BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton 0 V Rovers 1

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think hughes put two d-midfielders in to pickup the late runs of cahill and osman, arguably two of evertons most prolific midfielders.

If you can take those two out the game we've got a chance.

we shall see

Edited by arachnica

Friedel - Neill, Mokoena, Todd, Johansson, Reid, Flitcroft, Thompson, Nelson, Dickov, Pedersen.

sub:

Short, Tugay, Stead, Enckelman, Gallacher.

Good to see Reid back in the starting 11.

What's the formation?

4-5-1. Stead lone striker. Doesn't look too good so far.

I think we have been playing quite well, moving around the ball and dominating possession in the first half hour. Things got a bit ropey towards the ends but they have only had two real chances- A Carsley free kick and bents 1 on 1.

What is a real problem is that Stead looks awful. I mean really awful. Looks like a rabbit in the headlights and hasnt managed to trap a ball and make a sucessful pass in four attempts. He ducked out of a header too.

I know he is short of confidence and I really want him to play well but I can evisage him being substiturted around the hour mark if things dont improve. Hope he comes to life in the second half....

ps. Thomspon, Pedersen, Moko, Todd, Reid, Brad and Nelsen have all looked good. Johansson is a bit weak and Niell has not had much to do. Flitcorfot has been decent. The only real issue seems to be Johansson going forward and everything about Stead.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Hmm very even first half. Everton only real chance came when for some reason Mokoena, whos playin in midfield, found himself centre half against Bent. He was outpaced and lucky bent didnt dive as he tried desperately to bodychekc him. Fortunately Brad knows that for all Marcus' strengths deft finishing isnt one of them.

Apart from that very little Toffee threat. The first Carsley free-kick was a joke. Not sure how Nelson was expected to get out the way of Bent.

Still don't know where our goal is coming from. Our best chance seems to be MGP's corners from the right.

What is a real problem is that Stead looks awful. I mean really awful. Looks like a rabbit in the headlights and hasnt managed to trap a ball and make a sucessful pass in four attempts. He ducked out of a header too.

But ... how can this be true when all of our resident experts have been demanding his inclusion?!

I blame Mark Hughes for Stead playing poorly! blink.gifunsure.gifwink.gif

"What is a real problem is that Stead looks awful. I mean really awful. Looks like a rabbit in the headlights and hasnt managed to trap a ball and make a sucessful pass in four attempts. He ducked out of a header too."

joey_big_nose about 40 mins ago

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.