BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

The orchestrated talk campaign by the gobby gers continues this morning. Another "failed in England"- Alex Rae today.

They obviously think they need to keep working on Barry.

A little speculation for you. We all know Souness and Murray are close. I wonder if Souness did a deal not to go for Barry in this window as part of the prising away of Boumsong?

It is quite probable Souness told Murray a sob story of how cash was tight at Rovers and he couldn't have the transfer funds he needed.

I have been trying to work out how on earth Murray thought he could conceivably succeed with a £440K cash offer and the only possible explanation would be inside information causing him to believe the Rovers would struggle to pay the £2.56m balance this week.

In a nightmare scenario, he could be right ohmy.gif

Alternatively, probably the Rovers board cut Souness' spending powers having lost faith in him and as a result, started to budget spending between £2m and £3m to get rid of him. Instead that money was saved and Fat Freddie gave us some £0.5m for the pleasure of parting!

Edited by philipl

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The silence from Ferguson himself is deafening and telling. If he wants to leave he might at least have courtesy to say so (unless he's money-grabbing for the "loyalty bonus") and if not he should put this sordid saga to an end now.

To a certain extent I agree with what Allan is saying here. Ferguson should have the courage to actually come out and say something himself, instead of hiding behind others. I'd have much more respect for him then. If he wants to go, let him go - there is absolutely no point in keeping a player who isn't committed or is "homesick". If he wants to stay then great, but I very much doubt that is the case given what's been said recently.

I have to wonder if the stories about homesickness when he first signed were true too and perhaps Souness gave him the captancy as a "sweetner" to stick around???

As for Bojan Djordjic, well, that's a stupid comment to make - most sensible people chose to play for a club based on the club, not the location! Besides, no-one has to live in Blackburn itself - there are plenty of lovely areas in the surrounding area to live in.

Besides, no-one has to live in Blackburn itself - there are plenty of lovely areas in the surrounding area to live in.

Exactly! Darwen, Accrington or Oswaldtwistle for starters. ohmy.gif

aye he'd be more than welcome to come Ossy. Just as long as he can handle a lock-in at Cross

Have you seen Blackburn? It’s not New York. I could never understood why Ferguson went from Ibrox to Ewood Park. I hope he comes back - we can win the championship with someone like that.”

Well neither is dirty cold glasgow either. At least we dont care whether people are catholic or prodestant.

Get off your high horse, boy.

Im sorry for defending my town, to some idiot of a swede who barely even has a football career. Muppet.

Have you seen Blackburn? It’s not New York. I could never understood why Ferguson went from Ibrox to Ewood Park. I hope he comes back - we can win the championship with someone like that.”

Well neither is dirty cold glasgow either. At least we dont care whether people are catholic or prodestant.

Im sorry for defending my town, to some idiot of a swede who barely even has a football career. Muppet.

I think Radagast was, quite rightly, taking exception to your comment regarding the religious divide in Glaswegian football, a situation you clearly have no knowledge of.

if barry goes back to rnagers then that shows he has a lack of ambition. it also means that he isn't up for a challenge in the premiership so if he wants to go then i wont be that bothered. i would rather see players playing for rovers than for money, (Please don't use that word again) off barry.

And in the process talking @#/? about something you clearly know nothing about (as T4E pointed out). Take your moronic generalisations somewhere else.

Heres an interesting question that Radagast or RangerRovers views might shed some light on:

Would Barry be playing in a better squad with the Gers or Blackburn?

Personally as a Rovers supporter in Scotland I would say it is a reasonably tight balance but Blackburn edge it in terms of squad depth. Plus Rangers face the problem of their debt making it harder to improve than Rovers.

Heres an interesting question that Radagast or RangerRovers views might shed some light on:

Would Barry be playing in a better squad with the Gers or Blackburn?

Personally as a Rovers supporter in Scotland I would say it is a reasonably tight balance but Blackburn edge it in terms of squad depth. Plus Rangers face the problem of their debt making it harder to improve than Rovers.

We have a more reliable defence, but Rangers have a better strikeforce. Ferguson's presence in either team's midfield would swing that department in their favour.

Edited by Radagast

I think all round Rovers have the better squad. Klos is an excellent keeper but you would take Friedel over him. Agreed on the defence, Rovers is certainly better, which is something most Rangers fans would probably admit. Rangers have some talented midfielders on their day, but the likes of Lovenpants are way too inconsistent. The only Rangers midfielder I could see getting into the Rovers midfield would be Ricksen (him plus £5m for Ferguson would be a good deal for us in my eyes).

Prso and Novo would almost definitely get into the Rovers team. I dont think it'll be long before Nacho Novo is plying his trade in the Premiership.

I'd have to go with Rovers, but as has been said it's tight.

At the beginning of the season I'd have said Rangers were better, but with the new lease of life Hughes has given to Rovers, I'd say they were better.

Course Celtic are better than both, but that's a whole other story wink.gif

Edited by Jan

At the beginning of the season I'd have said Rangers were better, but with the new lease of life Hughes has given to Rovers, I'd say they were better.

How are you feeling about Celtics problems at the moment? Poor strikers apart from Sutton and a number of key players perhaps looking to move down South (Balde, Petrov). O'Niell worked wonders with what was available but McLeish seems to of seized the initiative in the transfer market. Prso, Boumsong, Ferguson (should they get him) all seem to be massively more enterprising signings than O'Niell has achived in recent times (Juninho, Camara)

It must be frustrating when you are competing for players with the likes of Portsmouth, Southampton, West Brom. Oh, Celtic would kill for a player like Ferguson- you cannot deny that. Although you will.

Hmn

Anothier person who doesn't know his facts

Petrov doesn't have any wish to leave and has 2 1/2 years on his contract.

The signs are that Bobo will re-sign as well.

Hartson (despite the expenditure by Rangers) is leading scorer in Scotland at the moment- and I believe Camara and Sutton are also in the top 10 now). And for all the much-vaunted wonderful signings by Rangers, Celtic are still top of the league at the moment.

Would Celtic want Ferguson? The man, no. They could do with another talented central midfielder, but so could most teams but they have more wide players than you could shake a stick at (Aiden McGeady - who you won't have heard of but will be fighting Duff for a place in the Irish team soon; Ross Wallace- not in the same league but still a tidy player, Thommo who is fantastic, Even Stephen Pearson isn't too bad). Also in the striking department, Maloney and Beattie are coming back to fitness which will be interesting.

Celtic are not spending vast amounts on players, that's true. They don't want to have huge debt problems hanging over their heads. It's called being realistic. They don't NEED to spend big to win the league they're in, and they can't spend big enough to win the Champion's league.

How are you feeling about Celtics problems at the moment? Poor strikers apart from Sutton and a number of key players perhaps looking to move down South (Balde, Petrov). O'Niell worked wonders with what was available but McLeish seems to of seized the initiative in the transfer market. Prso, Boumsong, Ferguson (should they get him) all seem to be massively more enterprising signings than O'Niell has achived in recent times (Juninho, Camara)

It must be frustrating when you are competing for players with the likes of Portsmouth, Southampton, West Brom. Oh, Celtic would kill for a player like Ferguson- you cannot deny that. Although you will.

Have to say thats a pretty unbalanced view re: Septic, although I did enjoy reading it.

Some of Eck's transfer dealings have been nightmarish - Emerson is one that sticks out, considering how much he fought for him. O'Neill has done well signing players that seemingly had dimishing careers and turning them into decent performers, Stan Varga being the obvious example in this sense. Don't forget Sutton was probably at the lowest point of his career when he signed for that lot.

O'Neill's performance as a manager in Scotland has been infinitely more impressive than Eck's since he went to Rangers. Unfortunately.

O'Neill has also had a fair share of nightmare signings that the Scottish press seemingly choose to ignore - Juninho and his massive wages stand out, as does paying £1.5m to take Camara on loan, but there's also the two keepers, Douglas and Hedman, David Fernandez and Momo Sylla.

(Look, the way I see it, you can't be a Rovers fan without having blue tinted glasses tongue.gif )

Hmn

Anothier person who doesn't know his facts

Petrov doesn't have any wish to leave and has 2 1/2 years on his contract.

The signs are that Bobo will re-sign as well.

Hartson (despite the expenditure by Rangers) is leading scorer in Scotland at the moment- and I believe Camara and Sutton are also in the top 10 now). And for all the much-vaunted wonderful signings by Rangers, Celtic are still top of the league at the moment.

Would Celtic want Ferguson? The man, no. They could do with another talented central midfielder, but so could most teams but they have more wide players than you could shake a stick at (Aiden McGeady - who you won't have heard of but will be fighting Duff for a place in the Irish team soon; Ross Wallace- not in the same league but still a tidy player, Thommo who is fantastic, Even Stephen Pearson isn't too bad). Also in the striking department, Maloney and Beattie are coming back to fitness which will be interesting.

Celtic are not spending vast amounts on players, that's true. They don't want to have huge debt problems hanging over their heads. It's called being realistic. They don't NEED to spend big to win the league they're in, and they can't spend big enough to win the Champion's league.

Just pulling your leg, I am not particularly sympathetic to either of the old firm (nominally a Hearts fan due to my cousins) but I guess what I was getting at is there is a flavour of slight decline at Celtic and slight improvement at Rangers. Anyroads both clubs have huge problems in attracting decent players as they have niether cash nor the pulling power to do it.

Interesting about McGeady, thats a huge claim to make. At present Duff is one of, if not the finest, left winger in the world. To displace arguably Ireland's most talented player ever (well him or Roy Keane) would require a fair bit I would imagine. And see him go to Chelsea no doubt.

And in the process talking @#/? about something you clearly know nothing about (as T4E pointed out). Take your moronic generalisations somewhere else.

And why dont you take yourself off somewhere else, if you care so bloody much about those 2 bigot filled clubs. Your right in fact, there is no relegious problems in Glasgow, everbody loves each other and at rangers celtic games there are no such songs as 'soon there will be no prodestants at all' or 'up to pur knees in fenian blood', i take it all back i was making it up.

Aiden McGeady - who you won't have heard of but will be fighting Duff for a place in the Irish team soon;

I doubt that very much but if he's so good maybe Hughes should be having a look at him. rover.gif

Why would we need the next Duff, when we already have a perfectly good player on the left in... no, I wont turn this thread into another one of 'those' threads by mentioning 'his' name...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.