BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Madness From Mcclaren

The vast number of Rovers fans who booed Carson and Barry tonight are complete numpties. Carson got put in for his first competitive appearance in Englands biggest pressure game since Portugal in the World Cup. Barry was one of the reasons England had a purple patch of form (three 3-0 wins) at the start of the season. Booing them was bandwagon jumping just because it's 'trendy'. If it was some of the players who have played every game including the key dissapointing ones (Gerrard, Joe Cole etc...) I 'might' understand. But tonight was just plain sad.

Anyone care to name themselves and explain why. It certainly didnt put them off their game cos Carson hardly put a foot wrong and Barry played very well.

Edited by Hasta

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vast number of Rovers fans who booed Carson and Barry tonight are complete numpties.

It was downright embarassing. I just hope we aren't going to have to put up with this every time an England player comes to Ewood. Still Carson made three good saves to keep Villa in the game at 0-0 so he got his revenge. Lot of good the booing did.

Here goes... personally I didn't boo Carson and Barry but for the sake of Debate;

Carson's poor performance cost us a place in Euro 2008. One goal was the difference between us in or out of the tournament and a well paid, skilled professional player conceded that one goal that my Grandma could have kept out.

Barry made the mistake for at least one of Croatia's goals and against Croatia and Russia (6 points lost) was one of the poorer players - big games where basically he and the rest of the big time Charlies didn't perform.

Let’s be clear all the money that goes into football ends up in these guys pockets, so they get our support financially not that it even crosses their mind. They were poor and let the country down so in these days where winners get knighthoods why shouldn't losers get booed and jeered...

It’s not my fault we live in a pantomime society, personally I blame reality TV. On a serious note though I think this is a symptom of the growing divide between fans and players and if the divide continues to widen then the impact can only be negative.

Not sure if it's an attempt to get Curbishley out of the West Ham job. I did think it was noteworthy that clever Trevor wants someone who is currently west Ham manager, sounds a bit too close to home to me.

But in any case, he's bloody useless. You don't need to set fire to his wife's dress to see that.

Not sure if it's an attempt to get Curbishley out of the West Ham job. I did think it was noteworthy that clever Trevor wants someone who is currently west Ham manager, sounds a bit too close to home to me.

But in any case, he's bloody useless. You don't need to set fire to his wife's dress to see that.

I've never heard of Jimmy Mullin for yonks. Wonder what he's up to?

Predictably, the FA moved yesterday to deny the rumours of a rift between Barwick and Brooking and Brooking denied he had expressed any specific support for Curbishley or indeed any candidate.

In this particular instance, I think it's a case of no smoke without fire. If it wasn't so serious it'd be laughable. How can an organisation get it so consistently wrong?

First of all we end up with ginger Sven, now, with people like Mourinho and Capello floating, about it appears a hugely influential FA figure favours Curbishley because of the West 'am connection! :angry:

Carson's poor performance cost us a place in Euro 2008. One goal was the difference between us in or out of the tournament and a well paid, skilled professional player conceded that one goal that my Grandma could have kept out.

No, Englands dismal qualifying campaign cost you a place in Euro 2008. Carson made one mistake, better keepers the world over have made the same or worse.

There was an interview last night on Talksport with Adrian Bevington the Director of Communications at the FA which was a complete farce.

He used the phrase "in an ideal world" about a dozen times and his stock answer for practically every question was "In an ideal world we'd obviously like to do x. y, and z but we're not ruling anything out at this stage"

He was even asked "Doesn't the new man appointed really have to be able to speak English to communicate with the players?"

Cue stock answer: "in an ideal world we'd like to be able to appoint someone who speaks English but there's been a history of peole moving abroad and being successful in the past so we're not ruling anything out."

The only vaguely straight answer he gave was about Harry Redknapp.

"Has all the recent speculation about Harry ruled him out of the running?"

"No"

Which again came into the "We're not ruling anything out at this stage" category rather than an unequivocal show of support for Redknapp.

God help us.

In contrast to Bevington, everybody reading the papers today knows the next England manager is Jose Mourinho.

Mourinho has played the press like a violin and the momentum he is building for his candidacy is blowing all the other contenders out of contention with a force that the Soho Square ditherers are incapable of resisting.

Even to the extent that Shearer is being killed on the not fit to manage Newcastle angle (which he isn't- his appointment at St James' would be good news for clubs like the Rovers for whom an Allardyce-organised Newcastle when his technical changes work through will be a big threat). The other non-British candidates are being made to look like distant pygmies whilst Martin O'Neill's bashfulness is simply being steam rollered.

Mourinho manifesto, or everything for everyone who has a stakeholding in the England manager decision. Funny thing is, he'll probably do what he says he will.

I've always thought Paul Ince was an intellectual derelict, and this is confirmation.

From the BBC .......

"Former England international Paul Ince says it is a "sad indictment of us as a nation" that the FA is consulting so many foreigners about who should be England boss, and would re-appoint Glenn Hoddle or Terry Venables (Times)."

Certain journos on Sky this morning have intimated that Jose has signed a pre-contract deal with ACMilan and that all the FA job has been smoke and mirrors.

I had not heard about the pre contract agreement but there are some that suspected Mourihno was doing this to force the hand of one of the big clubs in Europe. Of course the FA have Drug their feet long enough to let this happen. We will see. Looking at Chelsea early on is/was Jose really the man for the job? Don't know.

Mourinho has just ruled himself out of the running for the England job.

Another great what might have been screwed by the lumbering FA. I an sure talking to John Tossack was more important than talking to Mourinho.

I wonder how Brian Barwick's Italian is for talking to Cappelo or Lippi?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.