BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mancs V Rovers Carling Cup Second Leg

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone with doubts, THAT information came from the training ground, Bellamy pulled up 5 minutes into the game versus bolton and will not be risked.

Its so sad if it is to be believed as I really thought Rovers could win the match sad.gif

377110[/snapback]

Bellamy didn't come on until 71 minutes and he certainly didn't pull up at any point that I can recall. It's the little inaccuracies, like he didn't start against Bolton, that make me doubt the whole story.

Whats it like gettin away from Old trafford on the trams? Do they put extra trams on that are double-headed and is it a really a popular mode of transport or do people prefer to use their cars?

Ive got a train to catch at manchester Oxford road at 23.15. I plan to catch the tram to st peters square and then leg it to the station. Reckon i would make it? rover.gif

Now then, approaching Manchester on the A56, which is the best way to go ??

377293[/snapback]

Jim, I'm not taking the mick when I say I'm really surprised to see you asking that.

Anyway.......my experience of going to OT is simply to get as close as you feel comfortable with walking. There are plenty of signed, safe car parks for about £5. Post match traffic isn't much of a problem in my experience, we often get home from OT quicker than from Ewood, certainly no longer. Just goes to show what decent infrastructure can do.

If you are coming from the Altrincham direction I know a lot of United fans park in Altrincham and take the tram in to the game. Secondly I would not use the A56 Chester Road as it's not that big. I would go round the M60, in through Trafford Park, follow the signs to OT and then park on the Trafford Park side of the ground. The traffic will clear pretty quickly after the game as the roads are big and relatively free of other traffic at that time of night.

Whats it like gettin away from Old trafford on the trams? Do they put extra trams on that are double-headed and is it a really a popular mode of transport or do people prefer to use their cars?

Ive got a train to catch at manchester Oxford road at 23.15. I plan to catch the tram to st peters square and then leg it to the station. Reckon i would make it? rover.gif

377583[/snapback]

If it doesnt go into pens youll be fine.

If it does, leg it!! Tram from Pomona is probably quicker, than from Old Traff, just.

Check the metrolink website for maps of how to get there from OT, tis a piece of cake.

So glad to hear that! If anybody is our bogey team its Arsenal. I think we would fancy it against Wigan.

Just the small issue of United first though... I really have no idea about this game. Us receiving a thrashing, us dealing out a thrashing, penalties, a tight win/loss all seem possible.

I have no love of Wigan whatsoever after the New Years Eve fiasco at their place but well done tonight because the arrogance of Arsenal deserves nothing but elimination from the completion.

If you play a weakend side throughout the competition you deserve to be eliminated and that’s happened so well done Wigan.

Pleased for Wigan, but most importantly, it sticks two fingers up at the F.A for their blatant attempts to rig the final for Man Utd and Arsenal.

Anything other than a Wigan win would have been an injustice, given the blatant penalties turned down!

EDIT : Oops, should have posted that in the other Carling Cup thread. Ermm...........come on you Rovers! Beat Man Utd! Yeah!

Edited by percy

I'm quietly confident.

United 0 - 1 Rovers

Savage to score late on.

Last train at 23.08 from Victoria....

377564[/snapback]

Hell yes! I've got to drive back o Peterborough that night to start wok at 0700hrs on thursday morning!!!

Early finish, with a good result will make the 3hr journey go in no time!

ARE YOU KIDDING???? Two clubs with average gates of 45,000 between them, driving 200+miles to cardiff and filling a 70,000+ stadium on a sunday with the match on TV and probably starting at 1030am because no big culbs are in it? Between us we'd probably get 55-60K and 60-70% would be lattics sad.gif

Edited by Rovers Air Force

Its the Football League not the FA, however

I would like to state that I expect Rovers to be prevented from going to Cardiff, a dictact from upstairs will have been made ensuring that at least one of the "big teams" will make it

What chance a last minute penalty from a blatent dive to get Utd through.

You heard it here second

If we get screwed out of this game tonight, i for one will be making a complaint to the referee's board and the football league. We know that thye want at least Manure in the final now for sure, they do not want a Latics Rovers final, it would kill the cup off in their eyes.

Hopefully it will not come down to that, with Bellamy, we can beat Manure but we need the whole side to have a excellent game, i'd rather us win this match tonight and play an weakened side v the Hammers, just so we can get to Cardiff, so what i'm saying is that this is the wrong time to be resting Bellamy, eve if he isn't fully fit. You only get one shot at this, and we have to make the most of it.

United are there for the taking.

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Howard, Neville, Ferdinand, Brown, Silvestre, Vidic, Pique, Evra, Fletcher, Giggs, Richardson, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Saha, Rossi.

Blackburn (from): Friedel, Neill, Khizanishvili, Nelsen, Matteo, Bentley, Tugay, Savage, Pedersen, Kuqi, Enckelman, Emerton, Bellamy, Gray, Peter, Todd, Reid

If we get screwed out of this game tonight, i for one will be making a complaint to the referee's board and the football league. We know that thye want at least Manure in the final now for sure, they do not want a Latics Rovers final, it would kill the cup off in their eyes.

377720[/snapback]

Christ, we really do suffer from almost scouse levels of paranoia as a club don't we. I didn't see the penalty decisions tonight but, guys, get a grip. The FL will not be plotting against us, it will be a game of football.

Were the powers that be in cohorts with Mark Hughes when the Ped slam dunked a goal against Newcastle last weekend? Or in the soft sending off of nakata the previous week end?

Get a hold of yourselves for godsake!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.