BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

That may be your overall opinion but it's not the one the overall one of this board. Can't pass or create chances. Get on to the ticket office and ask them to get you a seat facing the pitch.

These weren't Chris' observations - they were a summary of what other posters' views were. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif certainly the wrong end of the stick, just putting most peoples opinions together from last few pages, although quote "he's not a great passer" doesn't mean he can't pass anyway, there is a lot in between great and poor.

but laughatthedingles mirrors my thoughts on the subject

Edited by chris

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He then couldn't settle in because his house was late being built but since then he's been fine.

Not true.

Father fitted his house with carpets and BF wouldn't in until everything was complete.

House was more than built, actually think its Hakan Unsal's old house he lives in.

He's just soft.

lol isn't that the same thing? Not ready and not built easily confused! wink.gif

Now he has his house he has to live init for at least 5years or he will get loads of bad luck....like a move to rangers or something!

I like Barry, I think he's quality, but unfortunately if true, this shows a remarkable lack of professional ambition to me and we'd be better off with somebody who wanted to be here.

Well I don't like him , and not just because he's only a fair to middling premiership midfielder .

I don't like footballers who use their agents to do their dirty work for them and stir up unrest when it is within their power , if they have the guts , to put in a transfer request . Why blame the agent ? Who is working for who ?

Like most prem football players , BF wants it all ways - a transfer , a nice signing on fee , and the retention of whatever credibility the more soft hearted and naive fans amongst us are still willing to give him.

There is absolutely no difference between Savage and Ferguson . Both want away , both want more money , both use daft excuses and devious means to obtain their ends .

Well maybe there is one difference ; Savage wants to play for the Rovers .....but that could change at any time and we all know it .

Personally I don't want to see Ferguson play for us again . Let the board try and maximise what we get for him and then cut our losses on yet another bad buy . And pray that Hughes has more about him than Souness when it comes to judging the character of future Rovers players .

Barry is simply not replaceable for the sort of money we are seeing bandied about. He doesn't seem to be dead set on leaving so let's do our best to keep him. We need his class if we are ever to be a decent team again.

Who is going to want to sign for us if we are continually seen to sell our best players, whatever the reasons? (Dunn, Duff, Cole,Ferguson)

Ferguson is our best player as everyone except the most obstinate agrees.

He then couldn't settle in because his house was late being built but since then he's been fine.

Not true.

Father fitted his house with carpets and BF wouldn't in until everything was complete.

House was more than built, actually think its Hakan Unsal's old house he lives in.

He's just soft.

lol isn't that the same thing? Not ready and not built easily confused! wink.gif

Now he has his house he has to live init for at least 5years or he will get loads of bad luck....like a move to rangers or something!

Yes but he could easily haved moved in before he did, as it already had everything in it needed for living... Including Unsal's old carpet.

He made settling in harder than it needed to be.

Well I don't like him , and not just because he's only a fair to middling premiership midfielder .

I don't like footballers who use their agents to do their dirty work for them and stir up unrest when it is within their power , if they have the guts , to put in a transfer request . Why blame the agent ? Who is working for who ?

Like most prem football players , BF wants it all ways - a transfer , a nice signing on fee , and the retention of whatever credibility the more soft hearted and naive fans amongst us are still willing to give him.

There is absolutely no difference between Savage and Ferguson . Both want away , both want more money , both use daft excuses and devious means to obtain their ends .

Well maybe there is one difference ; Savage wants to play for the Rovers .....but that could change at any time and we all know it .

Personally I don't want to see Ferguson play for us again . Let the board try and maximise what we get for him and then cut our losses on yet another bad buy . And pray that Hughes has more about him than Souness when it comes to judging the character of future Rovers players .

Only problem with your theory that bazza told viola to tell rangers is that viola works for many different clients and is heavily involved up at rangers i believe. So if he asked barry would you ever consider going back to rangers and this was met with a yes which would hardly be surprising. He's then gone to rangers and said oh barry would consider it and they've taken that as he wants to move.

I think that if he wanted to move he would put in a transfer request as he did with rangers. "the only ibrox captain to ever request a transfer".

He is far better than the last couple of games have shown, this maybe due to the injury which came ot a head vs cardiff when he came off. Having seen how he can play both this and last season he is a fantastic asset and i don't see him looking unhappy on the pitch.

The difference between savage and bazza is that savage wants to leave brum and move to us. Bazza wouldn't say no to a move but would rather stay here.

I wonder if this will hit the newswires unlike Murray's original statement on the BBC this morning that he had only offered £500,000 cash and wasn't going to raise his bid for Ferguson?

RANGERS' FERGUSON VOW DELIGHTS ROVERS

By Ian Rodgers, PA Sport

Blackburn chief executive John Williams believes Rangers' refusal to increase their bid for Barry Ferguson is "fantastic news" for everyone at Ewood Park.

The Scotland international, who left Ibrox for the Barclays Premiership club in a £6.5million deal just over 16 months ago, is understood to be keen to move back to Scotland with his boyhood favourites at Ibrox.

The 26-year-old and his agent John Viola reportedly informed Rovers of that earlier in the week and, on Wednesday, Rangers made their bid in the knowledge that Blackburn still owe them £2.5million for the player.

Rovers rejected that offer, with Williams insisting the player was not for sale.

However, the Light Blues are adamant they will not be making another increased bid for their former captain. And the Rovers chief executive maintains that is "music to the ears" of all associated with the Lancashire club.

Williams told the Press Association: "I have seen the quote from David Murray saying they would not be raising the bid under any circumstances.

"That is fantastic news for us. I am delighted to hear that and that is the end of the matter.

"It is music to our ears that they are not going to raise the bid - it is what all Rovers fans wanted to hear.

"Barry is a genuine lad, who has always worked hard for us and will continue to do a good job for us.

"We have only had Barry for around 18 months and, sadly, he got injured in the line of duty.

"But I find him extremely professional as he was in his rehabilitation from the knee injury. I would be disappointed if he is unhappy but I have seen the mark of a real professional and I am sure he will continue to do a job for us."

But Rangers chairman Murray insists the player must negotiate his exit from Ewood Park - or risk missing out on a return to Ibrox completely.

Murray told BBC Scotland: "We are not prepared to spend any more. If the deal is not done a week before the window closes we will be signing another midfielder."

RANGERS' FERGUSON VOW DELIGHTS ROVERS

By Ian Rodgers, PA Sport

Blackburn chief executive John Williams believes Rangers' refusal to increase their bid for Barry Ferguson is "fantastic news" for everyone at Ewood Park.

The Scotland international, who left Ibrox for the Barclays Premiership club in a £6.5million deal just over 16 months ago, is understood to be keen to move back to Scotland with his boyhood favourites at Ibrox.

The 26-year-old and his agent John Viola reportedly informed Rovers of that earlier in the week and, on Wednesday, Rangers made their bid in the knowledge that Blackburn still owe them £2.5million for the player.

Rovers rejected that offer, with Williams insisting the player was not for sale.

However, the Light Blues are adamant they will not be making another increased bid for their former captain. And the Rovers chief executive maintains that is "music to the ears" of all associated with the Lancashire club.

Williams told the Press Association: "I have seen the quote from David Murray saying they would not be raising the bid under any circumstances.

"That is fantastic news for us. I am delighted to hear that and that is the end of the matter.

"It is music to our ears that they are not going to raise the bid - it is what all Rovers fans wanted to hear.

"Barry is a genuine lad, who has always worked hard for us and will continue to do a good job for us.

"We have only had Barry for around 18 months and, sadly, he got injured in the line of duty.

"But I find him extremely professional as he was in his rehabilitation from the knee injury. I would be disappointed if he is unhappy but I have seen the mark of a real professional and I am sure he will continue to do a job for us."

But Rangers chairman Murray insists the player must negotiate his exit from Ewood Park - or risk missing out on a return to Ibrox completely.

Murray told BBC Scotland: "We are not prepared to spend any more. If the deal is not done a week before the window closes we will be signing another midfielder."

Does not sound very good. I guess if Barry has decided he wants to go we are in a real position. Murray obviously holds great hopes of getting Ferguson very cheaply and the player could easily force our hand by placing a transfer request. Our hopes lie on one of three things occouring-

1. Barry decides he can cope with staying at Rovers and playing a very active part in the side till the end of the season at least.

2. Liverpool, Newcastle or any other top club start a bidding war driving Ferguson's price up to something acceptable.

3. Murray changes his mind and puts in an adequate bid.

Otherwise we are facing losing our biggest playing asset for very little.

ps. If Ferguson does want away, even if he stays we cannot have him as captain, can we? We do not have anybody to take over the armband... Flitcroft and Short are not regulars. Friedel or Dickov are probably the only real choices but neither inspires great confidence. Dickov lacks the presence and Friedel is a goalkeeper which makes it hard for him to inspire the whole team.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Conspiracy theory anyone, Souness good friends with Murray, always in contact with each other, Souness struggling to agree terms with Murray over Boumsong, just happens to comment that Fergy may not be as happy as he would have everyone believe at Ewood and in Souness' opinion would love a return to Ibrox.

Murray suddenly thinks, ah ha Boumsong keen on moving, money to buy Fergy, and he wants to come back, that'll appease any fans upset at Boumsong leaving!

Great media handling from JW there, IMO.

"In other words, Mr. Murray, if you don't raise your bid then **** off."

Good attempt to silence the media, it probably won't work though - since the Scottish media seems desperate to get Bazza home to Scotland - but it's a good signal to Barry and his agent aswell..

Three hours ago, I was just disappointed in Barry, I really don't see going back to Scotland - even if Rangers DO play a match or two in the Champions League - as anything else than a step back. The Barry/Savage partnership sounds really exciting (still sure the Savage deal will go through) and think it will finally show how good Barry Ferguson is.

Good example of Ferguson's class is the Scotland game against Norway earlier this year, he really dominated in midfield and kept possession great. He also delivered some great passes.. This was mainly because our (Norway) midfield totally lacked tenacity (right?) and I think Savage will help Barry break down the opposition in that department.

Edited by herbergeehh

If Ferguson wants to leave, for whatever reason and the transfer fee is right for us as a club then I think we should sell him.

If he wants to move then fine I'm not too bothered. I am a little dissapointed, providing this is all true because I thought that Barry would have been a bit more influential for us.

To be honest I don't think he has had the right midfield partner to play alongside him this season, allowing him to get forward where he's better for us in my opinion.

If he goes then I'll be dissapointed, but as a fan I want players who want to be at Blackburn Rovers.

Barry goes, Barry stays, Barry wipes his arse-who cares?

If you wanna go, then go on, feck off, we`ll get someone else in.

If you wanna stay, then say so, and while your at it start behaving like the Captain of one of Englands finest football clubs. Lead us, captain us, on and off the field and start earning some of the obscene amount of money that me and the rest of the members of this board have ploughed into the club over the last few years.

Jesus, theres no shortage of people who can contribute as much as you currently are in our midfield and probably for a lot less dough.

Personally I wouldn't be too sorry to see Buckfast Barry going but I think the timing is all wrong for us. We should try and keep hold of him until the summer as we have been doing OK with him in the team and don't want to rock the boat now.

I'm still undecided about how good he actually is. You can't really knock anything he does but I don't think he does enough to be a real class player. He doesn't dominate the midfield and he didn't do this in big games for Rangers or for Scotland either. I think we paid about double the going rate for a decent Premiership player and Rangers' £3M is probably a realistic price.

On Baz himself, what a ned! One minute he's on about getting out of the goldfish bowl and next it look like he wants to climb back in and swim with the goldfish again. He will be branded a failure for the rest of his career if he goes back to the Huns when he doesn't have to do that as he has actually done OK.

I think that Rangers and their joke of an offer can be forgotten about.

Unfortunately, Radio Merseyside are reporting Everton are about to put in a bid for Ferguson. What is for sure, Real Madrid have now made a formal bid for Gravesen.

This is a big blow given we seem to have just signed Savage.

Edited by philipl

On Baz himself, what a ned! One minute he's on about getting out of the goldfish bowl and next it look like he wants to climb back in and swim with the goldfish again. He will be branded a failure for the rest of his career if he goes back to the Huns when he doesn't have to do that as he has actually done OK.

Erm, yes...neds are well known for their tendency to.....leave the country and then come back again... huh.gif

Chip on your shoulder?

Now I'm confused, did they bid 3.5 mil or 3.5 mil plus the 2.5 mill still owed ?

BLACKBURN have told Rangers that skipper Barry Ferguson is not for sale until the summer.

Midfielder Ferguson, 26, was signed from Rangers for £7.5million in August 2003 but is keen to move back for family reasons.

And the Ibrox club, who have tabled a £6m bid, have set Rovers a January 24 deadline to sell.

Rangers chairman David Murray said: “If the deal is not done a week before the transfer window closes, we’ll be signing another midfielder.”

Rovers boss Mark Hughes is hoping to persuade Ferguson to stay and help Rovers avoid relegation before allowing him to return to Glasgow

Now I'm confused, did they bid 3.5 mil or 3.5 mil plus the 2.5 mill still owed ?

BLACKBURN have told Rangers that skipper Barry Ferguson is not for sale until the summer.

Midfielder Ferguson, 26, was signed from Rangers for £7.5million in August 2003 but is keen to move back for family reasons.

And the Ibrox club, who have tabled a £6m bid, have set Rovers a January 24 deadline to sell.

Rangers chairman David Murray said: “If the deal is not done a week before the transfer window closes, we’ll be signing another midfielder.”

Rovers boss Mark Hughes is hoping to persuade Ferguson to stay and help Rovers avoid relegation before allowing him to return to Glasgow

Not sure where you got that story from Brownie but it seems to be inconsistent with all the other stories.

First of all, we bought Fergie for £6.5m. Secondly, we supposedly still owe Rangers £2.5m of that. Thirdly, it was reported that Rangers first bid offered to wipe out that debt and give us an extra £500,000 - in effect a £3m bid.

No idea where they've got the £6m bid from.

Just thought I would break my self imposed exile, and use this subject to do it.

Ferguson? always thought we paid to much, top top SPL player, came to play at a higher level, but apparently wants to move back for the easy money. What sort of ambition is that? None if you ask me. A handful of truly competitive games a year.

McFadden signs for relatively low fee, has to fight to get in Evertons first team, has offers to go back but wants to stay to try to hack it in England, a real pro footballer, wants to be the best he can be.

Sorry Bazza if you don't want to better your self, play in one of the best , most competetive leagues in the world then what are you really about as a footballer? Not up to much in my opinion. didn't you just get done saying you were happy in England. TND's conspiracy theory holds some water in my opinion.

Now back off to la la land. Oh, and Fergie, don't let the door hit you in the arse you pussy.

all of you ferguson knockers.......i am sat here laughing myself silly. it sounds for all money that you lot want the guy to put in 100 tackles every ###### match, score a double hat-trick, save 3 penalties.....and do some singing aswell....."IF THE GUY HAS NOT LIVED UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS, THEN THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM", therefore it is only you lot kncoking his performance when he does not do the fore mentioned.....most rovers fans will be quite happy with him and see his importance and value to this football club.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.