GRAY

BENTLEY       

TUGAY     

SAVAGE       

PEDERSEN

GALLAGHER 

KUQI

377412[/snapback]

Why should Hughes leave Reidy out? Bentley would probably start instead of Peter, with Pedersen out left

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the sale of Butt last year, the departure of Keane and Young Plug Neville high tailing it to Everton, I'm surprised that RFW hasnt brought in a new top class central midfielder.

Also leaving OT recently from that position is Kleberson too. No biggy there though.

Edited by Esulx

If United play the midfield that is being reported - it will create an interesting dilema for Hughes. If he plays Tugay in the defensive midfield role, alongside Savage we will be sadly lacking pace in the centre of the midfield to counter Giggs or Rooney (when he drops deep).

I would be tempted to play a five man midfield (Peds/Savage/Tugay/Reid/Emerton) then play Bellamy or Kuqi up front (depending if Bellamy fit or not). This gives us plenty of options - but a little more cover for the defence. Obviously this can quickly become a 4-3-3 formation with Peds and Emerton being encouraged to get forward. I would actually play Reid a bit deeper for this game - as his pace would be a useful defensive attribute - and just encourage Tugay to roam and control the game.

Anyone doubting the use of Emerton should remember that some of his best performances (for whatever reason) have been against United. Though using Bentley wide right might improve the service to the front man.

I will be suprised if Hughes doesn't just stick to the same formula that has made us unbeaten in seven games.

If Bellamy is fit we are sorted and I guess will lineup exactly as we did a Ewood in the first leg (apart from maybe Zura instead of Todd at the back and Reid instead of Bentley).

If Bellamy isn't fit then we are a bit screwed but I am increasingly thinking that Ped will get a run out up front and Peter a start.

Leave well alone. Rovers have got a great system going and players are proving more and more interchangeable. Start with Saturday's XI replacing Dickov with Bellamey and Kuqi with Bentley and we'll be OK.

I think this rumour of RFW starting with Rooney, van Nistelrooyd and Saha is his mind game for this week. He knows as well as we do that we'll say ta very much for that line-up.

Leave well alone. Rovers have got a great system going and players are proving more and more interchangeable. Start with Saturday's XI replacing Dickov with Bellamey and Kuqi with Bentley and we'll be OK.

I think this rumour of RFW starting with Rooney, van Nistelrooyd and Saha is his mind game for this week. He knows as well as we do that we'll say ta very much for that line-up.

377516[/snapback]

biggrin.gif Speak for yourself.

No, I do know what your getting at but any team with Rooney, Saha and Van Nistelrooy in it is pretty damn dangerous. One advantage would be Tugay would get plenty of room to play his football. Is Park definately out?

I do think Bentley and Bellamy is the way to go for Rovers. Kuqi is an easy ride for the centre backs over 90 minutes, but coming on as sub he could cause them problems?! (I think I said them problems)

The more I think about it, the less I can see us winning. In my head I really can't see a scenario where we come out as winners. I just pray I'm wrong.

With that in mind I don't know who I want to win tonights semi final. If it's an Arsenal v Man Utd final, it's an extra league position for europe. If two teams already in europe then reach the FA Cup final then it'll be down to the top 7 getting UEFA Cup places.

Lets not forget that the "weak midfield" of Giggs, O shea, Fletcher & richardson kept Liverpools midfield at bay.

377521[/snapback]

O'Shea is out for 6 weeks.

Plus it didn't keep them at bay, Liverpool dominated them. Poor finishing (Cisse is absolutely useless) cost Liverpool, which is why we desperately need Bellamy fit.

With that in mind I don't know who I want to win tonights semi final. If it's an Arsenal v Man Utd final, it's an extra league position for europe.

377522[/snapback]

Doesn't matter who gets to the final as long as Rovers win it biggrin.gif

Seriously - the UEFA Cup spot doesn't go to the runners up in league/cola cup if the winners have already qualified via league placing for UEFA or Champs Greed League. This will go to the premier league.

Paul Gallagher will NOT be cup-tied if they recall him from Stoke. He played in the FA Cup but not in the League Cup.

Sky Sports reporting a doubt over Craig Bellamy's fitness

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=35...;+Bellamy+worry

www.rovers.co.uk are saying that he may not be risked from the start

Edited by Esulx

Criminey's! It's bad enough that we have to go INTO Old Trafford needing a win to advance but now we'll be going in with our 3rd and 4th choice strikers (Kuqi-Bentley).

Let's just hope our midfield maestro's can supply the scoring because I'm guessing Kuqi qill be the lone striker with Bentley hanging behind...

Man, the confidence level has just plummetted...

Still holding out for a 1-0 smash-and-grab for the blue & White halves...Kuqi to score in the 85th minute as he trips over his own feet knocking Van der Sar back and the ball rolls into the goal...works for me!!!

Criminey's!  It's bad enough that we have to go INTO Old Trafford needing a win to advance but now we'll be going in with our 3rd and 4th choice strikers (Kuqi-Bentley). 

Let's just hope our midfield maestro's can supply the scoring because I'm guessing Kuqi qill be the lone striker with Bentley hanging behind...

Man, the confidence level has just plummetted...

Still holding out for a 1-0 smash-and-grab for the blue & White halves...Kuqi to score in the 85th minute as he trips over his own feet knocking Van der Sar back and the ball rolls into the goal...works for me!!!

377543[/snapback]

Don't need just a win fella!

1-1 = penalties

2-2 = Rovers win!

though one would be nice! rover.gif

Greggy, if they go 2-1 up in extra time or the 2nd half, they'll go on to win  3-1.

377553[/snapback]

Nope! 1-1 Full time! no golden/silver goal so 2-2 at end of extra time=Rovers win!

EDIT... Doh always help to read the post fully eh? Yeah your probably right, but did we not equalise last time and went on to win when they equalised at OT?

Edited by Rovers Air Force

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.