BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mancs V Rovers Carling Cup Second Leg

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes to call back Gally in time FOR Wednesday?

A ROVERS RETURN BY GALLAGHER

That'll scare Fergie!!!  biggrin.gif   sad.gif

377401[/snapback]

If he gets the opportunity to play, I'm imagining he'll come out all guns blazing, as this will be his chance to prove he is part of the big plan!

Go Gally Go Go Go Go!

Edited by Tony Diamond Inc

Any more news on Bellers for tomorrow? If he is out, I think we'll play:

FRIEDEL

NEILL

ZURAB

NELSEN

GRAY

BENTLEY

TUGAY

SAVAGE

PETER

PEDERSEN

KUQI

Or if Gally comes back...

FRIEDEL

NEILL

ZURAB

NELSEN

GRAY

BENTLEY

TUGAY

SAVAGE

PEDERSEN

GALLAGHER

KUQI

The cheapest of cheap places in the city centre with a warm, friendly and inviting atmosphere is Sinclairs Oyster Bar in Exchange Square right next to the big wheel. It's an old Tudor pub and they sell really REALLY good cheap beer. Just round the corner up past the Printworks and behind the Arndale Shopping Centre is The Northern Quarter. The bars here are a bit pricey, but they've got great music playing and some top birds and this is where I normally hang out (after getting trashed in Sinclairs). You get what you pay for basically. Best bars are Rodeo, Socio Rehab, Odd, The Bay Horse, Cord and Common. There are usually live bands on in the Night and Day on Oldham Street though I'm not sure about Wednesday night. For a cheap club night out on Wednesdays, check out 42nd Street on Deansgate near the AMC Cinemas. They play Indie old and new with double vodka and red bulls available for a mere 1 pound and 50 pence. I just hope we'll have cause to celebrate in all these places after the game!

I live here in Manchester now but God do I miss a night out in the Burn. Jazzy Keks was my haunt back in the day. I remember in the summers a guy used to do a BBQ outside there all night. Does that still happen?

377371[/snapback]

Brainfreeze, yes the bbq guy is still doing a roaring trade up jazzy's, he's even been there during the cold winter nights, as well. You have got to get to jazzy's early nowadays, otherwise you heading for a long wait to get in.

Anyway, I recomend this bar in Manchester, Corbieres on half moon st (half a mile from Victoria station). Best jukebox in Manchester and a good pint too, bar snacks also available

wot do folk on her think of rossi?

my manky scum mate thinks he world class but i cant see wot he is seeing!!

i watched his in the f.a.cup matches and away from home he done sweet f.a. and fair enough in the replay he done alright but both games he was only playing against part timers!!

think maybe a future player but not just yet.

he could just fade away with ruud, saha, rooney, ole prob all in front of him.

think rossi may take part on weds, hope neil snaps him in 3, he is only about 4ft tall. laugh.gif

Some sites say Smith is out, others don't.

I really hope he is .... the more unavailable to them the better.

A midfield of:

Fletcher Giggs Richardson A N Other

doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of the opposition.

Also, no articles confirming Bellamy's absenteeism ... maybe no news is good news. Let's hope so.

Edited by MarkAtkins'BaldPatch

I think a lot of us Southern based fans are going to the game, so not sure about London pub, check with Tris

376640[/snapback]

Don't know about anyone meeting up tomorrow in London - I'll be at Old Trafford (block 333)

Edited by Tris

Latest News:

"Rovers are boosted by the news that Todd, Bellamy and Bentley are all in the squad for tomorrow's Carling Cup tie. Paul Dickov is expected to be out for 4-6 weeks".

Personally I'd like Zurab to retain his place instead of bringing Toddy back.

In addition, word out of OT is that along with Scholes, Smith and O'Shea are out of Wednesday's match too.

Who else have they got to fill the midfield roles alongside Giggs and Fletcher? Maybe bring Rooney back there with Saha and Rudd White Van up front???

Man Utd will be something along the lines of:

Van der Saar

Neville, Ferdinand, Brown, Evra

Giggs, Rooney, Fletcher, Richardson

van Nistelrooy, Saha.

377492[/snapback]

Anyone thinking that is a weak midfield - think again. It might be WEAKER, but not weak.

Man Utd will be something along the lines of:

Van der Saar

Neville, Ferdinand, Brown, Evra

Giggs, Rooney, Fletcher, Richardson

van Nistelrooy, Saha.

377492[/snapback]

We can easily out fight that in the middle of the park!

It will be a case of trying not to get hurt when they do get the ball which will be the problem.

Is anybody else still amazed that RFW still hasn't bought a central midfielder? I mean they have needed one for about threeyears now, even more so since Keane left. Beggers belief.

The noises coming out of OT say that money is available for one top class midfield signing in the transfer window and another again in the summer. I'm sure that problem will be sorted soon, luckily for us not in time for this game though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.