BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mancs V Rovers Carling Cup Second Leg

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if ManU is weak in the midfield due to injuries, and our strike force is injured, this match almost begs for us to play a compact ball-holding style.  After all a 0-0 gets us through.  Although ManU has got a lot of firepower in the front line, if they have to drop back and get the ball themselves, I'm not overly worried about the attack.

I guess I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4-5-1 today, with reid, toogs and sav all in the middle disrupting any midfield possession ManU try to string together.  I'd rather not see it, but I can understand that thought, especially late in the match if we are up or its still 0-0.  I'm thinking that the Axe might figure in this one...

377887[/snapback]

The logic for this would be perfect, except that a 0-0 score will see us knocked out on the away goals rule (after extra time). We have to score at least once to win...

The logic for this would be perfect, except that a 0-0 score will see us knocked out on the away goals rule (after extra time). We have to score at least once to win...

377888[/snapback]

Yeah I agree we have to go out attacking tonight - maybe not right from the off though.

I've got £2 on Bellamy to score first and Rovers to win 2-0. 275/1 seemed too good to resist. rover.gif

I'm not exactly brimming with confidence for this one with our options up front being so limited - I can see Bellamy playing at some stage and making his injury worse. I really have to wonder how we've ended up stretched so thin on the attacking front. If Jansen had stuck around he may have found himself getting some football after all in Dickov's absence.

really have to wonder how we've ended up stretched so thin on the attacking front.

377902[/snapback]

Kuqi, Bentley, Dickov and Bellamy thats four players who "can play" up front, we dont need more in terms of numbers, we need quality. Just bad luck that Dickov got injured.

My money is on Pedersen to come up with the goods. Just when things look tough MGP will come through and smack one in.

Go Rovers Go - this is going to be a good night. tinykit.gif

i think

united

Van der sar

evra,            brown,      ferdinand,      neville

giggs,                  fletcher              richardson

rooney

RVN            saha

377913[/snapback]

I hope you are right, I think we destroy that team in the middle of the park, rooney rvn and saha get very frustrated with the lack of play and start commiting fouls... I'd say we'd see at least 2 yellows to their strikers if that's the case

Kuqi, Bentley, Dickov and Bellamy thats four players who "can play" up front, we dont need more in terms of numbers, we need quality. Just bad luck that Dickov got injured.

377908[/snapback]

Really an Premership team should have five strikers, three of whom are squad players and two who are top class. We only have the one top class and he is only sporadically fit.

Come on Blues tonight !!!

If anyones going and we are looking like we've going to win, get the song going...

'Can we have, can we have - can we have your hotel room, can we have your hotel room!' etc

OR

'Your goin to lose your deposits... lose your deposits

Your goin to lose your deposits... etc'

Ticket office say just under 4000 sold.

That will do - lets make some serious noise!!

377894[/snapback]

Go for it Hughesy - this can make the difference. 2-1 Rovers, Peders and Bellamy at the death.

C'mon you Blues !!

BRFC-- NYC Branch will forsake another dreary day behind the ol' desk &

wade into the heart of the Manure Supporters Club for a handful of Pints at Nevada Smith's on 3rd. avenue to throw everything behind the halves this afternoon. Lads, have a wonderful time & be in fine voice !

tinykit.gif

It's not a night for playing young kids like Peter or trying new formations like Pedersen up front with Kuqi. If Bellamy is fit he should start, if he isn't play five in midfield- Emerton,Reid,Tugay,Savage,Pedersen with Bentley up front on his own.

We need somebody up front who can hold onto the ball and let the midfield get forward, it's no good just having Kuqi up on his own , the ball will just come straight back at us.We need to pass our way out not just hammer it from back to front.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.