SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nelsen

SAS

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see the cogs of disclipline working nicely at the FA.

Am I being too cynical to suggest that any suspension (surely not warranted) would just happen to tie in with a second leg of the semi final at a certain Old Trafford?

Nice to see the FA want headlines about Halsey being a biased referee dragged up so long after the event.

Have to say that Ryan's comments are absolutely accurate though but that won't be an acceptable defence- he shouldn't have said it under FA rules.

Surely this is a fining matter and a warning as to future conduct rather than a suspension?

Edited by philipl

Nice to see the cogs of disclipline working nicely at the FA.

Am I being too cynical to suggest that any suspension (surely not warranted) would just happen to tie in with a second leg of the semi final at a certain Old Trafford?

371058[/snapback]

surely it would be impossible to suspend him blink.gif but it is the fa and blackburn

fine is the only way imo.

and theyd rather fine people speaking rather than clamping down on essien, sissoko, reo coker, gerrard

who sometimes think football is friday night fight night

I would like to state that Halsey is a blatently biased cheating ###### but I probably can't on this mB.

371076[/snapback]

He's also from Bolton; too close for a person to be truly neutral.

I would love a player to add the words "in my opionion" and see what the FA did. Then its not stating a fact about the ref but just of the players opionion. I dont think (correct me if you know) it could be classed as slander then and the FA wouldnt have a leg to stand on if someone decided to take it to court, as Sourpuss threatened to do. If the FA are going to charge him surely they have to conduct an investigation to prove that his accustations are false...... would they be able to do that? I wish more players managers would speak out like this, i like Jose M's attitude to it, cant remember exactly what he said after his last fine but it was something along the lines of ill still speak out and say what I want. On the otherside as seen as the FA are taking action on this they should take action on Ferguson for calling Bolton cheats rather than just probing them and us.

Funny how the disciplinary committee failed to do anything about Gerrards malicious attack on Newcastle players two weeks ago or Crouch pushing over the Barcodes player.

Then yesterday both Gerrard and Sissoko stamp on players.

But hey, Ryan Nelsen made the ref cry, so lets charge him.

My sentiments exactly, how can Halsey justify the sending off of our boys when both Crouch and Gerrard should have walked too. It looked to me like Gerrard actually threw a punch in the Newcastle match.

It's ######, we know it is, the rest of the fan's in the Prem know it is but the FA can't handle it.

Our players were sent off for the application of rules to the letter, why not the 2 England internationals. Surely you MUST apply the letter of the law there also.

If Nelsen's 'crime' is implying a bias on the part of referees then he is totally justified in doing so since at the start of the season we were given that 'rap on the knuckles' by the FA, who said they would be keeping a particular look-out for the disciplinary behaviour of Rovers players. This must surely have entered the pre-season briefings received by referees and is reflected in a noticeable overzealousness by refs in games involving Rovers this season.

I recently read a book by Pierluigi Collina about refereeing in which he describes how refs prepare for games by researching the tactics and form of the teams involved. Impossible then for a team to expect impartiality from the ref. Not least when your side includes players with the individual reputations of Savage, Bellamy, Dickov, Todd, etc! Added to that the fact that Halsey comes from Bolton and is clearly a myopic self-obsessed fool and its pretty damn obvious that he was biased! If Nelsen is fined for comments made as club captain spoken in defence of the club and the team, I think Rovers should pay his fine.

If Nelsen is fined for comments made as club captain spoken in defence of the club and the team, I think Rovers should pay his fine.

371193[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. Rovers must unite behind their captain, he simply said what everyone else was thinking. He stuck up for his clubs and now the club should return the honour.

Funny how the disciplinary committee failed to do anything about Gerrards malicious attack on Newcastle players two weeks ago or Crouch pushing over the Barcodes player.

Then yesterday both Gerrard and Sissoko stamp on players.

But hey, Ryan Nelsen made the ref cry, so lets charge him.

371116[/snapback]

what the chelsea aka blackburn bulliyboys...flying elbows ..

He's also from Bolton; too close for a person to be truly neutral.

371100[/snapback]

It's all obviousley part of the FA plan to make fans travel the longest distances over the holiday period and the poor refs the shortest!

Added to that the fact that Halsey comes from Bolton

371193[/snapback]

I have mentioned this in the past. He also uses their training facillites.

That in my eyes says Halsey should not be able to referee any games involving Rovers, United, City, Wigan on the basis of conflict of Interests.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.