BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mancs V Rovers Carling Cup Second Leg

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to need a supreme effort from us to get through, but I reckon we can do it. Utd are missing key players and will be tired after busting a gut against Liverpool while Bellers will be fresh for us.

A bigquestion mark is who to play up with Bellers. I can't imagine Kuqi causing Brown and Fedinand too many problems. The other options would be Pedersen or Bentley. Who knows?

My guess at the team:

Bellers      Bentley

Pedersen      Tugay      Savage    Reid

Gray          Nelsen      Todd      Niell

Friedel

Subs:  Enckleman, Zurab, Emerton, Peter, Kuqi

I have a sneaky feeling Rovers are going to turn up in ballaclavas and stripey shirts and go for the smash and grab here...

My guess at the team would be one of these two....

Friedel

Neill Todd Nelsen Gray

Reid Savage Tugay Pedersen

Bentley Kuqi

Or....

Friedel

Neill Todd Nelsen Gray

Mokoena

Reid Savage Tugay Pedersen

Kuqi

Either way I think Bellamy will be on the bench and will be used as a secret (or not so) weapon to try and nick it for us late on. It is very dangerous tactics, and I hope we don't use them, but I have a feeling we might.

This one is in the lap of the Gods - but Hughes does seem to have that "lucky manager" feel to him that is so essential for a top manager.

There have been a number of times when I thought that Rovers would fall into old routines - Middlesborough away - two wins - we never do that, Newcastle away we never win there .....

Win at Old Trafford twice in the same season - well you just never know huh.gif

I picked up that Bellars didn't train last week. But then again, how often have we found out that he did his hamstrings during training?

Hopefully, the Mancs have got their soft last minute goal out of the way in that very low key encounter with Liverpool yesterday.

The loss of Dickov is huge- the lazy Rio cannot stand his work rate. Not having Bellamy would be a massive loss.

Still for all his detractors, Kuqi made yet another goal yesterday and there are certain circumstances in which even the best defenders cannot stop him- ask John Terry!

If he had been fit, the starting line-up would have been Bentley and Bellamy but a Bentley/ Kuqi front line is a recipe for praying for miracles (or MGP/Kuqi).

Otherwise I would go for the same back line and midfield we had against Newcastle.

Incidentally, wasn't Neville a disgrace against the scousers? I hope the Rovers support get at him on Wednesday night!

Edited by philipl

The Lowry shopping centre.  Not sure how much it is but I think it's about £5.  Not too far to walk and the best place to park for getting away after plus it's safe.

377050[/snapback]

when i went to england v poland it was £3 on the gravel car park at the side of the lowrys, was home within 50minutes ohmy.gif

For anyone with doubts, THAT information came from the training ground, Bellamy pulled up 5 minutes into the game versus bolton and will not be risked.

377110[/snapback]

Will not be risked!!! This is our best chance of winning something this season - surely its better to risk him in this match than than rest him for the FA CUp match and subsequent league matches. Its time for him to deliver something of importance to us.

Bellamy missed a few days training last week but i believe he was in training at the later end of the week.

I think a little mind games might be going on. I hope to god that he isnt missing on wednesday.

Keep the faith. Cardiff 2006!!

Bellamy missing, f*****g hell. We have no chance. I even have my doubts with him playing, but for god sake, how many times those he get injured. His hamstrings are like loose guitar strings, in other words they are buggered.

I cannot see Kuqi with Bently/MGP/Johnson causing Rio and Brown any trouble.

Anyone up for bringing Gallagher back from Stoke?

we would be doomed without bellamy and dickov

kuqi and johnson ohmy.gif

377128[/snapback]

im prayin that sparks is tryin to psych-out rfw,if he is playin cat and mouse with rfw,i hope it doesnt back-fire on us! blink.gif

IF he is injured we have a massive uphill battle,but it can be done tongue.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.