BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tough Fixtures Ahead

Its great to have hit the top half of the table (just-tenth) but it will be a minor miracle if we are still top half four games from now.

Thus far, our fixtures have been disproportionately against bottom half opposition but now comes the reality check:

Chelsea A (100% winning record at home for Chelski)

Charlton H (100% winning record away for the Addicks)

Man City A

Arsenal H (unless Sunderland spring a big surprise, we'll be facing another 100% home winning record)

With very few injuries (although Nelsen is a big doubt for the Chelsea game), Hughes will have that rarity- the full squad to chose from.

So this is the big reality check for how far we have come under Sparky.

My guess is that there will be plenty Blackburn are filthy headlines, at least one red card and any number of yellows and that we'll collect three points from the 12 theoretically available.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're underestimating how well we have played when we have come up against teams wiling to play football like Charlton for instance. I would certainly be disappointed if we didn't beat them and would expect 6 points from the next four games which I think will just keep us in the top half. It all depends how much we have Bellamy available but if it is most of those games then i'd be confident, especially with the defence looking pretty solid.

I think rovers are capable of getting somthing out of each match. Someone has to beat Chelsea, why not us? Wishful thinking yes but if Hughes puts out a team to spoil their fun I don't see them reacting well and us having a chance of taking the points.

Charlto are ready to fall from grace now and again I don't see why we shouldn't be the team to do it, we are capable of beating them as we have better players than them, I also think we can match them for fitness levels.

Man City Pearce has them playing well, I think this will be an opportunity to show if we can take on teams like City when we normally fail misrably against teams we should be beating

Arsenal, arrogent French plonkers will have their Highbury downfall when they persist in trying to score the perfect goal, hopefully our players will want retribution for the Semi Final last year as no way they deserved to lose 3-0, also maybe if we wound up their tempermental stars and made it into a battle I see us having a chance.

I know its all a bit optimistic but Id expect 6 points out of those 4 games, logicly you'd say those points would come against City and Charlton but Football isn't like that.

I feel a lot more confident in facing those teams now than I did a month ago, a run of good results and a returning Craig Bellamy leads me to think that we are a match for anyone.

Teams like Charlton and Man City are no different to us, just having a 'good' spell like Everton last season.

4 games with a return > 4 points is my bet. The Chelsea fixture will be interesting.

Player for player I would say that Charlton have a better side than us, just. Man City look slightly worse (Andy Cole seems to make all the difference. Hurrmph) but Pierce seems to galvanise.

By the time we face Arsenal they could well be back to full strength. Chelsea have an unbelievably good side, the best in every department at the moment.

Six points would be an excellent return, four points would be acceptable.

Really difficult to predict.

Charlton and City are no better than us but no worse. I think both their sets of fans as well as ourselves think that they should win these matches. As for Arsenal they've been dodgy this year, and it depends which Arsenal team turns up. If WBA can beat them we certainly should have a chance.

Think Chelsea's a write off though.

In short we could, quite possibly, come away with anything from 9 to 0 points from these games. It's a big test on Sparkey and the lads but the squad finally seems to have options and we're playing some decent stuff so hopefully we'll keep adding to the points tally.

A Chelsea

H Charlton

A Man City

A Arsenal

With 3 of our next 4 games being away from home it is sure going to be a tough ride. I expect 3 points against Charlton though, and at least a point from the three others.

As said, 4points would be fairly good, but we have already beaten ManU at OT so why can't we get something at the Bridge or at Highbury?

I would so love it if we were the first to beat Chelsea in the PL this season... rover.gif

I feel a lot more confident in facing those teams now than I did a month ago, a run of good results and a returning Craig Bellamy leads me to think that we are a match for anyone.

355525[/snapback]

Let's not count any chickens on Bellamy and his fitness, there's always the possiblity he could do his knee pulling ona sock or lacing up his boots. I have my fingers crossed he will still be fit for the Chelsea game as he could be the one player to unlock them at the back.

There are two Blackburn Rovers sides at the minute

With Bellamy - can surprise anyone on the day

Without Bellamy - completely toothless

Assuming Bellers is fit for these games:

Chelsea - by no means the foregone conclusion everyone would expect

Charlton - we should be expecting 3 points from this

Man City - we should be expecting at least a point from this

Arsenal- on paper they should win but I've never known them in as much disarray since Wenger took over.

So there's potential for at least five points, four from the middle two games and a point at either Stamford Bridge or Highbury. Hopefully we can achieve this and kick on from there.

We'll get five points. A win and two draws. I'd expect to win the home game and get two points on the road. We are tough to score against and Arsenal aren't exactly pouring the goals in at the moment. City are jusr rubbish, but there are worse sides that them around, hence they have an elevated position.

It'a probably safe to write Chelsea off, but it was not too long ago that we were beating them fairly regularly. They don't like it up 'em, and we are quite good at that, so a draw might be possible.

The one good thing about Chelsea at weekend is that they played sunday at weekend and play tomorrow. That means both their games have been played the day later. If we are much better physically fit then it could become a useful tool.

However Chelsea might play their second XI tonight, which will still include class players.

The Chelsea one, either a loss or a draw, especially as they'll be up for giving the next team they play in the Premiership a good hiding.

The Charlton and Man City games we could possibly get decent results against as we are very similar.

Arsenal, not really that impressive even if they do have Henry back. I think losing Viera has knocked them back a bit too much, and we could surprise them. Heck, if we can beat Man U at Gold Trafford and almost hold on against Liverpool (cheers ref!!!) then we can upset the Arse.

I think 4 wins isn't too much to ask

Chelsea are due for a slip up

Arsenal have died in the ass since Viera has left

City and Charlton are inflated because of the rest of the under perfomers in the league

12 points and 3rd place in just over a month

Phillipl I agree.

But thats an important over past seasons where we either drew or lost to those rubbish teams and struggled.

To be honest, there are at least 10 or so of these rubbish teams in the division!

Another group of 6 more beatable teams (on our day) and another 4 which if we get anything on them based on their reputation its a good result.

• 2 weeks later...

Six wins out of the last eight games now with our only defeats coming against the European Champions and the Premiership Champions.

...Or three points out of six from this difficult patch. What is also highly encouraging is the way the Rovers are beginning to play consistently playing high quality, slick entertaining football.

Wouldn't like to predict results away at Citeh and (beginning to pick up the pace now) Arsenal but they should be cracking games.

Incidentally, Wigan are winning at Pampey and are on course to go five points clear in second place tonight and just six behind Chelski. They probably needed to get a good run under their belt as the fixture computer has given them this interesting sequence of games between now and 31 December:

Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U, Charlton, Man City, West Ham, Rovers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.