BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

Many, especially poorly-educated, Scots just cannot be taken away from their support network without falling apart. I've seen it too many times, and I'm afraid Barry never had enough about himself that I thought it would be untrue of him.

What an ignorant, ill-thought comment.

Being Scottish myself and having lived and worked - and met numerous other Scots - in countries such as Japan, Australia, and your own wee town London, Jan, I can't help but take offense at your broad generalisation of the Scottish, especially the "poorly-educated."

Speaking of poorly-educated footballers being taken away from their support network and falling apart, did anyone see Beckham on telly "speaking" Spanish the other day?

No wonder Barry wants to leave: he probably came here with the promise that Blackburn would be challenging in the top half of the table and going on to bigger and greater things. I'm sure he didn't want to leave as captain of Rangers to be fighting against relegation in the Premiership.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wonder Barry wants to leave: he probably came here with the promise that Blackburn would be challenging in the top half of the table and going on to bigger and greater things. I'm sure he didn't want to leave as captain of Rangers to be fighting against relegation in the Premiership.

Stop it , please - I'm beginning to feel sorry for the poor bloke ... rolleyes.gif

Unlike, Philipl, I believe Ferguson has decided he'd like to move and mentioned the fact to his agent - letting Viola take the most of the flak.

Cast your minds back to when Barry signed an extension to contract at Rangers. Would a player who was seemingly desperate to get away from sectarian hatred, sign a five year deal ? Of course not. However, it would provide a decent enough excuse to try and save face from the criticism he was sure to receive from Rangers supporters should he take Amoruso's advice and join the wonderful world of the Premiership.

Having succeeded with one made up excuse - why not try it again ? Is it a co-incidence that Stevie Crawford has been allowed to pull out of a contract recently at Plymouth and return to Scotland because he's homesick ? Has Barry reached the conclusion that a similar story could earn him a move ? According to the report on Radio Scotland today, Barry's missus has settled in well, one of his kids plays for a local team down there and enjoys it - yet the reporter from the Sunday Mail (?) believes Barry is the instigator. Only time will tell.

One difference between playing up here and at Blackburn, I'll bet Barry was enjoying his football more. Mickey Mouse league or not, domestic medals, regular European competition might mean something to some players who are not totally commited or fully ambitious. Is it too unrealistic to think that Ferguson could be one of those players who thinks he's above the regular relelgation dogfight that Blackburn are involved in and not what he expected when he signed for Rovers ?

I don't know many players who stay at a club once they indicate they want away - Savage possibly the latest example. If that's the case, then isn't it time Barry made an official statement ? We've heard Williams saying he's not for sale, Murray adamant he won't pay more, McLeish hopeful that Fergie will return. It's all verbal sparring - but Barry Ferguson could deliver the knockout blow at any time by putting the record straight.

What of it, Barry - tell the fans the truth.

Edited by RangerRover

[

Erm, yes...neds are well known for their tendency to.....leave the country and then come back again... huh.gif

I was taling more about his inability to wear anything but sportswear.

Which of course is completely relevant to the rest of what you said.

And of course Jan is Scottish, she just happens to think that she's better than most people, that's all. tongue.gif

Edited by Radagast

On Baz himself, what a ned! One minute he's on about getting out of the goldfish bowl and next it look like he wants to climb back in and swim with the goldfish again. He will be branded a failure for the rest of his career if he goes back to the Huns when he doesn't have to do that as he has actually done OK.

Explain the relevance of calling Ferguson a Ned to the rest of the stuff you wrote.

It seems the Observer read this thread and kindly provided the answer. You're all correct about Scots! There are many different types- from the homesick wee bairns to the buccaneers who populate every Irish bar around the World!

The Fergie story has gone quiet today from what I can see. Here's hoping that John Williams quote "that's the end of it", is prophetic.

PS Somebody send this match report from a Rangers Fans site to Barry Ferguson.

Edited by philipl

Am I the only one rather put out by the comments from Rangers??

Rovers were being accused of being bang out of order by a bunch of hypocrits from birmingham when publicly we did nothing wrong.

Then Rangers decide that its ok to publicly state that another clubs player would love to go to them etc.... BANG OUT OF ORDER!!

RangerRover - I agree with most of what you've wrote. We'll never know for sure until either the move goes through or Ferguson does actually say what he wants.

The worrying part of you're post though is that Ferguson might actually think he's above a relegation battle. More likely he realises that in England that is about his level. It's noticable that no other Premier League clubs seem to be even sniffing around him after viewing his performances over the last 18 months.

He's a good player but not great and we paid well over the odds for him. Is he any better than a fit David Thompson??

RangerRover - I agree with most of what you've wrote. We'll never know for sure until either the move goes through or Ferguson does actually say what he wants.

The worrying part of you're post though is that Ferguson might actually think he's above a relegation battle. More likely he realises that in England that is about his level. It's noticable that no other Premier League clubs seem to be even sniffing around him after viewing his performances over the last 18 months.

He's a good player but not great and we paid well over the odds for him. Is he any better than a fit David Thompson??

Another Ferguson discussion by the Radio Clyde team prior to the Aberdeen-Celtic game. Davie Provan (Sky Sports regular) remarked that Ferguson's treatment of Blackburn has been disgraceful and he owes it to the club and supporters to let them know where he stands. As I said, his agent may be taking the flak but some up here believe Barry is desperate to throw in the Premiership towel - and that includes his old chum Derek Johnstone who said he knows Ferguson wants to return home.

They're knocking Blackburn the town again.

Bojan Djordjic, Rangers’ new Swedish recruit from Manchester United, speaking after the 3-0 victory over Dunfermline Athletic yesterday and backing Ferguson to return to Ibrox:

Have you seen Blackburn? It’s not New York. I could never understood why Ferguson went from Ibrox to Ewood Park. I hope he comes back - we can win the championship with someone like that.”

Have you seen Blackburn? It’s not New York. I could never understood why Ferguson went from Ibrox to Ewood Park. I hope he comes back - we can win the championship with someone like that.”

Well neither is dirty cold glasgow either. At least we dont care whether people are catholic or prodestant.

Well neither is dirty cold glasgow either. At least we dont care whether people are catholic or prodestant.

Get off your high horse, boy.

The silence from Ferguson himself is deafening and telling. If he wants to leave he might at least have courtesy to say so (unless he's money-grabbing for the "loyalty bonus") and if not he should put this sordid saga to an end now.

to be fair do we need ferguson when we have thompson gradually coming back to form?.

If Thommo is definitely over his injury troubles then the answer to me is obvious...we don't. Emerton has shown that he is capable of being the winger we were all told he was going to be, Pedersen is looking like he will come good and Reid provides cover for both wings...leaving Thommo to put his talents to use in the centre of midfield.

As a partner for Ferguson there were question marks over him (even though he played excellent in his appearance against Birmingham), however as partner for Savage I think there would be very few...we could let him go forward and use his excellent shooting and ability to pick a pass...he's got great energy too and doesn't mind getting stuck in. In fact, the more I think about it, I would pick a fully a fit Thompson over Ferguson anyway if it weren't for the fact he was our captain.

Take the money for Ferguson and buy a quality striker and let Thompson loose in the centre...we'd be stronger for it...but again, only if we can have Thommo at 100% all the time and not for a few games a season. The thought of a £5 million striker and a midfield which wouldn't be much weaker, if any weaker at all, is quite exciting. Maybe we could tempt Palace with an offer for Johnson? Benni McCarthy maybe? ph34r.gif

Edited by LeChuck

Bojan Djordjic, Rangers’ new Swedish recruit from Manchester United, speaking after the 3-0 victory over Dunfermline Athletic yesterday and backing Ferguson to return to Ibrox:

Words of great wisdom from a player who failed at Old Trafford, presumably doesn't know Ferguson and is now establishing himself as a key member of the team that played Dunfermline on Saturday.

Listen up Barry a world of experience there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.