SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's a chance we might get more than the £4m he's "really" worth, why shouldn't we take it? As the selling club our goal is to get the most money possible, regardless of what he's ACTUALLY worth. Nothing wrong with setting the asking price at £6m+ and just wait. If Rangers really want him, they'll up their £3m bid. I doubt we'll get £6m+, but £5m isn't out of the question.

I'm not saying that we shouldnt start of by asking more than hes worth. That should be standard practice. My point is that we shouldnt hold out for far more than hes worth and accept nothing else.

"The speculation is annoying as I have more than two years left on my current contract here," said Ferguson.

"Since the new regime have come in I've really enjoyed it.

"The training has been excellent and I believe that I can learn a lot from the new guys who have come in and the stuff they're coaching us.

"The main thing is I'm happy and my family is happy and if we can get it right on a Saturday, then I'll be even happier.

"I definitely see my future here. I can't do anything to stop all the speculation."

Need I say anymore rolleyes.gif Just hope we recoup most of the fee we paid for him otherwise we'll have been robbed. Just another example of a Souness master stroke in the transfer market. Can we please put Amoruso in the same deal somehow.

Clearly there's not enough sectarian bigotry in the Ribble Valley

Sorry- inappropriate comment from me

Whatever you said it was probably warranted.

Why can't people grasp that, by referring to sectarianism and bigotry when criticising Scottish football, you are lowering yourself to that level and as a consequence are no better than those you malign?

TDI, I feel that that is spin-doctoring that would put Alistair Campbell to shame.

How can you admire the bottle of one of our own players in handing in a transfer request? He never showed any bottle on the park and he hasn't shown any here by scuttling off to a poorer league because he can't hack it here. Let's face it, he's been upstaged by far greater talents, and hasn't responded to the challenge.

As for finding out the real reasons for the transfer request, we'll simply never know, we just have to use our intuition.

Maybe I haven't made myself clear Bryan.

If the reason for wanting to return is exclusively family related, then he has shown great courage to hand in a request. However, if the reason is because he feels he can't hack it at Premiership level and wants to return to the comfort zone, then yes, he deserves the flack.

I am niether defending or attacking the guy at this point (he is still a Rovers player). I prefer to reserve my thoughts until I know more.

And BTW I believe the reasons for a move will become apparent after the event. thumbs-up.gif

This is very disappointing news. Ferguson has been very good this season, now that he has settled into the style of the Premiership. The fact that he has stated how happy he is here and that his future lies with Rover, makes this news even more bewildering. The idea of a centre midfield pairing of Ferguson and Savage was starting to grow on me. We don't have to sell him, especially at the price Rangers have offered. If he were to leave, we have the likes f Thompson, Reid, Tugay and Flitcroft who can fill his position, but not necessarily his boots.

TDI, I feel that that is spin-doctoring that would put Alistair Campbell to shame.

How can you admire the bottle of one of our own players in handing in a transfer request? He never showed any bottle on the park and he hasn't shown any here by scuttling off to a poorer league because he can't hack it here. Let's face it, he's been upstaged by far greater talents, and hasn't responded to the challenge.

As for finding out the real reasons for the transfer request, we'll simply never know, we just have to use our intuition.

Maybe I haven't made myself clear Bryan.

If the reason for wanting to return is exclusively family related, then he has shown great courage to hand in a request. However, if the reason is because he feels he can't hack it at Premiership level and wants to return to the comfort zone, then yes, he deserves the flack.

I am niether defending or attacking the guy at this point (he is still a Rovers player). I prefer to reserve my thoughts until I know more.

And BTW I believe the reasons for a move will become apparent after the event. thumbs-up.gif

The one problem with his leaving because of the familly is that he said in the last month that he and his familly were happy here. Shame he was honest at that point if family is the real reason.

I CANNOT BELIVE THIS PUSSY WHIMP ARSEHOLE!!(SORRY TO B RUDE, BUT I DO NOT GIVE A TOSS THIS TIME!!)

HE ONLY LEFT RANGERS COS HE WANTED TO TRY HIMSELF IM PREMIERSHIP

WHAT DOES HE GET?? A MOVE TO THE PREMIERSHIP AND AS CLOSE CLUB AS POSSIBLE TO SCOTLAND ( OK NEWCASTLE, BUT STILL)

SO THEN HE HOMESICK ( A FEW HRS DRIVE), MY ARSE.. I BET HIS WIFE WHINING OR SUMMIN, BUT FOR GODS SAKE, THIS HIS CAREER AND HE WILL REGRET FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.. IF GIVEN THE CHANCE HE SHOULD NOT GIVE UP!!

IF HE GOES TO NEWCASTLE OR WHATEVER THEN HE WOULD BE A RUDE @#/?, INJURD FOR AGES AND WE PAY HIM LOADS WHILST HE WITH US FOR NO TIME AND THE WASTED CONFLICT MAKING HIM CAPTAIN.. I MEAN WHAT MORE COULD THIS GUY ASK FOR?? SERIOUSLY, MAYBE HE WANTS SOUNESSES ARSE... IF HE GOES THERE WILL JUST PROVE HOW SILLY SOUNESS ACTUALLY IS

NO EXCUSE WILL MAKE HIM LOOK GOOD, JUST A FAILURE, HOW CAN HE MAKE THIS DECISION

SO

I HOPE TO GOD WE DO NOT ALLOW HIM TO GO TO ANOTHER PREM CLUB ( UNLESS CHELASE FOR 10 MILL OR SUMMIN, BUT HE TOO CRAP, NE NEVER REALLY CAUGHT ANY PUNDITS EYE OR ANYTHING, JUST NORMAL)

ALSO SEASON TICKET HOLDERS MAINLY HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE ###### OFF ABOUT THIS UNLESS WE GET EVERY PENNY BACK FOR HIM... AND WHY DONT WE MAKE A STANCE SEEING RANGERS WANT HIM AND HE WANTS TO GO, WHY SHOULD WE SELL HIM FOR ANY LESS FOR GODS SAKE SPECIALLY AS THEY JUST GOT MONEY FROM BOUMSONG ( ANY WAY WE CAN COMPLAIN TO THE BOARD ? PLS HAHA)

HE NEVER LOOKED HAPPY IN ROVERS WORLD INTERVIEWS THE GRUMPY OLD FAG

JUST CANNOT BELIEVE A SEEMINGLY SO TOUGH SCOTSMAN COULD BE SUCH A WHIMP??

SORRY I HAD TO VENT, WHO THE HELL HE THINK HE IS DOING THIS TO ROVERS CONSIDERING WE WERE SOOO NICE TO HIM???

ANY FEEDBACK??

hee thought it twas me with sausage fingers and caps lock problem laugh.gif

Abbey wins post of the year!! tongue.gif

Well, we didn't see that coming did we? dry.gif I'm a bit annoyed by the prospect of losing Ferguson, I think he's a better player than some are making out (now that he's handed in his transfer request), and in tandem with Savage could have been part of one of the best central midfield pairings in the league. That said, if we can recoup a large part of the fee we paid for him it wouldn't be the end of the world; even without Ferguson our midfield is good enough to hold it's own (or will be when Savage arrives) and it will hopefully free up enough cash to buy a quality striker with a few years left in them.

agree with you tony i think we should try to keep him. Trouble is if its family related he will have to move to somewhere else, even maybe wrexham?

If its related ot the fact he doesn't think he can hack it then it won't be a problem when we reject all rangers' bids.

Crompton,Clayton,Keeley,Hendry......Players who wore the blue 'n' white shirt and captained the club with pride

Can somebody explain to me how we ended up with this waster Ferguson? huh.gif.I feel sorry for everybody concerned with our famous, grand old club as we've simply been taken for a ride.

Get back home tee ya mam.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Why can't people grasp that, by referring to sectarianism and bigotry when criticising Scottish football, you are lowering yourself to that level and as a consequence are no better than those you malign?

I'm afraid I don't understand what you are getting at.

Mine was a poor attempt at a joke.....BF's family are said to have been unable to settle in the area, BF earlier claimed he was looking forward to some "peace and quiet" for himself and the family.

Apologies from me. smile.gif

maybe he will sign for Everton, appartantly Savage gave Fergy his map a few days ago and according to the map Everton is far closer to Scotland then Blackburn

anyway, its bad news, i don't think he is particalurly a top player and is overrated, but I would have liked to see if he could have picked up his game with Savage in the team.

Edited by chris

Must admit - I'm a wee bit worried over the timing of this. Birmingham have been really knarked about the whole Savage thing & they could decide to just let him rot in the reserves for the remainder of the season and thus weakening one of their main rivals.

Assuming you get £750k for each position you finish higher up the table ( that's probably more than savages wages for the next few months), if they didn't sell him to us and we lose Fergusson, then we are in trouble!

And for anyone else worried about this £2.5 million payment - THAT WILL HAVE BEEN ACCOUNTED FOR, SO IF WE WRITE OFF THE DEBT TO RANGERS, Hughes would get the cash for a new player. It's not like we would be losing anything.

If we get anywhere near £5 mill we should take it and move on. Scot Parker anyone?

Must admit - I'm a wee bit worried over the timing of this. Birmingham have been really knarked about the whole Savage thing & they could decide to just let him rot in the reserves for the remainder of the season and thus weakening one of their main rivals.

Savage will be playing against Bolton on Monday. Don't worry.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you are getting at.

Mine was a poor attempt at a joke.....BF's family are said to have been unable to settle in the area, BF earlier claimed he was looking forward to some "peace and quiet" for himself and the family.

Apologies from me. smile.gif

It wasnt aimed solely at you Paul, but it does seem like the issue is used all too frequently by people South of the border having a pop at Scottish football. For the people that have to deal with that situation, it's not really a laughing matter.

Anyway, you'd think there's enough ammo for taking the ###### out of Scottish football without needing to resort to talking about the religious divide! wink.gif

And for anyone else worried about this £2.5 million payment - THAT WILL HAVE BEEN ACCOUNTED FOR, SO IF WE WRITE OFF THE DEBT TO RANGERS, Hughes would get the cash for a new player. It's not like we would be losing anything.

A slightly naive view of company accounting. It WILL have been accounted for. This is a completely different thing than the cash being available. Possibly it is, but it could be that Rangers have been warned that we would be unable to make the payment, and so think they can do this deal at a price we'd be forced to accept.

Benhben.

We don't owe them £2.5m. We owe them less than that, according to JW in this morning's Daily Record. This final payment is due in August.

The bid was £3m; Rangers were proposing funding the bid by writing off the remaining debt and paying us the balance.

Hey m8 do not every believe what is written in the Daily Record its nearly always wrong.

Again- we may be owed some cash from some of the many people we've sold to them. We may even be robbing Peter to pay Paul in that we're diverting the Ferguson payment to buy Savage. Who knows? I don't, but I'd just counsel not to automatically think that this is another £3 million to spend

Anyway, you'd think there's enough ammo for taking the ######

Let's play fill in the blanks!

Gibbon?

Banana?

Ahhhhhhhhhh, could be "Mickey", but is that an expletive on your side of the Wall?

Trouser?

"Are you taking the trouser, pal? Eh?! Eh?! EH?! I used ta clear oot the mashed pie dishes in Barlinnie mate! I'm gonna McEwan's Export ye, eh! Pal!"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.