BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

I completely agree Blueboy but perhaps not so colourfully!

Thankfully, no reports of Everton interest in the media this morning- yet!

One piece of speculation which makes sense is that Rangers and Barry have been asked to wait until the summer so that we can get out of this season as a Premiership outfit.

Then I would imagine it will be a re-run of the Dunn scenario as he will still have two years left on his current contract

Barry will be offered a contract extension. If he signs fine. If not, negotiate the biggest fee possible- at least Rangers won't be able to play silly with the £2.5m outstanding as it will have been paid by then.

This is going to turn me into a Celtic supporter- Rangers were too skint to put in a decent bid now and will be again in the summer if they don't have guarranteed Champs League football.

Edited by philipl

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bazza will leave,whether in 2 weeks or in 6 months.

I hope the latter.Maybe by then he will see our form so upturned that he will decide to give it a go next year.

BUT im certain that WHEN Gravesen leaves today Moyes will offer something for Ferguson OR Savage,if not both.How much will he offer? 8 million Euros?Could we say no?

A glasgow paper's take on the situation.

Whilst it is full of caledonian hubris (a Bosman is 30 months away and no account is taken of the improvements playing in the EPL will have brought!),

the interesting comment is the one that Michael Gray "has been released".

Presumably a half-baked reference to the Birmingham link without taking into account we still have Matteo, McEvely and Gresko. ahem, Michael Ball anyone?

I think Murray can whistle waiting for a written transfer request- Viola is in for the money.

they seem to just be making things up in order to move this transfer forward.

i hope he stays and proves what a good player he is and how class he can become. I have defended our decision to buy him since the start, and always end up saying "hes better than you give him credit", but if he chooses to go back to the micky mouse league then he will not only let down the blackburn faithful, but himself, because he will never be regarded as a great player

if he wants to be a big fish in a small pond then let him, but not for anything less than the 5 million we want

almost as fair as getting a player for free and selling him for 8 million 4 months down the line................

hes talking out of his arse

Im sure he thinks we are all gonna do a little dance whilst praising him for the £500,000 in cash we would then have

idiot, hes blatently trying to play mind games

and why is he saying he will be a free agent by the end of next year, his contracts til 2007, am i right?

Edited by youandwhosearmy

Aren't the Scots on this board feeling utterly humiliated that one of the two biggest clubs in Scotland only values your national team's skipper at £500,000 cash?

...or less than 10% of the cash value of the England u-21 skipper we sold 18 months ago? laugh.gif

Edited by philipl

Well Well.

Is he going? looks that way.

All I can say is you left your beloved RANGERS SO NOT THAT IMPORTANT TO YOU!

Remember when you were injured? Who paid your wages?

Remember when you were playing poor? We cheered you on.

Are you good enough for prem?

James McFadden and co have the right ideas,

1) Prem is place to be

2) 4 decent games in Scotland

If you leave the Prem

1) Proving you are not good enough

2) Showing all the pundits right that the Scottish internationals are not what they were.

Look at all the real quality Scots, Dalglish, Gemmill, Gallacher, McDermot, Souness Grr, Dickov, Hendry, and the Sky pundits.

Homesick? Its only 2 hours to Glasgow!

Do you see top scottish managers staying in Scotland?

You have a long time retired to go back home!

We hope you stay! But only if you want to!

Rovers are right to hard ball this. Ferguson is not for sale.

Ferguson will only go if

He submits a transfer request in which case Rovers and Rangers together will squeeze both him and Viola because Rovers will play very hard on the transfer fee, or

Rangers offer £6.5m+, or most likely

A two or three way bidding war erupts and an EPL club which can afford it pays £6.5m+

As things stand, I think it is extremely unlikely he will join Rangers in this transfer window. Their offer is derisory.

Edited by philipl

IF THE GUY HAS NOT LIVED UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS, THEN THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM

wow dude its just peoples opinions it not life and death (unless its an opinion on life and death) tongue.gif

people don't have to think he's a god just because you do

I think both sides have perfectly valid points, particularly when potentially selling a player you have to look at the pro's and con's.

According to the Guardian, Rovers are willing to sell Ferguson back to Rangers but not untill summer:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/...1390231,00.html

Can't find any other links confirming this at the moment.

--

See now that this has been mentioned earlier in this thread but that noone has provided a source/link for the story so hope it's ok that I posted the link

--

Another edit - story from mirror.co.uk (also posted in Savage thread) saying that Ferguson will be moving to Rangers for 4 mill £ and Michael Ball joining us:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sporttop/tm_...-name_page.html

Edited by moerpho

IF THE GUY HAS NOT LIVED UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS, THEN THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM"

Actualy, it's his problem for not living up to expectaitions although to be fair, the expectations were excessive. There was no way that Ferguson is or was worth what we paid for him, and sadly there is also no way that he is a world class player. I think many Rovers fans are guilty, or rather hopeful, of thinking he's a class player due to the massive investment in him.

Don't get me wrong the guys good, but no better than many other stars and certainly not one of the top midfielders in the Premiership. I'd get rid, his loss will not be that great, like the loss of Shearer or Duff, or even as significant as Dunn or Cole. From a footballing sense, whilst a loss, it is not the most signifcant. Also in moving back to Rangers no one could accuse him of moving to bigger and better things, Rovers don't look like a stepping stone and would emerge with their prestige intact.

Personally I think our situation, though much improved under Hughes is still precarious, and we cannot afford to be carrying anyone. We must have players who want to fight for the cause and someone wanting to go home who hasn't got their heart in it could be detrimental to the team. To be honest the worst situation would be for Ferguson to stay till summer where we're playing a demotivated players and paying his (rather large) wages, and his value would decrease. Barry must commit to either Rovers or Rangers now. As it is I think he'll go.

Finally Rovers must get value for money. The days where we release Grabbi or Cole for nothing must be behind us if we are to progress as a club. I'd much rather have Hughes with a decent transfer budget than Ferguson staying. Ferguson does not make that much of an impact on the team, certainly not enough to justify his high fee. A couple of shrewd signings from Hughes could have a much stronger impact on the team and reap benefit in several positions.

lets for one minute suppose that hughes wants fergie out to change his midfield. Does he have somone else in mind to come into the midfeild ( taking it that savage is coming anyway?)

what about selling fergie and buying andy reid from forest?

thommo and savage in the middle with emerton and reid on the wings? could be very tasty! With Reid to fill in on either side and flitty / tugay to fill in the middle.

Assuming Hughes had a small transfer fund of around £2-3m mill ( inc. of the beattie money & compensation from souness) - it would suggest he has to sell before he could buy anymore to get the team he wants....

According to Sky Sports News, Rangers are not prepared to increase their bid for Ferguson which "is music to John William's ears"!

That can only been good news. Im quite looking forward to seeing Ferguson and Savage play in the same midfield.

Emerton - Savage - Ferguson - Ried/MGP/Thommo.

Looks quite good to me.

what about selling fergie and buying andy reid from forest?

Wouldn't touch this boy with a ten foot pole.

Fat, Lazy and arrogant. Can't tackle and doesn't try either. Plays almost as a third forward the times I have seen him at Forest.

No doubt he has talent, but he isn't enough of an all round package for me. Strikes the ball well, but I don't think he's good enough for the prem.

The fee Forest want is ridiculous.

Scott Parker has a broken foot.

Ferguson has said he is happy at Rovers according to Andy C's post on this thread.

Mark Hughes could not be clearer in saying Ferguson is not for sale.

Doesn't Sparky look like a vicar in that Sky Sports picture? Is he no longer going to shock Jan and Roversmum with his language in the technical area (perhaps it should be renamed the swear box)?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.