SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roy Keane

natbags

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a free agent without a contract, I think he can sign within the window.

Otherwise the transfer window constitutes a restraint of trade and would be illegal under EU law.

Looking at the Mancs, I am reminded of that old song; "Three wheels on my wagon but I'm still rolling along etc." Only problem is, the Cherokees (Glazers) got in a bit early.

Keane would fit in with our squad's 'bully boys' image and style of play, but i doubt he'd play for us, plus we couldn't afford £70-£100k a week wages.

We've not exactly got the most popular team at the moment either...

Lucas

Toddy

Nelson

Sav

Tugay

The Axe

Dickov

Bells

Keano?

As a free agent without a contract, I think he can sign within the window.

He can but don't you mean 'outside the window'? Usually transfers do take place within the window.

To be honest I'm having trouble visualising which side of the window we're talking about. I wonder which way it opens?

Outwards or through it in the case of Keane!

Probably some smart deal doing by the Mancs to be honest. They realised Keane was way past his best and unlikely to recover and probably were able to use a clause in his contract re public utterances to get rid of him for next to nothing and siezed the opportunity.

Keane was "only" on about £4m a year whereas Ballack would cost £6m a year in wages.

No time for the man, was a good player and one of best around, but how he got away with what he did to Haaland (who had to retire from injury) and openly admitting it is a disgrace

361918[/snapback]

I think he was a premiership legend but a bit past his best now, doesnt have that drive anymore.

Still I usually agreed with his sentiments when he ranted... viera,u niteds corporate fans etc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.