BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Fa Cup 3rd Round Draw

Tris

This is one of my favourite weekends of the football calendar.

Every year a handful of teams from way down the leagues go into this weekend and for some players it will be the biggest game of their lives.

If the players from Yeading, or Histon, or Hinckley United triumph prior to the draw on Sunday, they will feel that they've won a cup ... and the reward is to be in the hat with Blackburn, Burnley, Bolton, and lesser rubbish like Arsenal Youth and Chelsea 2nds.

Yeading isn't that far from where I live and they play Slough in a local derby tomorrow. Their players are ordinary people. I play Monday and Tuesday 5-a-side with their former schoolmates and team mates. But one of those two teams will be in the same hat as Liverpool and Manchester United.

The IT helpdesk operator or the local postman vs Mad Roy Keane or Milan the top scorer at Euro 2004 Baros. This is the FA Cup, and this is why football in this country cannot be touched by any other nation in the world.

For Rovers, I suppose all I want is an easy home draw, but at the same time I wish for a new away trip or a terrace to stand on. Come Sunday night, I'd love to be planning a trip to Hinckley or Aldershot.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love an away trip to some where exotic (Bury would be a favourite for me - never been and it's on the tram line!) but we always seem to be drawn against a team in the same division.

I'd love Histon as well as I worked there for a year not so long ago. There's one or two good pubs in Histon, one especially that does cracking lock-ins until the early hours.

I'm off to watch Hereford V Boston tomorrow. Would love Hereford V rovers in the third round. Be good to invite a few people to my home town for a night out.

heh, I wouldn't mind seeing that one either - I was born in Hereford and lived there for a couple of years smile.gif

The FA Cup 3rd round is probably one of the most famous dates in football.

Its a chance to inject much needed cash into football clubs which could help them survive for the next 10 years. Its a day when dreams can be rewarded and when dreams can be shattered.

This is why the FA Cup is the most famous cup in league football around the world.

Hopefully there is a lot of possible banana skin ties where the smaller teams get the chance to face the big boys.

Hopefully we won't be playing Bournemouth! tongue.gif

The Numbers & The Teams.

1 ARSENAL

2 ASTON VILLA

3 BIRMINGHAM CITY

4 BLACKBURN ROVERS

5 BOLTON WANDERERS

6 BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION

7 BURNLEY

8 CARDIFF CITY

9 CHARLTON ATHLETIC

10 CHELSEA

11 COVENTRY CITY

12 CREWE ALEXANDRA

13 CRYSTAL PALACE

14 DERBY COUNTY

15 EVERTON

16 FULHAM

17 GILLINGHAM

18 IPSWICH TOWN

19 LEEDS UNITED

20 LEICESTER CITY

21 LIVERPOOL

22 MANCHESTER CITY

23 MANCHESTER UNITED

24 MIDDLESBROUGH

25 MILLWALL

26 NEWCASTLE UNITED

27 NORWICH CITY

28 NOTTINGHAM FOREST

29 PLYMOUTH ARGYLE

30 PORTSMOUTH

31 PRESTON NORTH END

32 QUEENS PARK RANGERS

33 READING

34 ROTHERHAM UNITED

35 SHEFFIELD UNITED

36 SOUTHAMPTON

37 STOKE CITY

38 SUNDERLAND

39 TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

40 WATFORD

41 WEST BROMWICH ALBION

42 WEST HAM UNITED

43 WIGAN ATHLETIC

44 WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS

45 NORTHAMPTON TOWN

46 CHESTER CITY

47 STOCKPORT COUNTY OR SWANSEA CITY

48 BLACKPOOL

49 COLCHESTER UNITED

50 AFC BOURNEMOUTH

51 HINCKLEY UNITED OR BRENTFORD

52 FRANCHISE

53 SWINDON TOWN OR NOTTS COUNTY

54 HULL CITY

55 LUTON TOWN

56 SLOUGH TOWN OR YEADING

57 SCUNTHORPE UNITED

58 YEOVIL TOWN

59 ROCHDALE

60 HARTLEPOOL UNITED

61 OLDHAM ATHLETIC

62 BOSTON UNITED

63 PETERBOROUGH UNITED

64 EXETER CITY

It's about time that we had a good run in the cup. All to often we have benn dumped out in the early rounds against opposition we should really be beating, or else we draw someone like Arsenal or Chelsea early on. A good cup run, could increase confidence, lead to better results in the Premiership and allow some of the fringe players to show their worth.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.