SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Anti-rovers Setiment

americanrover

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My anger is beginning to die down now and I can see the funny side of it all.

All the hysteria and jumping around can only be good news. Most of it from Arse-supporting hacks most of whom wouldn't be seen dead anywhere near Ewood, so why should we care? They are searching for any crumb to disrepute our club! Let them! The more they rant the sooner everyone else (not just people from Rovers) will get fed up and start to hit back at them.

There was a buzz about Ewood on Wednesday that I haven't felt for some time. I'm still chuckling at the thought of Dowie pinning our Kevin up against the wall in the tunnel at half time (allegedly) - note he didn't pick on Hughsey or Eddie!

Hughsey has said that what he has done at Rovers is his greatest achievement. He is more a Rover than Souey ever was, and what a man!

Bring on tomorrow. What will the next twist in the saga be? I can't wait!

Edited by roversmum

Christ !!!

Even soccernet 's joining in the fun, getting on Sparky's back. Check the caption beneath sparky's picture. 'Not afraid to show the back of his hand' or something to that effect. what w**kers!!!

The bandwagon 's gotten quite full now. dry.gif

He is more a Rover than Souey ever was, and what a man!

Dont really agree with that. I loved souey when he was with us, even in his final full season with us and im certain most rovers fans did(every game there were sooounes chants). And im sure he still holds Rovers close to his heart. I was gutted when he left us but he did fully deserve the stick he got when he came back to ewood. I doubt we would be in the premiership now if it wasnt for souness.

Hughes has had 1 good season with us now- but no way has he over-taken Souness in the list of greatest ever rovers managers

Agreed Greggyk-

there's no way we can give him that mantle just yet, the jury is still be out on Sparky. our history is too rich to jump the gun- perhaps if this was a smaller, fly by night operation like (fill in your own blank).

That said, gotta love Sparky. Big heart on that man !

Dont really agree with that. I loved souey when he was with us, even in his final full season with us and im certain most rovers fans did(every game there were sooounes chants). And im sure he still holds Rovers close to his heart. I was gutted when he left us but he did fully deserve the stick he got when he came back to ewood. I doubt we would be in the premiership now if it wasnt for souness.

Bollax (sic)

Rovers were never close to his heart, just as Puke aren't now. He cares about one team and one team only- Rangers.

Souness chants were started and carried on by the Stepford majority- most of whom have thankfully been released from their mind control now.

As for us not being in the Premiership now- well we might (had Sourness turned us down) have got someone less objectionable if we'd waited- and we might still have had Dunn and Duff.

"Next on Talk @#/? - Ron "Chopper" Harris! Ha Ha Ha "Hello Ron eh? I tell you they wouldn't have got away with it in your day would they? Ha Ha Ha." See also Norman "Bite your legs" Hunter and Billy Bremner - all held in high esteem by Talk Sport and also by most of the media. The next day they'll ask "Where have all the hard men gone?" and "Hasn't football gone soft?"

guess what tonight topic on talk sport is!!

Where have all the hard men in football gone?

Whos Mystic Meg ay Bob?? biggrin.gif

Bollax (sic)

Rovers were never close to his heart, just as Puke aren't now. He cares about one team and one team only- Rangers.

Souness chants were started and carried on by the Stepford majority- most of whom have thankfully been released from their mind control now.

As for us not being in the Premiership now- well we might (had Sourness turned us down) have got someone less objectionable if we'd waited- and we might still have had Dunn and Duff.

This is becoming quite tragic.

Everyone knows I supported Souness and fit perfectly into the group of people you regularly slag off in your never-ending crusade to belittle what he did at Rovers.

However, a quick scan of my posting history suggests this is only the second or third time I've chosen to address the subject on the MB since Christmas.

A quick scan of your posting history Jan, shows that 3 out of every 4 posts you make refer to Souness or his legacy. It's only as low as 75% because you had a couple of mini-runs on tickets for the semi and then meeting Matt Jansen!

Flopsy's theory that you actually fancy GS seems the most plausible on that evidence ... if you really don't, then the best advice must be to concentrate on something else for a while, or book in asap with the therapist.

And scanning posting history is just TOO tragic to contemplate.

You're right - it wasn't strictly necessary.

Everyone can see you're totally obsessed with Souness - there was no need to try and quantify it.

its alright I make a poor pun about her fancying Souness and I get called a eunich.

but hey joking about someone fancying someone is insulting and being called a dickless wonder (surely that would be a female?) is not.

It makes sense to me

Shame that an apparently intelligient poster is dragged to such a level because of an obsession is very sad really.

unrequited love is a horrible thing

"Next on Talk @#/? - Ron "Chopper" Harris! Ha Ha Ha "Hello Ron eh? I tell you they wouldn't have got away with it in your day would they? Ha Ha Ha." See also Norman "Bite your legs" Hunter and Billy Bremner - all held in high esteem by Talk Sport and also by most of the media. The next day they'll ask "Where have all the hard men gone?" and "Hasn't football gone soft?"

guess what tonight topic on talk sport is!!

Where have all the hard men in football gone?

Whos Mystic Meg ay Bob?? biggrin.gif

laugh.gif It was inevitable.

They're pathetic that lot. Interview with Alvin Martin on Thursday, went something along the lines of...

"So Alvin what about that last night at Goodison, a bit fiery wasn't it, two sendings off for United..

"Yes Alan, it was all good stuff, Scholes had to go for his kick, but it wasn't thuggery like BLACKBURN." ohmy.gif

Everton vs Manchester United Alvin, remember? It's almost as though you couldn't be bothered thinking anymore, Homer Simpson stylee. *Must concentrate, must concentrate, Everton vs Manche.... No, I can't do it, it hurts too much, Blackburn, Thugs, Blackburn, Thugs, Must remain Topical, must tow the line*

Talk @#/? - 2025. "Next up we have Andy Todd - "Hello Andy - I tell you what, the games gone soft! It wouldn't have happened in your day would it!"

• Backroom

Brian Reade's at it again in this morning's Mirror.

Yes.. here... Click Me

Scroll half way down the page "Shocking Blackburn get elbow"

I bet that muppet has never even been to Ewood Park !!!

Edited by trueblue

rover.gif you have to agree with some off the points,the gates are dwindling,we are bottom off the fair league,and if it was bolton and not us we would be calling them.

hughes has done a fantastic job this season,but fans do not want to see some off our teams tactics forever,this season it has been neccesary next we need flair tinykit.gif

What really hacks me off is the fact that the Rovers PR machine doesn't exist and as a result they never publically counter critism like other clubs...they just sit there and take it.

Think back to all those times of negative publicity for rovers - whats the club done to counter?? Absolute Jack.

What really hacks me off is the fact that the Rovers PR machine doesn't exist and as a result they never publically counter critism like other clubs...they just sit there and take it.

Think back to all those times of negative publicity for rovers - whats the club done to counter?? Absolute Jack.

There's nothing we can do back, we are a small club, never be able to compete with big media giants, all we would do would be to annoy them even more and probably be on the end of worse attacks.

We will always be a small club ripe for 'a good slagging' from the southern based media if we don't fight our corner.

A good proactive (clever!) PR Agency can turn public perceptions on their head for businesses far smaller than BRFC.

Imagine if you are a player on the receiving end of the vitriol last week looking for support - Hughes comes out and whispers his defence of tactics but what did the club say???

Brian Reade's at it again in this morning's Mirror.

Yes.. here... Click Me

Scroll half way down the page "Shocking Blackburn get elbow"

I bet that muppet has never even been to Ewood Park !!!

Easy story = lazy journalism (if you can call it that). Fills a bit of his quota. If he understood anything about a club like Blackburn he would realise that effectively having 3 home games on the trot with a SF in Cardiff in the middle is going to be too much for many people to afford and frankly, if we were playing expansive attacking football this would still be true. Does he have an email address.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.