BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's out of our price budget as he IS being valued at 7 million...

It'll be Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle or Liverpool who will go for him...

Wow you generated that list all by yourself :rolleyes:

Gareth Bale is in no way valued at 7 million. Mad men would pay that kind of dosh.

According to the LT, sources in Liverpool say that LFC are confident of getting their man as he is said to have set his heart on a switch to Anfield.

Williams has confirmed Neill will definitely leave the club as he would like to look at a new challenge. It will be decided nearer the time if the move will be in January or in the summer, depending on what both the club and neill want to do.

chelsea have about 4 right backs but they may see neill as a utility centre back and can also play anywhere along the back 4 like gallas used to, plus they also sold huth so they aint exactly strong in depth at centre backs.

if milan, barca, liverpool and chelsea want a bidding war then we should reap the benefits.

I've said many times that these guys are just modern day equivalent of hired guns. They want to earn as much as possible, full stop! Anybody who chooses to believe that Bellamy malarky is delusional.

anyway anybody who holds different views answer me this .........

1. Why should he stay at Blackburn?

2. Does anybody hold a grudge or think he was right or wrong for leaving Millwall to come to BRFC?

It's no secret that Neill has plans for his life after playing football to get into ownership in the A league.

To do this he needs plenty of cash.

If he stays at the Rovers, he gets an increase in pay. If he moves to (say) Liverpool, he gets an increase in pay and (most probably) a signing on fee.

So, for him, it's a no brainer, he's going to be quids ahead by moving.

True to an extent Gordon, but what's really better, - Neill earning 30k p.w here and commanding a regular starting slot or 40k p.w. somewhere else and never seeing the light of day again? (as will almost certainly happen if he goes to Liverpool)

Either way with the benefit of hindsight making him captain and trying to make him feel even more important than he already obviously thinks he is backfired on us big time, sticking him in the reserves in August might have been the better option.

Either way with the benefit of hindsight making him captain and trying to make him feel even more important than he already obviously thinks he is backfired on us big time, sticking him in the reserves in August might have been the better option.

Not at all. Firstly his performances this season while out of position have on the whole been pretty good. Secondly we may see the benefit of this in January via a bidding war which, while it won't raise a spectacular sum, may well bring in some much needed funds to help boost our weakest positions.

Would we have got less for him if he had been placed in the reserves and lost all match fitness? Almost certainly I suspect. Teams wanting him for January will have watched his form this season and will be wanting him to play a part in their squad for the rest of the season.

Putting players who want to leave into the reserves doesn't really work for the club. It decreases their sell-on value and means we are paying good wages for a player who is doing little to earn them.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Not at all. Firstly his performances this season while out of position have on the whole been pretty good. Secondly we may see the benefit of this in January via a bidding war which, while it won't raise a spectacular sum, may well bring in some much needed funds to help boost our weakest positions.

Would we have got less for him if he had been placed in the reserves and lost all match fitness? Almost certainly I suspect. Teams wanting him for January will have watched his form this season and will be wanting him to play a part in their squad for the rest of the season.

Putting players who want to leave into the reserves doesn't really work for the club. It decreases their sell-on value and means we are paying good wages for a player who is doing little to earn them.

In this instance can't see it would make any difference at all to his value because of the contract situation. We'll get a million in January or nothing in summer.

True to an extent Gordon, but what's really better, - Neill earning 30k p.w here and commanding a regular starting slot or 40k p.w. somewhere else and never seeing the light of day again? (as will almost certainly happen if he goes to Liverpool)

How on earth has it backfired on us? He's been one of our best players this season.

Oh, and he'll be a regular at Liverpool. He's a good player which is why a lot of top clubs seem to be sniffing around him at the moment.

In this instance can't see it would make any difference at all to his value because of the contract situation. We'll get a million in January or nothing in summer.

We may get a tad more than that but, even so, if he had been in the reserves we'd have been unlikely to get anyone buying in January.

Besides, his appearances so far this season have been pretty decent. After Hughes had one of his 'deciding not to play Gray' periods that come up now and then we really did need him in the team.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Easy peasy Simon............ Over a 4 year contract 10k pw equates to about £2m for doing nowt! :) Or about what 80 football supporters on average wages will earn over the same period for actually working! I guess he is quite rightly using his oppo Harry Kewell as an example. The stupid bgugers in all this are US, the fans! :)

How on earth has it backfired on us? He's been one of our best players this season.

Oh, and he'll be a regular at Liverpool. He's a good player which is why a lot of top clubs seem to be sniffing around him at the moment.

It was always going to be a a coin flip in summer whether to take 2m for him or keep him in the hope he would play out the season.

As it looks like he's leaving in January anyway, he's now injured and we only got nine or ten decent games out of him before he seemingly lost interest in the three games prior to injury I would say it clearly backfired. Unless we still get 2m in the transfer window which I can't see happening.

It was a very marginal decision in the summer though.

Easy peasy Simon............ Over a 4 year contract 10k pw equates to about £2m for doing nowt! :) Or about what 80 football supporters on average wages will earn over the same period for actually working! I guess he is quite rightly using his oppo Harry Kewell as an example. The stupid bgugers in all this are US, the fans! :)

Less tax though - hardly worth having. :rolleyes:

Who has said that Liverpool will offer him more wages, look at bellamy he took over a 2mill pay cut to go to anfield. At a guess i reckon we will offer at least paraty in terms of wages to anyone except if chelsea start bidding which is highley unlikely

Edited by Bazzanotsogreat

I think it's actually part of the lackofmatchitis I'm suffering from. How frustrating is it to watch the team going down the table without playing and not even having a new match to either rejoice over if we've won or moan about if we've lost. I don't really care about new players yet. I'd just like to see those we have playing!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.