BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixtures Discussion

Cheers for the history lesson Jim.So following the Rovers has always been the rollercoaster ride even 40 years ago! I noted that even tough we were relegated that year we had 5 games whre we scored 5 or more goals.(What would we do with a lethal strikeforce like that this year?)

Florida Rover

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting year's mixed up- we weren't relegated when we tonked West Ham 8-2 at Upton Park (still their record defeat)- but we did go down the season 65/6 when we knocked them out of the Cup after a replay.

In 65/6 relegation season, we hit 6 once (either Northampton or Forest at home), 4 twice (Burnley away and the West Ham cup replay) and three on quite a few occasions (Forest away, West Ham away, Norwich home all come to mind). I'd rather not recall some of the defeats we suffered that season though...

. I'd rather not recall some of the defeats we suffered that season though...

327578[/snapback]

5-0 at home to Manchester United was the worst. Denis Law at his best.

Now that did hurt. I cried all the way home and I was 53 then.

• 1 year later...
:lol:

Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, this reply was to a post that was two years old. I'm not too sure why...

Having said that, I always enjoy the fixtures topics because at least one person always makes a fool out of themselves by claiming they know the fixtures before they're announced.

Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, this reply was to a post that was two years old. I'm not too sure why...

Having said that, I always enjoy the fixtures topics because at least one person always makes a fool out of themselves by claiming they know the fixtures before they're announced.

I may have lost the plot but I think the fool in question is the same poster who claims to have inside knowledge that Benni has already signed for Chelsea for £7m.

Anyway, two weeks from now we can start getting excited about a truly hypothetical set of fixtures- assuming the West Ham scandal is still rumbling on.

My mate who is a rabbit at the FA ( bit bigger than a mole..), reckons we are to play Sheffield United away in the first game of next season!

My mate who is a rabbit at the FA ( bit bigger than a mole..), reckons we are to play Sheffield United away in the first game of next season!

Well thats Sheff United away out of the window. I dont think one of these 'my mate works for the FA and they say we are playing x first' has ever come true!! Truth is unless you are extremely high up in the FA you will not know who we play first....and even the chief exec probably wont know until a couple of days before.

Well thats Sheff United away out of the window. I dont think one of these 'my mate works for the FA and they say we are playing x first' has ever come true!! Truth is unless you are extremely high up in the FA you will not know who we play first....and even the chief exec probably wont know until a couple of days before.

Unless you are part of the team, yes there is a fixtures team, at the FA.

For example the FA Cup draws have already been made for the early rounds and are released on a "for eyes only" basis to enable leagues to plan fixtures.

Unless you are part of the team, yes there is a fixtures team, at the FA.

For example the FA Cup draws have already been made for the early rounds and are released on a "for eyes only" basis to enable leagues to plan fixtures.

Yes but will anyone truley know who Blackburn Rovers are playing in the first game of the new season?

No London away matches until after September 16th, please!

Why is that? You coming over to sample some warm beer and pies?

BTW the fixtures are reported to be out June 14th which is a week tomorrow :tu: I only say that because it doesn't seem to have been posted so far.

And why are we rehashing an old fixtures thread? Can't we have a new one? :unsure::huh:

is this a sneak insight that Sheff United will be re-instated to the Premier League?

Id like City away as the 1st game. We usually do well at their place and at this rate their squad may still be under construction by then! Perfect time to get them.

Anyone know what date the fixtures are released?

Why is that? You coming over to sample some warm beer and pies?

Hopefully moving to Lux then. A nice cheap flight to London (from Hahn).

Edited by American

Guest shoppybrfc

Read the summer transfer topic.

I remember talking to someone the other night (who granted was drunk, and so was I) who claimed we would play SheffU first game claiming that they would be reinstated into the premiership by the following consideration: the courts would not overule the FA's decision to fine West Ham (as opposed to deduct points) as it may set a negative precedent for future relegated clubs but they would decide that, fairly, SheffU should not have been relegated (based on the fact that it was Tevez's goals that kept West Ham up) so SheffU would be reinstated into the premiership. This of course results in 21 clubs being in the prem and apparently the decision to relegate 4 OR promote just 2, from the championship, is yet to be decided. Sounds a bit far fetched and I took it with a pinch of salt but the guy had his wits about him if you know what I mean. Personally I think its codswallop - the courts just can't be arsed with the effort and forthcoming rigmarole of overturning an already made decision IMO. But hey, ya never know - I think SheffU deserve it and I think it would be a nice opening fixture for us (home or away).

My best friends dog says he sniffed the backside of the FA poodle and its wigan away first game.

Strange but that's what I think or Villa at home :P

Don't know if anybody else has picked up on it before but our opening games never seem to be the glamour ones if you know what I mean and we always seem to either play a team that has struggled the previous season or has just been promoted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.