SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no offence folks but Ferguson deserves to be playing with players capable of passing the ball back to him.

Blackburn just don't have the quality in the team to make Barry look good.

he is not the sort of player who will make things happen much by himself but play him as the playmaker in a decent team with pace, skill and width then he will look a world beater.

i watch Makalele at Chelsea and think how much better Ferguson would be in that role.

i hope he goes to Newcastle at the very least.

An outstanding player can look good in any team.

Andy Johnson with the bunch of half wits at Palace for example.

Just out of thick interest (being a bit numb headed here), when does the transfer window close?

At midnight on 31st January rosie.

However at the start of the window the FA didn't allow player registrations until 4th January (bank holidays etc) so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a slight extension into early February.

My two penneth: Ferguson is a fantastic footballer. His intelligence, passing and ability on the ball is a major part of our game. In his role as captain he has become increasingly important to our cause, at time he stands head and shoulders above the rest of our underperforming players. I would be totally against his sale, especially at a cut price.

If he were to return to the Gers it would only serve to stunt his career and, to a certain extent, his ability. With only two important fixtures left in the Ibrox calender, a move back up north away from the rigours of a proper league campaign, would be bizarre at best.

I have been extremely disappointed that there has not been a closing of ranks amongst Rovers supporters to urge Ferguson to stay.

Nobody is arguing about his class or that he is the heart of the current Blackburn Rovers team.

I refer you to my previous statement of the 12th, m'lud.

"Whichever way you look at it, losing Ferguson would one hell of a blow to Rovers' chances of staying in the Premership."

Edited by jim mk2

while some people are calling Fergy outstanding and others average, the overal opinion is:

He's not a hard tackler

he's not a goal scorer

he does not create many chances

he's not a great passer

he cant't take free kicks well

but

he is neat and tidy

he is a good leader

he can infleuence games

Edited by chris

Just out of thick interest (being a bit numb headed here), when does the transfer window close?
However at the start of the window the FA didn't allow player registrations until 4th January (bank holidays etc) so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a slight extension into early February.

The transfer window is controlled by FIFA/UEFA, not our FA...it's because they were still on Christmas holiday that they registrations didn't go through so it won't be extended.

I've said before all this happened that I think Ferguson was vastly over-rated.

That said, I still think he's one of our better players. But if he wants to go back to Rangers and play park football for the rest of his career then he's clearly not got the guts or ambition to succeed and we should get rid. £5m would be enough for me.

as others have posted - I fancy Hughes' ability to find players abroad for half the cost of british ones. I thought Mokoena looked quality the other day.

Now, IF Barry is to leave, and mark this, I say IF he leaves, then i lose all respect for the guy, which have grown bigger and bigger during his time at Ewood.

The guy is a class act, if you ask me.

Returning to Rangers, and a whole of 4 (four) exciting matches a year (not counting cups) will show the guy has no ambitions. Also, he is our captain, and as a captain it is his job to keep a good harmony amongst the players, and this can only be done by actually denying the rumours.

IF he is to leave, then he can just sod off to the amateur league scottish football is, does not deserve to wear the pride of the blue and white jersey of the Lancashire rose.

It's all about Art and Labour, Barry. You got the art, now do the labour needed for Rovers to shine once again. Captaining the Rovers is a career merit in itself, please don't do us another duffer or shearer....

Now, as I said, the above words are only valuable IF this is true. I do not believe, nor wish to believe that he's on his way.

As a Rovers Barry is a hero, no doubt. And that's what brings these emotional reactions. As a returning Ranger, he's nothing but a *** of ***.

Come on Barry, show us why you opted for us. Blackburn Rovers will rise again, and to do that we need a loyal hardworking captain as you have proven to be!

Stella, I read that article in the Herald too (before seeing your post). Wonder if the journo (Mr Spiers) reads this board? Sentiments are familiar and I agree for the most part. To be realistic, when he moved south, I doubt we were seen by Barry other than as a stepping stone on the path to better things with a 'bigger' club. Nice to see a paper from his homeland saying a return now would be an admission on Barry's part that he's not up to it.

This is sickening. He will end up back at Rangers or more likely Newcastle. How I hate those Geordie turds. If Ferguson is after a move then good riddance and 'break a kneecap'' you Scottish git. WKRS the lot of them>

Shut up, clown.

If he was on the next train back to Glasgow I'd be delighted- as long his original transfer amount plus a bit for inconvenience was in our bank account before we shut the door on him.

I'd trust Hughes to improve our team with any money he's given

If he goes i will be so gutted as he's the sort of person to build a team around. If we sell him it just shows how badly our club is percieved by others, we'll never be succesfull again and if we even show signs of going in the right direction our best player always leaves. if we sign Savage as a replacement he will drown in the midfield without the class of of Fergy! Please stay!!!!!

Ferguson has shown me nothing to make me think he is worth holding on to. I thought he would dominate our midfield because that is what we need, but he has been, overall, very poor since coming back from his injury. I am very upset about the money that has been wasted on him, but we'd be better off without him.

(btw, that doesn't mean I think Savage is a suitable alternative!)

he can infleuence games

on the occasions at Ewood when it goes quiet, like the game against charlton I always say that I can hear Garry Flitcroft shouting his head off, usually saying something like

"NISSE GET BACK!!!!"

I must admit so far this season when it goes quiet I have never heard Fergy shout, I'm sure he does but has anyone heard him?

on the occasions at Ewood when it goes quiet, like the game against charlton I always say that I can hear Garry Flitcroft shouting his head off, usually saying something like

"NISSE GET BACK!!!!"

I don't think that's Flitcroft you can hear. It's the bloke behind me. Whenever the ball goes out of play anywhere on the field, he shouts "I'LL GET THAT!!!" and then chuckles to himself.

Ferguson has shown me nothing to make me think he is worth holding on to. I thought he would dominate our midfield because that is what we need, but he has been, overall, very poor since coming back from his injury. I am very upset about the money that has been wasted on him, but we'd be better off without him.

That is a very harsh resume on Ferguson's time here. I agree, he hasn't been the 7.5 million midfielder people might have been expecting but he hasn't been a total flop. In fact, he's improved with games and is now a crucial player for us.

"NISSE GET BACK!!!!"

I don't think that's Flitcroft you can hear. It's the bloke behind me. Whenever the ball goes out of play anywhere on the field, he shouts "I'LL GET THAT!!!" and then chuckles to himself.

I know this is a serious thread, but that's the second time I've snorted with laughter and caused colleagues to look round to see what I'm doing. You must really enjoy sitting in front of him! laugh.gif

I remember a few Rangers supporters being laughed at on this board after suggesting that Barry had chosen the wrong option regarding Blackburn if he wanted to improve himself as a player. They'll be saying they've been were proved right should he return to his former club - or go to Newcastle.

Some members on this topic have the opinion that Barry seems to be overrated but how much of that is down to the role he has to play at Ewood ? At Rangers, Barry was surrounded by decent midfielders like Albertz, Van Bronckhorst, Tugay , Reyna - players who knew their jobs and allowed Fergie to be more effective in an attacking sense. In that respect, Fergie didn't have to backtrack as often since the Scottish game is more about teams defending at Ibrox and we were never on the backfoot the way Rovers appear to be. That's not a dig at your team - just a fact about the quality players that Rovers face week in, week out. Maybe tracking back is foreign to Ferguson.

I just wonder if Blackburn had Savage in midfield alongside Fergie, how more effective Barry would be in an attacking sense. He's no superman but I do think ferguson would benefit from another hard working midfielder sharing the workload.

Ferguson has shown me nothing to make me think he is worth holding on to.  I thought he would dominate our midfield because that is what we need, but he has been, overall, very poor since coming back from his injury.  I am very upset about the money that has been wasted on him, but we'd be better off without him.

That is a very harsh resume on Ferguson's time here. I agree, he hasn't been the 7.5 million midfielder people might have been expecting but he hasn't been a total flop. In fact, he's improved with games and is now a crucial player for us.

How many times have you sat and watched him for a full match?

I actually quite liked him until someone pointed out a few things to me.

1. He does like to try and take control of situations - fair enough. However, if you watch when we get a free kick (and this happened virtually everytime against Charlton) he will strut over and grab the ball. He orders people where to move to, then passes the ball staright to the opposition.

2. I guess the main problem with point 1 - he can't pass!

3. I don't particuarly like his attitude to some players in the team. I might be reading this wrong, but he seems to have some Souness tendancies.

All a pretty wooley argument I guess, but with every match I have seen him play this season I have disliked him more.

If he could tackle and pass I wouldn't have a problem with him - until that happens he can go as far as i am concerned.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.