, it's a nice excuse to stand on a terrace for one last time.

Just be careful. The last Cardiff game I was at (admittedly not the best one- v Millwall) was very scary. They were fighting amongst thmselves inside the ground and were trying to break through the 15 foot high railings outside the ground after the game (During the game they sang a charming song which went "outside, a massacre outside" to the tune of "blue moon".)

And they're very, VERY ugly!!

Edited by Jan

Just be careful. The last Cardiff game I was at (admittedly not the best one- v Millwall) was very scary. They were fighting amongst thmselves inside the ground and were trying to break through the 15 foot high railings outside the ground after the game (During the game they sang a charming song which went "outside, a massacre outside" to the tune of "blue moon".)

And they're very, VERY ugly!!

The slightly older ones amongst us will remember the in-house fighting involving Rovers fans at the back of the Blackburn end.

Glad to say it does'nt happen anymore.

Perhaps it's because were much prettier these day's.

Stuwilky. Hive the train company a call you might be able to get a deal. I have been offered buy one get one free on our Journey from Hereford to Cardiff. Basically the deal is that if you buy 2 adult tickets they will give you another two on the same journey free.

One other thing that you might need to know ** THERE ARE NO TRAINS RUNNING BETWEEN HEREFORD AND NEWPORT ON SATURDAY SO THE TRAIN WILL BE REPLACED WITH A BUS SERVICE**

Ricky where did you here about the rail problems. Nothing on National Rail and the helpline don't know anything about it either.

The railway company do though, it isnt confirmed apparently, just on the "maybe" list.

They wont know until Friday, but should add 20 mins ot the jourtney time.

Any aussies know which match will be shown on espn at 3 55 am that morning??

FFS, the game ESPN chose was Sheffield United V Aston Villa which they're showing at 23:25 AEDST.

At least ESPN have a sense of humour, they're showing a replay of the Burnley V Liverpool game a few hours later at 6:30. rover.gif

Got to work this mornign to find an email from a pal who works for National Rail, the engineering works have been confirmed and it is a bus service between Herefpred and Newport, which adds between 40 - 60 minutes to the journey time.

Alternative route is via Birmingham (same price)

8.23 Manc 10.04 Birm NS 10.30 arrive Cardiff 12.19

17.50 - 19.45 Birm NS 20.03 Manc 21.44

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.