neekoy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of comedy links here.

First of all

Sav - man of his word!

And then Robbie Savage is a pretty average player some Brum fans would have us believe. However he was above average enough to come 2nd in this poll for their player of the year 2004. This despite the fact that the voting took place after he'd handed in a transfer request! Dunny and Tiny haven't done too well tho sad.gif

Brum player of the year 2004

i cant believe how much u lot hate bruce

We don't hate Bruce (although I don't much like him either), nor do we reserve special hatred for Birmingham City. There are many teams in the Premiership I would rather beat. I do think that this transfer business has got a bit silly, but put a lot of it down to posturing for the sake of the fans by both sides. If you are going to post on a rival message board of course you will cop for a bit of flak, it's all part of the banter. Take it with good grace, give a bit back, then advance your arguements in a reasoned manner and you will find people willing to enter into the debate. All this "I can't wait to play you lot, then you'll see" stuff comes across as trolling, which gets everyone wound up. That said, we're still going to finish above your mob. wink.gif

I can't abide Bruce. Who is he to be preaching to Savage about sticking to contracts, he's walked out of every club he's been at. Ask Simon Jordan what he thinks of his loyalty. Also i can't stand listening to him being interviewed, all softly softly & luvly boy, he gets more & more like Oleary every day and while were at it why doesnt he get that bloody nose straightened!!!

What a shame yet another set of fans with " were realy a big club u know", weve got the perinail canditates spurs and newcastle know weve got Brum and Bolton, if u notice there is a pattern growing amonst these clubs - theyve all been starved of any succes

How can Birmingham be taken series as a big club, when they cant even attract 3% of the cities fanbase to watch them, theyve got less trophies than virtualy the whole of the prem, there are loosing there captain and best player to a club they deem inferior. they dont pay out big wages, there baord want to leave at the first chance, there stadium is only run-of the mill, they havent got a particually good academy need i go on , how the brum fans go around with this chip on there shoulder cause theyve been in the top Tier for a couple of seasons beats me

What a shame yet another set of fans with " were realy a big club u know", weve got the perinail canditates spurs and newcastle know weve got Brum and Bolton, if u notice there is a pattern growing amonst these clubs - theyve all been starved of any succes

How can Birmingham be taken series as a big club, when they cant even attract 3% of the cities fanbase to watch them, theyve got less trophies than virtualy the whole of the prem, there are loosing there captain and best player to a club they deem inferior. they dont pay out big wages, there baord want to leave at the first chance, there stadium is only run-of the mill, they havent got a particually good academy need i go on , how the brum fans go around with this chip on there shoulder cause theyve been in the top Tier for a couple of seasons beats me

Spellcheck resigns and seeks alternative employment.

i cant believe how much u lot hate bruce

his son plays for your club

let the football do the talking and i cant wait to play u lot in the coming months

as for yorke he cost £250k, really is pocket money for our owners who are worth around £350 million each

WHO IS THIS BLUE NOSE CHIMP.

WHILE I CAN RECALL WINNING THE PREMIER LEAGUE AND ALSO WINNING THE LEAGUE CUP IN 2002. I AM RACKING MY BRAIN TRYING TO RECALL WHAT THE BIRMINGHAM HAVE WON IN THE LAST 10 YEARS ERRRRR OH YES PROMOTION BIG DEAL AND YOU HAD TO DO THAT VIA THE PLAY OFFS. YOUR MANAGER IS THE BIGGEST MERCENARY IN THE PREMIERSHIP JUST ASK ANY PALACE FAN.

YOU HAVE THE CHEEK TO MOAN WHEN WE WANT TO BUY ONE OF YOUR PLAYERS WHEN STEVE BRUCE HAS BEEN CONSTANTLY KNOCKING ON OUR DOOR INTENT ON BUILDING BIRMINGHAM INTO BLACKBURN RESERVES, MAY BE HE MIGHT SIGN AMORUSO SOON YOU KNOW HE HAS AN EYE FOR A BARGAIN eg DWIGHT YORKE.

SAVAGE HAS DECIDED TO JOIN A QUALITY UP AND COMING OUTFIT AND CHOSEN NOT STAY WITH A CLUB IN DECLINE. AS I WRITE THIS WE ARE ONE POINT BEHIND YOU IN THE PREMIERSHIP I BET WE ARE AT LEAST 10 POINTS AHEAD OF YOU COME MAY. AND AS FOR STEVE BRUCES SON HE HAS BEEN SHIPPED OUT ON LOAN TO OLDHAM.

Bazza I like what you're trying to say and your views are very similar to my own but your argument would benefit with a bit of spell-checking and grammar revision. For starters "txt" speak is very much frowned upon on this board ("u" instead of "you" etc). Also when you are indicating the posession of something (any kind of noun) use the word "their", not "there". For example it is "Their board wants to leave at the first chance" not "there baord want to leave at the first chance". You should also make an effort to capitalise the first letter of each sentence.

Anyway I look forward to your next post/rant biggrin.gif.

The Sun

Don't know how true this is.

ROBBIE SAVAGE wrote off £150,000 to clinch his move to Blackburn.

The Birmingham midfielder received the payment — a loyalty bonus and advance on his image rights — after signing a new contract last summer.

But Brum refused to consider Rovers’ £3.1million offer until Savage promised to return the cash.

strange they want a promise from a player they CAN'T TRUST anymore

evidently his move is also not monetaryly motivated with,

The player agreed after rejecting another last-ditch attempt from chairman David Gold to keep him.

Birmingham were willing to match whatever Savage was offered by Blackburn but were turned down

Edited by modes98

evidently his move is also not monetaryly motivated with,

The player agreed after rejecting another last-ditch attempt from chairman David Gold to keep him.

Birmingham were willing to match whatever Savage was offered by Blackburn but were turned down

It never was about the £ - he wants to play for Mark & Mark, period. And we all knew (those of us who didn't should have) this was going to come to be back in September when we hired them.

"The final deal is likely to include a clause preventing Savage playing for Rovers when they visit St Andrew’s on April 30."

How stupid! He's a midfield grafter, hardly Thierry Henry is he?

What Babies.

I agree. What a pansy move from those Brummy blouses. What are they worried about?

If we were as cowardly as they are we would have added clauses stipulating that Tiny, Dunny, and Yorke MUST play when Birmingham meet Blackburn rolleyes.gif

Izzitnot:

no doubt bruce has improved him by 35% since arriving from leicester, he was a loud mouth nobody and bruce turned him into a combative high work load midfielder

Here you say that Savage improved by 35% since he joined.

just a warning,

he is 30 yrs old now and his best yrs are past him, he isnt the same player he was when he first joined us, he hasnt the stamina to run around the pitch like he use to which is basically wot savage is all about, so expect him to be really quiet some games and completly useless and others where he runs around kicking everyone, he has lsot around 20% of his pace

And here you say that he isn't a better player than when he first joined.

That is not the only contradiction in your first post:

Lets face it your not a better club than us, your league form the past few seasons is patchy, all your top quality players have left or got 2 old and u have struggled to bring in quality replacements, so is it the welsh connection, why would he join a club below us in the table with a real possibility of relegation ?

So, Blackburn is not a better club than Birmingham, yes?

us blues fans have been saying for the past 12 months that the squad have out grown him, he hasnt the ability to improve us technically to be honest...

So Birmingham is above Savage and is a much better club than Blackburn? Hang on a minute...!

Look at what was in The Sun (hardly a respectable paper, but there is nothing wrong with the article, when you skim it) said:

Birmingham were willing to match whatever Savage was offered by Blackburn but were turned down.

Birmingham were "moving heaven and earth" to keep Savage.

Therefore, we can conclude that:

1. Blackburn are a bigger club than Birmingham, and;

2. Birmingham is not above Savage. Rather, he was a very important first team player, if not indispensable.

These Brummies stay in the Premier for two seasons and they think theyve shifted the earths axis.

SO WHAT?

We won a cup in our first season back up!We went to Europe through the league a season later when we finished 6th!

What the hell have you done?

Buying reject players from other clubs is all you do.

biggrin.gif

Good luck,we will see what happens when the mercenary steve bruce does a runner on you and how you will thank him then! smile.gif

"The final deal is likely to include a clause preventing Savage playing for Rovers when they visit St Andrew’s on April 30."

How stupid! He's a midfield grafter, hardly Thierry Henry is he?

What Babies.

Can they even do that if it's a permanent purchase? I just assumed you could only do that for loans. I mean after all, if that was the case everyone would write in clauses like that and no one would ever be playing against their ex-club, right?

I agree, theno... what babies.

Bit too easy to say that now, Ryan.

Oh, come now chocks, it was one of the first things articulated, both here on this board as well as in the silly tabloids, when Mark & Mark were brought in. One of those "it's just a matter of time" things. It made all the whiney crap coming out of St Andrews about tapping up, money grubbing, the "we're bigger so why?!?" stuff all the more entertaining. Gold & Sullivan were just incredulous about Sav wanting to come little Blackburn. You know, that club with 10 times the major trophies they have.

and the £150k valuation is BS, if it was down to that you would of offered it already

If I may join in.

OK the £150K was not about valuation but there was a £150K hickup in the process. How on earth Brum expected to persuade Savage to stay, offering him equal terms to Rovers and behaving like little spoilt brats with their threats and stances if he did go.

I would think Savage now has absolutely zero respect or regard for the club, its Directors, its MD and especially its "do what I say, not what I do" Manager.

Lovely to see Brum so utterly paranoid about Savage that they don't want him to play on 30 April- I can understand those types of clauses when a player's new club happens to play the old one a week after the transfer but three months later! Obviously Steve Bruce is incapable of changing his tactics from one month to another. laugh.gif

Edited by philipl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.