BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley Tickets

brightonrover

Unfortunately though it looks like Rovers have reacted to the demand rather than been proactive, and if that prevents even a single fan attending the game that otherwise would have then it's one fan too many.

The fact that Rovers had released ticketing details for the fixture before the 78 coaches were back at Ewood Park from the initial tie proves that the club was proactive.

It's not rocket science to assume that having got that far they managed to calculate the numbers involved and how best to deal with the inevitable demand.

The early technical problem clearly didn't help, however they've since reacted with extra hours ... and with demand slowing significantly today, and with three selling days left, it seems they got the whole thing about right.

Unless of course the whole episode is just another opportunity to slate the club, John Williams, the man with the walkie talkie helping people avoid parking tickets, Lee Grooby and the cat up at Brockhall.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless of course the whole episode is just another opportunity to slate the club, John Williams, the man with the walkie talkie helping people avoid parking tickets, Lee Grooby and the cat up at Brockhall.

I see the rational debate couldn't continue and you've descended to your usual level.

If the club had been proactive there wouldn't have been the same amount of problems there were on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. Fair play to the club for extending their hours, but they should have done that from the off.

Unfortunately though it looks like Rovers have reacted to the demand rather than been proactive, and if that prevents even a single fan attending the game that otherwise would have then it's one fan too many.

This is getting a little daft...every company reacts to demand regardless of how "'proactive" they have been. If they did not need to do so there would be a hell of lot more unemployed due to their jobs no longer being needed.

Rovers need to update their system their ticket-selling system, no doubt about it, especially as you have to give three pages-worth of personal information just to find out the reserve team score and yet cannot book a ticket. Fair point and correct. The easier for any home fan to book the better.

Yet...what do we expect? No queues at all for the most anticpated home game for years??? There has been some dodgy analogies on here but Tesco takes the biscuit somewhat. Can we suddenly compare an annual (if that) ticket rush at Ewood Park to Fred and Edith's friday night stock-up? Let's not get too critical here...rather let us see who has not got tickets? Those who queued have, those who posted have. Those who have phoned have complained yet have not got them yet and there are thousands left. Not exactly board members selling cup final tickets in a 1960 pub now is it...

Rovers can improve the way they sell tickets. It's a bit harsh though to wade in on them not serving all-hours regardless of their job (and if my boss ordered me to do something I had no need to do I would refuse to- would you mop the company toilets or whatever just because of a "rush"?), there are plenty of other jobs that need doing. If someone asked you to sweep up outside the buillding to "help the company" would you? Maybe a forced analogy but all the of them are on here.

In other words...I see both sides of the argument. To be honest those just blaming the club for everything and those blaming the fans for everything are just as bad. This aint no normal business...it's club and communitty...working together.

Some are making valid criticisms which need to be listened to and worked on. Some are just moaning because Lancashire folk are never happy unless they are miserable. There's a difference.

I'd be disappointed if Rovers didn't review their ticket policy after this though. It may be a one-off but it can be learned from.

I'd be disappointed if Rovers didn't review their ticket policy after this though. It may be a one-off but it can be learned from.

Couldn't agree more.

And I think the ticket office normally do a great job. I just think they got it wrong this time.

the man with the walkie talkie helping people avoid parking tickets,

This bloke , who I spoke to very briefly , told me to to move my car simply because it was parked outside a resident's house (apparently they'd been complaining) . It wasn't on a double yellow . Like I said the conversation was brief .....

Two minutes later , I had second thoughts and relented ; the fact that the queue was a mile long and I had the world's worst bout of flu had nothing to do with it .... unsure.gif

Tickets ordered Tuesday afternoon.. still not arrived yet ... come on postie !  blink.gif

It is snowing.....give us a break!!!

Why? are you a postie too?

Probably regret this but......Yes

Yer doin' a grand job mate thumbs-up.gif

Can I take that back please???? It's Friday evening now, and I still aint received my ticket mad.gif our bloody postie must be buried in a snow-drift somewhere sad.gif

Same here mate. Did you order your tickets on Tuesday as well?

I'm straight on the blower in the morning. Panic is starting to set in.

Tris, you'd better hope I get my tickets or you aint going nowhere tongue.gif

This is the best thread EVER.

Passion, Venom,Rational argument,Customer care theory and Practice.

And still I'm up for it ....but just a second where's my 7s 6d Postal Order from April 1960?

Blame Derek Dougan!!!!

Everyone will probably get a ticket, but that is entirely besides the point. The days when clubs could count on the sheep just turning up on cue to fill the spaces irrespective of the services provided are long gone. Why not bring back the open air pisser in the Blackburn End then? Keep irritating your customers, especially the infrequent ones, but then don't expect them to slavishly turn up by constantly crying wolf over financial meltdown if the crowd goes down 10%.

Waggy's highly amusing phone timeline is a case in point. Here's a customer who has been coming for 20+ years, now brings his lad, and in airline parlance would be a Super-Elite member. I would guess that he hands over $1,000 of his hard earned dosh each year, giving him a lifetime value of, say $50,000. And he's ticked off. Will he turn up for the Arsenal game - yes, but will he keep turning up on wet Tuesday nights for Portsmouth etc. well maybe and maybe not. But no-one seems to care that a Super-Elite member has been disappointed. Maybe because his lifetime contribtion of $50,000 gets handed over to the likes of Matteo every two weeks.

This would be a non-issue if Williams didn't constantly bleat on about wanting to fill the ground every week.

And if comparisons with other businesses are irrelevent, then comparing Williams' salary to jobs in industry is equally so. Why do we need a $400,000 CEO when the manager is the key employee anyway, 75% of revenue turns up automatically and the other 25% comes irrespective of the level of service for the punters?

And if comparisons with other businesses are irrelevent, then comparing Williams' salary to jobs in industry is equally so. Why do we need a $400,000 CEO when the manager is the key employee anyway, 75% of revenue turns up automatically and the other 25% comes irrespective of the level of service for the punters?

And who pray-tell had the nouse to employ the manager? Those that critisise the club fail to understand the dynamics of the situation. No matter how many staff had been employed to man the phone lines on Tuesday morning the system would have been clogged up. Try and locate a season ticket holder that didn't ring-up on the first day of sales. To delight their customers with immediate service the club would have had to employ several thousand staff ffs. mad.gif In a strange sort of way the percieved difficulty of obtaining tickets may work in the club's favour. For once Rovers hold the hottest ticket in town.... and this alone may entice the more apathetic fan.

Those that critisise the club fail to understand the dynamics of the situation. No matter how many staff had been employed to man the phone lines on Tuesday morning the system would have been clogged up.

Because Rovers didn't anticipate the demand for tickets.

I know it's hard for some people to accept, but occasionally the club get things wrong. It's not the end of the world, but I think it's useful to point out when it happens.

Those that critisise the club fail to understand the dynamics of the situation. No matter how many staff had been employed to man the phone lines on Tuesday morning the system would have been clogged up.

Because Rovers didn't anticipate the demand for tickets.

I know it's hard for some people to accept, but occasionally the club get things wrong. It's not the end of the world, but I think it's useful to point out when it happens.

Scotty, I don't know how strong your maths is but here is a simple explanation of why there will always be problems for these sort of situations:- There are 12000+ season ticket holders. No doubt every one of them that wanted to attend next Tuesday's match will have tried to contact the club on that first day...(are you with me so far?..thousands of people ringing up the club....). How many staff do you think the club would have to employ to satisfy this immediate demand? The club have stated (via Lee) on numerous occasions that there are plenty of tickets in all areas left.

Scotty, I don't know how strong your maths is but here is a simple explanation of why there will always be problems for these sort of situations:- There are 12000+ season ticket holders. No doubt every one of them that wanted to attend next Tuesday's match will have tried to contact the club on that first day...(are you with me so far?..thousands of people ringing up the club....). How many staff do you think the club would have to employ to satisfy this immediate demand? The club have stated (via Lee) on numerous occasions that there are plenty of tickets in all areas left.

Don't talk to me like I'm some sort of numpty. My maths is fine thanks and just because I disagree with your opinion doesn't make me instantly thick.

I'm not saying that the club could have met the total demand on Tuesday, I'm saying they could have done more than they did. And the same for Wednesday and the same for Thursday.

Now, either argue in an intelligent way or feck off to the official message board with the other numptys.

Why do we need a $400,000 CEO when the manager is the key employee anyway, 75% of revenue turns up automatically and the other 25% comes irrespective of the level of service for the punters?

Yes the manager is a key employee, but are you saying that the CEO isn't?

I would suggest that in terms of VFM, we get that from JW as much as any other employee of the club.

The total over reaction to this ticket issue absloutely amazes me.

Edited by mjs

I've just discovered one season ticket holder who won't be there on Tuesday - my dad.

He went down on Wednesday and, strangely enough for a 75 year old with an arthritic hip, didn't fancy standing in line for three hours, even on a nice cosy concourse.

No queues today we hear, but how was he to know that? Is he expected to make the trip down twice a day every day just in case? The phone wasn't for him as he would never wait 90 mins on a phone call for anything, plus has never given his cc details over the phone and never will.

Could have mailed it in, but no use telling him that now.

However, he had an interesting slant that I hadn't considered: while all the vigorous types on this board are mega-excitied about the prospect of baying at the inbreds for 90 mins; for him the thought of possibly having to interface with 7,000 primitives on the walk to the ground ( he still has painful memories of the City promotion fiasco and the Celtic game), to see the repeat of what was possibly the worst televised game ever, was not leaving him breathless with excitement. I wonder how many others of our more civilised, older supporters feel the same?

Still, no worries, I'm sure someone will snaffle his seat for Tuesday and he'll continue turning up, good as gold.

Don't talk to me like I'm some sort of numpty. My maths is fine thanks and just because I disagree with your opinion doesn't make me instantly thick.

I'm not saying that the club could have met the total demand on Tuesday, I'm saying they could have done more than they did. And the same for Wednesday and the same for Thursday.

Now, either argue in an intelligent way or feck off to the official message board with the other numptys.

Ouch....must have touched a raw nerve there Scotty... Anyway if you are such a mathematical hot-shot perhaps you could explain to us how you would have managed a situation in which you had a limited number of input ports (say for arguments sake ten) and a twitchy customer base in excess of ten thousand? And for an encore perhaps you could feed the five thousand peolple on that hill over there with these couple of fishes and a loaf of bread!

Ouch....must have touched a raw nerve there Scotty... Anyway if you are such a mathematical hot-shot perhaps you could explain to us how you would have managed a situation in which you had a limited number of input ports (say for arguments sake ten) and a twitchy customer base in excess of ten thousand? And for an encore perhaps you could feed the five thousand peolple on that hill over there with these couple of fishes and a loaf of bread!

Dead easy ES. A few more staff plus a few extra hours.

Dead easy - no fishes allowed.

I was in the queue at 43 and it took just over 40 mins, so around 1 minute per customer.

so that 60 an hour, office open for 8 1/2 hours so thats 510 a day, 3 days season tickets have to claim their seats so, being generous, 1500-2000 season ticket holder could claim theire seats IF they were the only ones who could call on the first three days.

Guess you will be lucky if half that number are actually season ticket holder. When you look at the figure like that I think the phones are understaffed.

Edit. Forgot multiple buys, say 2-2.5 tickets each. 2-3k Season ticket seats sold by phone max.

You forgot multiple sellers too......about 4 if my memory serves me wink.gif

Regarding the automatic home cup ticket scheme............if people think as a ST holder I am going to sign up to that carbunkle then they are very much mistaken. Am i going to allow £20 to be debited from my account for a 2nd round coca cola cup borefest against Scunthorpe when i can put that money towards a possible semi-final ticket? wink.gif

However I did ring on wednesday with no problem whatsoever. Joined the queue at 54 (like for the away leg), put the phone down and went about my business whilst checking my queue status every 5-7 minutes............even managed to wangle 2 extra seats next to me behind the bburn end goal that used to be ST holders seats untill very recently.

This is the first time I have ever used the phone system since moving to Didsbury, but then again my time out of Lancashire has imporved my patience and lightened my outlook on life.

A rovers fans would not be a rovers fan without the need to complain........so thank the lord for Brett Emerton and the ticket office biggrin.gif

Just try to get a ticket for a top gig. Got tickets for the Prodigy in Manchester recently. Went on sale at 9am saturday. First date sold out by 9-10. Second date sold out by 9-20. Getting tickets for ewood is a breeze in comparison (and no ticketmaster rip of fees to boot).

If you can't get your own seat then just get any bloody seat , thank the lord you can witness the event and channel your anger into support for the team on the night..............and god help us if we reach the final with only 15,000 tickets available rover.gif

Edited by Blue and White Army

Heavens to Betsy, some strong opinions here.

Of course it'll all be pointless if/when everyone who has requested a ticket gets one.

Maybe complain on Wednesday morning if you have asked for a ticket and haven't got one.

Until then perhaps everyone should hush their mouths and maybe consider that phoning up with 10,000 other people is perhaps not the best way to apply.

Just a thought

I've just discovered one season ticket holder who won't be there on Tuesday - my dad.

He went down on Wednesday and, strangely enough for a 75 year old with an arthritic hip, didn't fancy standing in line for three hours, even on a nice cosy concourse.

No queues today we hear, but how was he to know that? Is he expected to make the trip down twice a day every day just in case? The phone wasn't for him as he would never wait 90 mins on a phone call for anything, plus has never given his cc details over the phone and never will.

Could have mailed it in, but no use telling him that now.

However, he had an interesting slant that I hadn't considered: while all the vigorous types on this board are mega-excitied about the prospect of baying at the inbreds for 90 mins; for him the thought of possibly having to interface with 7,000 primitives on the walk to the ground ( he still has painful memories of the City promotion fiasco and the Celtic game), to see the repeat of what was possibly the worst televised game ever, was not leaving him breathless with excitement. I wonder how many others of our more civilised, older supporters feel the same?

Still, no worries, I'm sure someone will snaffle his seat for Tuesday and he'll continue turning up, good as gold.

Has he tried contacting Rovers via the usual channels???

As has been posted on here time after time, Rovers have the best mechanisms in place for looking after disadvantaged fans in the top 4 divisions.

Take that on board, and give us a report on Wednesday morning - I'm sure if you do the right things your dad will love the game and have the best evening out against the trollls.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.