BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Worst Ever Rovers Player?

It we're talking about those that have played regularly, it has to be Jason Lowe. He's been an ever present in the team going from being a midtable Premier League side to a relegation fodder in the Championship. He's the worst player in the worst side in my lifetime.

• Like 2

It we're talking about those that have played regularly, it has to be Jason Lowe. He's been an ever present in the team going from being a midtable Premier League side to a relegation fodder in the Championship. He's the worst player in the worst side in my lifetime.

It tells you all you need to know about modern football when you realise he was selected for England at junior level.

• Like 1

And people have the temerity to lump him with Wilcox & Pedersen as supposed 'scapegoats'. Sure, I was a critic of Pedersen in his final seasons because he'd become a shadow of the player he once was. Lowe has been bobbins from day one. Name one outstanding quality he brings to the table? He can't tackle, he can't shoot (one freak goal aside), he can't close down, he can't track back.... He lacks all of the essential elements for a midfield player but he's been ever-present for the last six years, which explains too goddamn much.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
58 minutes ago, Husky said:

As a child I vaguely remember that. From memory it was a super finish from outside the box.

Yeah the original back pass rule wasn't without it's flaws you got defenders turning it back without looking first just expecting the keeper to be in the middle but their instinct to pick it up drew them across.

Amazing how often it happened back in the day.

Just now, DE. said:

He's shit but he's no Chris Brown tbf, at least Samuel has actually scored a few. 

Browny could at least hold the ball up though. I’m half jesting about the ‘worst ever player’ part, but Samuel does make Jason Roberts look like Romario. He’s awful.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

A striker should hit the target in a one on one and at least make the keeper save it.

A decent striker would have buried that chance today.

I worry that Mowbray will continue to pick him to prove some point to himself.

The ball to set him up was fantastic btw - Payne?

I don't know why TM insists on keep giving him chances in and around the team at this vital jucture his confidence is zero and he's useless in front of goal he's never been what you'd call a good finisher anyway.

Missing chances like that could be difference between comfortably beating teams and getting promoted or getting caught out late when you don't put it to bed and don't get the three points to stay in the mix.

I wouldn't bother with him now unless we are desperate for bods. Move him on in summer or pray that he has a fresh start here.

Edited by tomphil

32 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Dom Samuel may be making a case for inclusion here.

Frustration is one thing but Samuel shouldn't be anywhere near this list.

Edit: saw your next comment so fair play. Actually thought Samuel did ok holding it up in the last 15 minutes.

Edited by Roverthechimp

Goulon was so bad he made me laugh. He just had nothing about him that suggested he was a footballer. Fettis was turd and after a great start, Adam Henley became out of his depth rubbish.

47 minutes ago, Stuart said:

A striker should hit the target in a one on one and at least make the keeper save it.

A decent striker would have buried that chance today.

I worry that Mowbray will continue to pick him to prove some point to himself.

The ball to set him up was fantastic btw - Payne?

39 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I don't know why TM insists on keep giving him chances in and around the team at this vital jucture his confidence is zero and he's useless in front of goal he's never been what you'd call a good finisher anyway.

Missing chances like that could be difference between comfortably beating teams and getting promoted or getting caught out late when you don't put it to bed and don't get the three points to stay in the mix.

I wouldn't bother with him now unless we are desperate for bods. Move him on in summer or pray that he has a fresh start here.

Maybe and now this is wild speculation and really out there, but maybe Mowbray is sticking with him as back up to Graham because he is doing well in training? You know the 95% we don't see 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Dom Samuel may be making a case for inclusion here.

He actually started the season well and scored a couple. His form has declined massively but adding his name into this thread? Really? The lad has been on the bench for weeks and is clearly low on confidence he doesn't need us lot turning on him. I'll admit I've not been impressed but it would be harsh to write him off completely yet, I'm not going to hold that missed chance against him today as it was the finish of a guy who is low on confidence and who has not been playing as much recently. He's still young enough to come good and he's shown glimpses of ability albeit only glimpses. Him and Nuttall could both do with being loaned out next season for me. Worst ever rovers player though? Jesus Christ that's well harsh :lol: 

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Browny could at least hold the ball up though. I’m half jesting about the ‘worst ever player’ part, but Samuel does make Jason Roberts look like Romario. He’s awful.

Was JR really that bad, his hold up play was decent and he could finish quite well. Made a good pair with Benni imo. 

• Backroom

Roberts spent half the game on his arse complaining to the ref, and his finishing was only good when he didn't have to think about it. One of the most infuriating players of that era. 

Still no Chris Brown though. 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maybe and now this is wild speculation and really out there, but maybe Mowbray is sticking with him as back up to Graham because he is doing well in training? You know the 95% we don't see 

He can score 50 every day in training it's what he does or rather doesn't do on the first team pitch that matters and it's not like there isn't other options at the min. Pointless having a guy to do the Graham role if he can't actually do it.

By the way there is no chance i'm marking him down as one of the worst ever he isn't he's just not at the races this season. Don't know why he's crept into this thread :o

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

He can score 50 every day in training it's what he does or rather doesn't do on the first team pitch that matters and it's not like there isn't other options at the min. Pointless having a guy to do the Graham role if he can't actually do it.

By the way there is no chance i'm marking him down as one of the worst ever he isn't he's just not at the races this season. Don't know why he's crept into this thread :o

Ah if a lad is doing well in training it's hard to leave him out. Hopefully he starts to take a chance or two. 

Lucky the main man DG has stepped up massivley 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Worst player has to be Gary flitcroft. Nobody got caught having affairs like that lad. He's no Bradley dack

Imagine using the Tickled Trout lol you'd think he would've been a bit more discreet !

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.