SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about time the wee man opened his gob and said something one way or the other. His silence is deafening.

The wee man had plenty to say last month, CLB...

Barry Ferguson said: (I quote)

"The main thing is that I'm happy and my family is happy. I definitely see my future here."

"I'm loving it at Blackburn and, hopefully, I can stay here for a few more years yet."

"I've still got more than two years left on my contract and since the new regime have come in, I've really enjoyed it. I've learned so much in the last couple of months and I'm really enjoying myself."

(Quotes taken from the LET) - link below:

http://tiscali.football365.com/teams/black...ry_135783.shtml

But now though, according to David Murray, Ferguson has "expressed a willingness to return to Rangers."

"Blackburn risk holding onto a very unhappy player," says Mr Murray.

So in the space of just a few weeks, Ferguson has gone from being a happy player who is "really enjoying it" at Rovers - to now apparently being very unhappy at Blackburn.

If Murray's comments about Fergie wanting to move back to Rangers are true, then I think the whole thing is disgusting. Like the Savage saga, it sickens me.... sad.gif

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

I think this was always on the cards. Ferguson never seemed to me to be a person capable of surviving away from Scotland (I believe I wrote that on this board at the time of his move. I believe some people thought I was saying it with green-tinted specs. I wasn't wrong.)

Many, especially poorly-educated, Scots just cannot be taken away from their support network without falling apart. I've seen it too many times, and I'm afraid Barry never had enough about himself that I thought it would be untrue of him. He may be blaming his wife, and undoubtedly she's a contributory factor, but I suspect he can't cope without his extended family and the adoration he got from the fans at Rangers (he was one of THEM before he played for them). Rovers could never compete with that.

Edited by Jan

Everton chief executive Keith Wyness, commenting on Thomas Gravesen's departure to Real Madrid, said tonight: "No one at Everton wanted to lose Thomas Gravesen. We did everything we could to keep him. But once it became clear Thomas had set his heart on a move to Real we fought hard for the best possible deal.”

Which is what I believe Rovers are doing over Ferguson at this moment.

I cannot believe you're trying to compare the two situations.

Graveson has come from obscurity via Everton to the biggest club in the world. That deal is done.

Ferguson has come from obscurity to Rovers and some scottish tabloids think he's going back to obscurity.

Like philipl, I can't see any evidence that Ferguson is going anywhere other than Brockhall and Ewood until at least the summer.

Rangers can't afford him. If someone else comes in on Jan 30th with 7.5 million quid, then fine - goodbye. But that won't happen.

This isn't like Savage - it took over a dozen soul-spilling tabloid exclusives and two half-dead parents to engineer that situation.

Ferguson hasn't been near the press. Even his agent hasn't made a single direct quote.

And this isn't like Graveson. Good luck to him - he's got an amazing opportunity and I will watch his progress with interest. But you can't draw a parallel between Graveson to Madrid and Ferguson to Glasgow. That's just silly.

You're missing the point.

Everton accepted that Gravesen wanted to leave and Rovers will have to do the same because Ferguson has told the board he wants to go.

The only issue to be resolved is the transfer fee. Rangers will find the money.

FERGUSON OWES IT TO HIS CAREER TO STAY IN ENGLAND

By Phil Gordon

Apologies to any this might offend, my wife is Scottish, it's a great country.

An interesting article by a journalist writing in a broadsheet. Generally this means he has to try to be clever, witty and offer insight. Which makes our Phil something of a failure - bu then by his own admission he only managed a year himself in the PL of journalism - London.

Comparing Blackburn and Hamilton? Does anyone seriously believe Ferguson, van Bronckhurst, Larsson or McStay actually LIVED in Hamilton. Just as BF doesn't actually live in Blackburn. Anyone been to Hamilton? It's the pits.

The sights of Glasgow are only 20 minutes away. True a very vibrant and exciting city just like Manchester only 40 minutes away.

Ferguson yearns to be back in the original Hamilton, the Lanarkshire town he grew up and lived in until his transfer to Blackburn Rovers 17 months ago.

Ferguson’s wife will miss the family support she had back in her native Hamilton. It is not easy to move away from your comfort zone. I can empathise, having spent a year each in London and Darlington.

errrr.....excuse me, I thought these people were grown ups. Get on with it, like the rest of us.

Ferguson was peerless in Rangers’ Treble success in 2003 — he provided the drive, the penetrating passes and even, unusually, the goals. His haul of 20 that term are in stark contrast to the two he has managed this season at Blackburn,
Mr. Gordon we are talking about the mickey mouse league, I could penetrate a mdifield up there.

I hope Ferguson stays as he is undoubtedly a good player, that he is lauded Scottish captain shows the poverty of Scottish football. One thing which interests me is I was one of 2 or 3 who suggested Ferguson wasn't worth the money from the very beginning - now it seems half of Blackburn agrees? smile.gif

HYPOCRITES GET YOUR STORIES STRAIGHT mad.gif

Murray says Barry hasnt done anything to increase his value and in fact his value has receeded,as he has been injured,etc.etc...

Then Mcleish this morning is reported by Teamtalk to have said

He said: "We have heard through friends and family of Barry that he would love a return - so I would love him here. He was my biggest loss.

"He would bring back what he gave us when he was here. He has got better with every game down there. Another bid is obviously down to our finances."

So which is it?

If he has improved with every game,then shouldnt his value be the same if not more?

But importantly Mcleish didnt ever say Bazza himself wants to come back.

I think this was always on the cards. Ferguson never seemed to me to be a person capable of surviving away from Scotland (I believe I wrote that on this board at the time of his move. I believe some people thought I was saying it with green-tinted specs. I wasn't wrong.)

Many, especially poorly-educated, Scots just cannot be taken away from their support network without falling apart. I've seen it too many times, and I'm afraid Barry never had enough about himself that I thought it would be untrue of him. He may be blaming his wife, and undoubtedly she's a contributory factor, but I suspect he can't cope without his extended family and the adoration he got from the fans at Rangers (he was one of THEM before he played for them). Rovers could never compete with that.

Jan I am beginning to get the sinking feeling you are spot on.

I initially felt that Viola had gone through a bad patch including exposees by Aberdeen and Hibs of "creative" deal making and was trying his luck with Barry. Use of the homesick story to induce a bid from Rangers then bingo with a move to Everton, Newcastle or even the Mancs.

I've just seen a Rangers site post which claims that Viola has been telling the likes of Newcastle and Everton that Barry will only play at either Rovers or Rangers!

The good news is that he is willing to play at Rovers, the bad news is that Rangers can play a long game with an increasingly unsettled Barry.

Of course, it is possible for people to change their minds and the barrage of pieces coming from concerned Scots urging Barry to stick it out and realise his potential in England shows there is no shortage of volunteers willing to do so.

I also wonder if the Fergusons are forgetting the goldfish bowl of bigotry they themselves openly talked about being glad to leave? If it was bad before, I am sure the green half will be reserving a special welcome home for the Fergusons. Sad to have to talk like that but that is probably the reality, especially after openly complaining about it so the bigots know they have a soft target.

On the homesickness business? Well you make your own life. While I'm sure Mr and Mrs F may miss home it is only 3 hours away. Footballers chose how they build their lives. You can have money and lead an ordinary life. Has Mrs F never heard of the school gate? This is how most families build new lives and relationships or are the Ferguson family so used to money and having their own way the effort is too great? We all develop new friendships, relationships etc as we go through life. Join a tennis club dear.

Or is Hamilton such an inward looking place that moving out of Lanarkshire is totally traumatic. I think you are pretty close with your assessment Jan.

You're missing the point.

Everton accepted that Gravesen wanted to leave and Rovers will have to do the same because Ferguson has told the board he wants to go.

The only issue to be resolved is the transfer fee. Rangers will find the money.

A slight difference though in the conduct of the players in those two cases, particularly when taking into consideration their service to their clubs and the length left on the contracts of the two players.

Gravesen has never stated that he is unhappy at Goodison, just let it be known that he would be leaving for a better club in the summer (Everton knew this last summer but decided not to sell him to a German team- forget who- as they were worried they might need him for another relegation scrap!). Why shouldn't he after serving the contract he signed in 2000, especially as he has been a far better player for Everton than Ferguson has (so far) been for Rovers? Everton decided to cash in now rather than lose him on a free.

However Ferguson seems to be serving Rovers far worse than Gravesen did Everton. Sell me or I'll be unhappy and not give my all. The difference between the two is that Gravesen has been a good servant to his employers and can hold his head high as four years of good service isn't bad in the books of any employer, if Ferguson and his wife really aren't actually willing to give it a proper go in the Premiership then he hasn't got anything to proud of with his time at Rovers. Just over a year they've been living in England I think it is - that's not giving it your best shot, that's cutting and running back to mummy. If after another year or so they are still unhappy then fair enough it isn't for them but to run back north so soon suggests they decided the challenge was too much for them.

I'm hoping Ferguson sticks it out and lives up to his potential as a player. We certainly don't want to lose him now, in the summer at least we'd have plenty of time to look for replacements.

Agree with Jim that if Ferguson really does want to go then the only issue to be resolved is the transfer fee. There's not much the board can do otherwise which wouldn't also damage themselves.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

I know so many Scots here and in other parts of the world.

I cannot accept the suggestion that they find it hard to settle outside of Scotland.

Could one suggest that Ferguson was sold at a time when Rangers were in a bit of a fix.

I'm sure certain members of Proactive Sports may well have been quite happy wink.gifdry.gif

On the homesickness business? Well you make your own life. While I'm sure Mr and Mrs F may miss home it is only 3 hours away.

Half that in a helicopter ........ which he could well afford.

It all just proves how completely detached from reallity so many soft arsed footballers really are. I wonder if a straw poll were taken just how many of our troops are happy in Iraq at the moment? But I haven't heard of any of them sodding off home just because they are missing their mum and their mates! mad.gif

Maybe Ferguson should be given a week off training and flown over to Iraq to talk to a few of our lads there. After that maybe he should then visit the devastated areas and people in the Tsunami area to see real misery and homesickness on an unimaginable scale. Homesick? He soft little lad knows f&*% all about it!

I've said often that imo he is an average prem player nothing more and that since he came he has proved to be a square peg in a round hole cos none of our other midfielders seem able to fit in with his playing style, but if Rangers want him they can give us our money back and damned well have him, but only in the summer! And for what its worth if he is the best we can find as our captain and leader of men then it sickens me. And if he is the best that Scotland can find then no wonder they tremble at the thought of playing the likes of the Faroe Islands. What has happened to that nation? The archetypal jocks of my youth like Shankly, Mackay, Docherty, Bremner and so many many more would absolutely p1ss themselves at this miserable failure of a man.

Mark Hughes' words are very good but being that he was hewn from similar rock as the above 'real' men he must be inwardly disgusted at such a ponce. I bet he cant wait to shift him on come summer.

Edited by thenodrog

Despite the makeover given to Blackburn Rovers by Jack Walker’s millions, there can be no disguising the geographical dislocation of the northern Lancashire town. A former colleague once told me that neighbouring Burnley was “God’s own country” but anyone who has ever been there will know that that man upstairs must have been ready to clock off after six days hard of creating the world, when he suddenly remembered he had to finish off places like Burnley and Blackburn.

Lanarkshire has them too. However, it also has the shopping and sights of Glasgow just 20 minutes down the motorway.

What a ridiculous article by Phil Gordon. Of course Blackburn is a grimy town but to believe Premiership footballers live there is naive in the extreme. The training ground lies in one of the most beautiful areas of the country. The players at the club can ( and do) live in the same areas as the players at Manchester United and Liverpool. If the home sick Sweaty had been at United would the worldly Mr Gordon have wrote a similar article about the delights of Salford? Perhaps Mr Gordon should open his curtains and survey the wonders of the Glasgow conurbation.

in fairness to Rangers they are a much bigger club than Blackburn with a huge fervent support and a training complex second to none in the world.

the downside of course is the league they play in - just terrible.

Radio Scotland will be discussing the Barry situation from 2pm today.

you can access Radio Scotland on Sky Digital Channel 866.

in fairness to Rangers they are a much bigger club than Blackburn with a huge fervent support and a training complex second to none in the world.

the downside of course is the league they play in - just terrible.

Radio Scotland will be discussing the Barry situation from 2pm today.

you can access Radio Scotland on Sky Digital Channel 866.

Rovers have THE best training complex in the country, second only to Chelsea.

Thanks all the same.

Just let me get one thing straight; do we actually know that Barry is homesick for a fact? If not, I dont think we should be throwing our toys out the pram just yet. Sure he's said that he wants to return to Rangers, but he never said now afaik! When he's 32 maybe, to round off his career, I'm sure he'd love to "go home".

Rovers have THE best training complex in the country, second only to Chelsea.

I always thought that Chelsea's training facilities were poor - They have planning permission to build facilities.

Theyve just been completed I think.

Out near Heathrow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.