BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mancs V Rovers Carling Cup Second Leg

If Bellamy is out, I strongly suspect that Hughes will resist the temptation to put MGP up front, but rather opt for Bentley. It's a huge blow if bellamy isn't fit because Bentley just isn't posing anywhere near the threat that he should be when playing up front.

377158[/snapback]

Do the rules that stipulate a loaned player can't play against the team that holds his registration in the PL extend to the League Cup? What if, as expected Arsenal go through on Tuesday and he wouldn't be eligible for the final. Can you see Bentley busting a gut at OT to get us through to a final that he can't play in. Just a thought...

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just been checking out tickets...

only just 3000 sold...we have returned some of the allocation given mad.gif

377245[/snapback]

sorted out my ticket at 1515hrs tonigh...asked how many we'd sold...told about 3000, when I asked how many we'd returned she did not know but we had definately returned some...looks like they round it up to the nearest 100 or so and return the rets for manc sales on day,

on the phone this morning i was told by someone at the ticket office that we had taken our extra 3000 tickets,,,i was going to get my tickets tommorow but though i better get them today(as was thinking the 6000 must of gone/nearly gone)had to take half a day of work to get back to blackburn only to be told we have sold just over 3000,thought we would of matched the wigan following atleast

As near as possible, in a safe place and not too expensive !

377298[/snapback]

Well, I'm not sure about safe (as in with loads of Man U fans about!) but you can park at Lancy cricket club - I think it might cost a few bob though. Then it's about a half mile walk to the stadium.

To do that you go all the way down the A56 (Bury New Road). The traffic will be bad anyway so the easiest route is to carry straight on into Manchester along Deansgate and out the other side along Bridgewater Way. Carry on and when you see a BMW/Mini showroom at a junction take the left onto the A5014 and follow the road. I think the cricket ground is signposted but it's on the A5014. I work around there at the moment and loads of the offices offer parking as well but the cricket ground seems well organised

Does not the A56 also come into Manchester from the Cheshire direction, through Altrincham ?

377300[/snapback]

Ah - the dangers of assumption...!

Yes, it's probably the Chester Road. I don't come that way but from memory you can go along the Chester Road until you get near OT (with all those Man U chippies on the left and a Ford dealership) and then turn right and that takes you down to the A5014 and the cricket club. Loads of car parks down there

I presume if you are going to park on the multi-storey at the Lowry you're better getting there early and near the exit as it'll be a nightmare getting off with everyone else.

Anyone done it?

377284[/snapback]

we parked on the gravel one just infront of the multi storey one, straight away when we got to car, and this was for a sell out game

Does not the A56 also come into Manchester from the Cheshire direction, through Altrincham ?

377300[/snapback]

Yes it does. And it goes within about 50m of OT. By some amazing co-incidence either direction takes you within almost exactly the same distance from OT. Suggest you sit in the back of the car, poke Matron with your walking stick giving directions. When she breaks down sobbing, park up, slap your disabled badge on the dashboard and Bob's your uncle.

Take some sandwiches, your Des O'Connor tapes and possibly your insulin and Sanatogen for the way out because that'll be the slow bit.

The cheapest of cheap places in the city centre with a warm, friendly and inviting atmosphere is Sinclairs Oyster Bar in Exchange Square right next to the big wheel. It's an old Tudor pub and they sell really REALLY good cheap beer. Just round the corner up past the Printworks and behind the Arndale Shopping Centre is The Northern Quarter. The bars here are a bit pricey, but they've got great music playing and some top birds and this is where I normally hang out (after getting trashed in Sinclairs). You get what you pay for basically. Best bars are Rodeo, Socio Rehab, Odd, The Bay Horse, Cord and Common. There are usually live bands on in the Night and Day on Oldham Street though I'm not sure about Wednesday night. For a cheap club night out on Wednesdays, check out 42nd Street on Deansgate near the AMC Cinemas. They play Indie old and new with double vodka and red bulls available for a mere 1 pound and 50 pence. I just hope we'll have cause to celebrate in all these places after the game!

I live here in Manchester now but God do I miss a night out in the Burn. Jazzy Keks was my haunt back in the day. I remember in the summers a guy used to do a BBQ outside there all night. Does that still happen?

Edited by Brainfreeze

There is another semi-final second leg tonight but there is zero press coverage about it.

Come on Wigan!!!!

377380[/snapback]

Hear hear, Phil - up the Latics! Down the Arse!

or something like that.

At least Thommo will be ineligible for the final against us.

I'm hoping against hope that Hughesey has a cunning plan for tomorrow evening - but then again, things are already sooooo different from all those times in the past where we would definitely be going to the theatre of Glazed eyeballs as lambs to the slaughter.

So come on you mighty (if slightly underdoggy) BLUES! rover.gifrover.gifrover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.