Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my little brother works at the FA.

So we now know who to blame for the game being played in Cardiff, early kick off, and travel arrangements. laugh.gif

if he beats me at golf on the weekend I will post his telephone number!

Seriously, I have had a go about it but he uses a powerful counter-argument:

1. Play-off finals show that Cardiff can cope with multiple fans on the same weekend

2. The time is dictated by the rules that won't allow 3 O'Clocks to be televised

3. Stop whinging you're in the bloomin Semi-Final for fecks sake!

2. The time is dictated by the rules that won't allow 3 O'Clocks to be televised

well dont chuffin televise the bloody thing then

7 hour journey on a train - that now needs a bus as well

tell me how and why ??????????????????????????????????????

and it may well sound like im moaning, but im just sat here trying to decide how long it will take to hitch to cardiff rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

3. Stop whinging you're in the bloomin Semi-Final for fecks sake!

Exactly my point. Whilst in may be an inconvenience or expensive etc... its a one off.

Time to get behind Uncle Jacks club

Edited by Hughesy

ph34r.gif On the national rail map there are two lines from Bristol to Cardiff. the line from Bristol Temple Meads to Cardiff is rail replacement buses, and the line from Bristol Parkway to Cardiff is trains!!! So chill

Have a look at a map and you'll notice there's a ****ing big river estuary slap bang between Bristol and Cardiff.

The tunnel the trains go through is 4 1/2 miles long.

It took thousands of men nearly 15 years and 76 million bricks to build it (opened in 1886).

They didn't build a spare one.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Comedy genius, you're wasted in your current role laugh.gif

Sod government cutbacks.........

Bloody I K Brunel I blame - Pioneer of engineering, my arse

What sort of clown wouldn't account for things such as these ph34r.gif

my hazy memory seems to think that the Worthington Cup final was a 3pm kick off at cardiff?

That was shown live on tele?

i had a few beers that weekend- can anyone confirm? laugh.gif

jammy barstewards.......you are all a hell of a lot closer than me and probably stand 9 a 99 out of a hundred....better chance than me of making it so lets all stop ###### whinging and whining and get your arses to cardiff....one way or another.

THAT INCLUDES YOU, NORTHERNROVER!!

Don't worry, i'll be there.

Only £15 for a return from Gloucester to Cardiff Central.

I'll have some of that thank you very much.

Bringing another Rover tinykit.gif and unfortunately a gooner with me huh.gif

but he's promised he won't cheer.

I told him i'll chuck him in the hooligan enclosure if he does

With all the hassle of getting to cardiff for noon and parking, queuing, Iam seeing this as one big pain in the arse, that I can't really be arsed with.

They don't make it easy for us do they?

A short while ago you were wanting to break the decibel level at Cardiff - we'll just have to do it without you. wink.gif

With all the hassle of getting to cardiff for noon and parking, queuing, Iam seeing this as one big pain in the arse, that I can't really be arsed with.

They don't make it easy for us do they?

Me thinks you ain't the real deal matey boy......

After an unexpected change of plans I'll no longer be on the imfamous Acrington Love Bus to Cardiff sad.gif

However, I will now be in Cardiff centre for both Friday and Saturday nights ..... which is nice smile.gif (and how glad I am Mrs Glenn found a room in Cardiff and didn't resort to her second choice, Bristol).

Beer anoyone ?

Me Baz and the Mrs will be there friday and Saturday. We were thinking about going down to Cardiff bay on sat night - anyone know if it's any good?

From what I remember its was rough, in the 80's and 90's - extremely rough.

My company had a shop there (Moira Street) which we eventually closed because they either were held it up, or had vans driven into it each weekend or it was set fire to it. sad.gif

There was also on one occation a dog fight started in the shop and people formed a circle and bet on who was going to win.

Alan's memory is right it was very rough then. A great deal of the waterfront area has now been developed and there will be a lot to do but I don't know what as I haven't been. I stopped visting Cardiff reguarly in the mid 80s after my folks left.