BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

Yawn.

Shouldn't bother as I've said it before.

Club should've made available TEN!! YES TEN!! ( without credit loveler wink.gif )

tickets for every SINGLE season ticket holder FIRST CUM, FIRST SERVE.....

Dead simple really.

Create a panic in the marketplace and many more would've rushed out to buy to avoid missing out.

As we did not do this many season ticket holders have not yet purchased because they are waiting to buy tickets in the same block as friends or family without season tickets.

DDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUURRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!

Another Rovers "own goal" mad.gif

If season ticket holders sold on for a profit ( not likely in a buyers market ) SO BE IT - we deserve the perk.

Still probably would not sell out but any left could then made available to those with a past buying history and then to anyone with a vertebral spine.

THE CLUB HAVE COCKED UP BY RATIONING TICKETS WHEN IT WOULD TAKE A MINOR MIRACLE FOR US TO SELL OUT.

..............Perhaps they are worried that we may be infiltrated by t'arseoles laugh.giflaugh.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine not being in Cardiff and don't understand why any fan, especially an ST holder, would miss the game for reasons other than cost.

Thanks Paul. At someone points out a reason sadly lacking from the LET article.

I've spent thousands over the years following Rovers but my current circumstances (mortgage, kids, one income) mean that I won't be going to Cardiff for any other reason than cost. I simply do not have the money to go.

What I find even sadder is that if we got to the final I still wouldn't have the finances to go.

As I said earlier why are there no POSITIVE articles in the LET for this game?

As I said earlier, because the LET is not the club's PR mouthpiece.

If there are negative articles, it is because they reflect the general feeling of the Blackburn public.

Rubbish. It's because the newspaper industry in this country has grown fat on negative reporting and has no idea how to report anything positive. Seems as though it creeps into all areas of the media's life.

The likes of SG194, Gav, CLB, SuperStella etc, etc just can't wait to have a go........

For what it's worth, Golden Boy, I think Rovers will take a reasonable following, over 20,000 but not quite 25,000.

I was merely pointing that out, not particularly having a go at anyone.

That said, I do think it will be embarrassing if we take less than 25k and very embarrassing if we take less than 20k.

Whilst some people have genuine reasons for not wishing to go (cost, time factors etc etc, it's been done to death and not just for this game) it could only be Blackburn Rovers fans (in general) who constantly moan that we've reached a semi final - the first for 45 years.

As I pointed out in another previous thread, whilst I was trawling the grounds of Colchester, Leyton Orient, Notts County, Bristol Rovers, Mansfield and Wrexham et al, any Rovers fan, not just me, would have given their right arm to be in such a game as we face in two weeks time.

I'm not portraying myself as a better fan than anyone else, because I'm not. I don't travel away very much these days 'cos I can't afford it. But for a semi final I'll pull out all the stops and I would expect 95% of the rest of our support to do the same.

I just wish everyone would stop their incessant whinging.

Dog bites man: no news

Man bites dog: news.

Twas ever thus.

If you want nice happy-clappy stories where the all the world is hunky-dory, buy the Family Circle.

No-one is disputing how and why the media works. You however pointed out that the LET is simply reflecting the general feeling of Blackburn fans, which is frankly rollocks.

Really ?

The news editors live in the area and have their nose to the ground.

They know what is being is said in the clubs/pubs/workplaces of the town and have published an article stating why a large number of supporters won't be going to Cardiff.

Negative may be, but the truth.

It hurts sometimes.

Not just Jacks dream, but mine too.

Since I was a wee nipper FA cup final day has always been something to look forward to. Have dreamt about seeing a Rovers player lifting the cup up at Wembley (ok, its cardiff atm), but to win the cup would be something special.

I want to be there when we get to the final. I want to be there when we lift the cup, and no matter how awkward it is to get there, I will be. The town should be buzzing with anticipation, it seems we have been spoilt recently. We should all bear in mind that this one of the most realistic chance of silverware we will get in a long time.. ENJOY IT FFS.

Gav

A beer it is then!

I cant believe all these whingers saying it is the Club's fault...the ticket selling policy is spot on the only mistake in hindsight would have been to put the season ticket sales only for a shorter time ie 5 days and then general sales...but its not the club's fault if the ticket sales are crap!!!...

If you can compromise your disposable income spending on other activities to afford it ( totally understand people like Tooting Rover who cant ..) and really support rovers then an early start, lots of travelling mean nothing

ITS THE FA CUP SEMI FOR GODS SAKE...any fan who says they are not going for any other reason than financial should be ashamed...AND I HAVE SAID THAT TO SOME MATES WHO WERE INDECISIVE AND ARE NOW COMING

I PROPOSE THIS THREAD FROM NOW ON SHOULD BE ABOUT THECRACK AND EXCITEMENT OF AN FA CUP SEMI , LIVING THE DREAM...

NOT EXCUSES AND FINGER POINTING ON WHY PEOPLE ARENT ATTENDING...

Yawn Yawn

Uncle Jack would be truning in his grave

We should all bear in mind that this one of the most realistic chance of silverware we will get in a long time.. ENJOY IT FFS.

Good point Steb but I think that's what people are trying to do and I know for sure will certainly do so come the day.

What is happening though is people ple are slagging others for not purchasing tickets yet they actually will be but are waiting for the last phase - and its this that I cannot comprehend, when so many people have already said they are holding back for one reason or another but will be going.

Now, if we where still at the same position say next weekend - then I would be lifting an eyebrow but I doubt it very much.

I have said it before, you cannot compare Rovers with any other club ( except Citeh if it relates to shooting itself in the foot at the most inappropiate times) compared to our fanbase in ratio to geography and our position in football at the moment.

No matter what Rovers do - they get ridiculed

Christ we get enough stick from other fans, so why do our fans continue to give grief about each other?

CLB - I don't give a flying porky pig how many are there as long as I am ( and yes I have had my doubts purely on a financial grounding) but I still have gripes about everything that has gone on - don't ever feel embarrassed about being a Rovers fan even if you where going to be the only one going - you will be there. As others have said this is one thing I have been been waiting for since I was a nipper and as ypu said trawling the never regions of in the old days.

SG - No you can't compare -and I'll tell you why - I'll find you for certain at least 10k of Rovers core support( season tkts) and probably more who have the same attitude and committment as the the geordies - but therein is where it ends. As with any club we have a core support where this means everything.

Now as you and many others know - these so called Geordies used to get one of their best crowds of the season when we used to go up ther (17k) if the Mackems or Boro weren't around and we used to take a fair number as well. Now what people seem to perceive is that Newcastle are this mighty club, but that's all it is - its all media hyped and a majority of their fans are brainwashed into thinking so as well as they believe this is their year. I accept they would have have probably be in the same scenario now even if the fixtures where reversed -but it isn't so we may never know , however regardless of the distance - they still have the weekend for travel ie leisurely journey on the Saturday - which I expect alot will do + a decent enough kick off time and no Saturday shoopers- ie plenty of time to enjoy some pre match atmosphere and make something of it - now compare that to ours?

Got my ticket, booked my hotel room for Friday night, got my lift sorted out.

Two weeks today, the weekend begins, infact this time two weeks from now I`ll be somewhere near Birmingham M5/M6 junction. And boy am I looking forward to it.

Thats one of things about following football, sooner or later the big match comes along and the exitement, build up and the sheer fact of having something to look forward to these days in life makes it nearly all worth while!

Football is a hobby of mine, and I intend to enjoy it.

You'll still get the same people jumping at the chance to slag off the fans.

The likes of SG194, Gav, CLB, SuperStella etc, etc just can't wait to have a go, and they're not going to let the fact that we won't know the true picture regarding ticket sales until next week stop them. I think these people must have some sort of insecurity complex, something that compells them to show everyone else how good a fan they are and how crap others are.

I think you'll struggle to find where i've slagged off the fans?

Maybe you think my time would be better spent moaning and groaning about transport issues and ticket allocation wink.gif

ps,

Lad from work has just returned from the ticket office and was told that we've sold 5000 tickets up to the close of business yesterday.

If there are negative articles, it is because they reflect the general feeling of the Blackburn public.

You're so bloody boring.

Look what happened to Rev when he criticised the Rovers via the LET.

PC's playing up

Phone the LET, they'll run it on the front page. Bloody disgrace, I bet if your computer was working perfectly they wouldn't give two hoots.

Bloody gutter press.

PC's playing up

Phone the LET, they'll run it on the front page. Bloody disgrace, I bet if your computer was working perfectly they wouldn't give two hoots.

Bloody gutter press.

Forget the LET we fixed it, with the delete button. It was nothing to do with the pc, Gav fell off the chair reaching for the key board.

There will be a news item regarding it after we print the story of the missing shelf.

Not been taking part in this thread so far BUT agree with Berkshireblue.

Its two weeks tomorrow so ticket sales will rocket cos Supply and Demand aint working.Tickets in all areas left apart from the £25/£35.

Just you see....and although I'm going to ManU tomorrow I'm ALREADY more excited about the Semi than the annual fix at OT.

Change the thread to the CRACK OF THE CUP!!

Rubbish. It's because the newspaper industry in this country has grown fat on negative reporting and has no idea how to report anything positive. Seems as though it creeps into all areas of the media's life.

Paul, I think if one sits and thinks for a mo' one will realise just about ALL news is negative. Murder, rape, natural disasters, oil prices, feeding tubes, wars, robbery and so on. Unfortunately negative things seem to be deemed newsworthy.

Spot on:

Telegraph rant

Whilst I am just about in agreement with the article (apart from the comparison with Newcastle) I'm not sure it will have the desired effect.

In general people don't like being dictated to.

Is the article likely to have hordes of Rovers fans thinking "Crikey Paul you're right, you're too good for me, what was I thinking, I'd better rush down and buy a ticket!" or is it likely to get the backs of people up who consider they've valid reasons for not going and have them even more inclined to stick two fingers up at the club and the LET because they resent being told they're not proper fans?

It's a dangerous line to take.

Personally I'm of the view that it's an FA Cup semi final and I'd be there if it was played at four am in the morning but that's my personal choice. I wouldn't presume to criticise anyone who chose not to go to this particular game given the prevailing circumstances.

I'm dissapointed but not shocked to be honest.

A semi final in the FA CUP, something that we haven't been in a very long time.

I understand people's reasoning in struggling to go, it isn't cheap and I've found it difficult to afford it as well but if you really want to go then you'll go.

Hughes has said that the club hasn't gone on a good cup run for a long time, the fans have said it year after year, we're in the semi final and our ticket sales are not great, what more do some people want.