BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mancs V Rovers Carling Cup Second Leg

I can't have the same amount of tension that the wigan fans must've gone through last night!!

Im hoping that Rovers score early doors then get a second before half time. Dreaming a bit there...

Still - Ive said it before - SAV IS DUE A GOAL...

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ, we really do suffer from almost scouse levels of paranoia as a club don't we. I didn't see the penalty decisions tonight but, guys, get a grip. The FL will not be plotting against us, it will be a game of football.

Were the powers that be in cohorts with Mark Hughes when the Ped slam dunked a goal against Newcastle last weekend? Or in the soft sending off of nakata the previous week end?

Get a hold of yourselves for godsake!

377729[/snapback]

just you wait just you wait wink.gif

Its not Paranoia if they are out to get you dry.gifph34r.gif

We don't need to win, we just need to score and defend well. If we can get an early goal and hold on to the lead for as long as possible, then even if they equalise we get an extra half hour to score a goal that will count double. If it goes to penalties then thats probably no bad thing, it would perhaps represent our best chance.

With the news that Wigan are in the final, tonight is one of the biggest games in my time as a Rover. C'mon boys!!

I have got the Answer!

Tomorrow (Thursday Australian time) is Australia day. Get Emerton and Neill to sing the Australian National anthem before the game, they'll think it's an international, they'll both play blinders, score a couple of goals a piece and we'll all be happy.

Lee, Lee Grooby.... get'em told.

That's a good point jp. But Tommo will still be cup-tied because of his cameo appearance at Charlton with screamer goal.

And won't it be amusing Arsenal sitting out a blank week-end because we are in the Final?

Dreams.....

PS My link on the previous page works now, I hope!

I am soooooooo nervous about this game, i love it when we get to watch Rovers in big games, but i juts hate the pre-match tension.

A win would be great, no, it would excellent. I wouldn't mind another trip to Cardiff.lol.

It would be great if Sav got the winner, it would serve them right for saying he wouldn't make it to a high level in the game.

PS My link on the previous page works now, I hope!

377765[/snapback]

Ya. Thanks Philipl.

The article is nicely understated and actually points to a much deeper level of strategy and science underpinning Rovers tactics on the pitch these days, especially when compared to the neanderthal tactical nous of a certain Newcastle incumbent!

Unfortunately I'll have to endure the usual Irish taunts this evening as I can't get over to the game, and even in the wild west (of Eire) there is still a strong affinity to the Mancs. 'S OK though - plenty of Guinness and my crash helmet should see me through : ph34r.gif

Anyway, Go Rovers Go! rover.gifrover.gifrover.gifrover.gif

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=35...;+Bellamy+worry

bellamys best bet maybe on the bench, if he can't play the full match its probably best to have him on in the later stages.

hopeffully he will start though and run riot from beginning to end

were all going to cardiff!!! were all going to cardiff!!! la la la la!!! la la la la!!!! biggrin.gif

easy easy easy easy rover.gif

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=35...;+Bellamy+worry

bellamys best bet maybe on the bench, if he can't play the full match its probably best to have him on in the later stages.

hopeffully he will start though and run riot from beginning to end

were all going to cardiff!!! were all going to cardiff!!! la la la la!!! la la la la!!!! biggrin.gif

easy easy easy easy rover.gif

377782[/snapback]

If Bellamy is fit , I'd expect to see Kuqi on the bench with Bentley supporting him.

Same team as saturday except Todd for Zurab, Bentley and Bellamy for Kuqi and Dickov.

We'll win 1-0.

BBC Radio 5 Live have just rung BRISA wanting a preview on the game.

Should be on around 11.15am.

377777[/snapback]

What a waste of time that interview was!

I think Hughes should play the wigan players comments about wanting Man Utd in the final to motivate the lads even more.

If United score first, it's not all bad-we still have got to score at least one anyway.

But we HAVE to score, so I think Hughes will go for it tactically and formation wise.

Anyone meeting up in town first?

377795[/snapback]

Your right Oz, even if United score first its not the end, how good have we been on comebacks so far this season? Charlton, West H... I hope i dont tempt fate.

That's why I'm not really sure exactly why a lot of the pundits I hear talking are making a big deal out of the away goal united have. Let's face it, if it goes to extra time and it is 0-0 we'll be putting in such an effort to score that a goal will go in at one of the ends, so it is very unlikely that they will win on the away goals rule, much more likely that we do after a 2-2 draw or something like that though.

not wishing to dampen the spirits, bellamy is only fit enough to be sub tonight (that's unless he's had a lazarus style recovery over night). dry.gif

made it harder but i'm still pretty confident.

todd back, sergio wide left and ped upfront.

lets rock the place like we always do!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.