SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Battle Of 4th, 5th, 6th Position

Modi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4th is looking increasingly out of reach, L'Arse are on fire!

395491[/snapback]

arsenal have produced the goods in quite a few matches this season though, which is why their goal difference is so high. however they are prone to slip up, especially away from highbury, and we just have to make sure we're there to pounce if and when they do.

i'd like to think milan and/or barca will stand between them, the european cup and us having literally zero chance of chamions league qualification due to there only being three spots. hopefully theyll face one of those teams and they should run them ragged over two legs.

4th is looking increasingly out of reach, L'Arse are on fire!

395491[/snapback]

Yes, but remember after they thumped Boro 7-0 they promptly went out and lost to Everton and 3 of 4 overall. If we hold serve on Monday, their schedule gets a bit tougher. United away, City away and Spurs at home in their next 4 games.

Keep the faith.

Results have really fallen our way today...we MUST take advantage on monday if we are to have any hope of 4th.

C'mon!!!!!!

i'd like to think milan and/or barca will stand between them, the european cup and us having literally zero chance of chamions league qualification due to there only being three spots. hopefully theyll face one of those teams and they should run them ragged over two legs.

395493[/snapback]

Unfortunately, the semi-final has already been drawn...if Arsenal go through they will play the Inter-Villareal winner, which is definitely the weaker half of the draw, with Barca & Milan in the other half.

Yes, but remember after they thumped Boro 7-0 they promptly went out and lost to Everton and 3 of 4 overall. If we hold serve on Monday, their schedule gets a bit tougher. United away, City away and Spurs at home in their next 4 games.

Keep the faith.

Results have really fallen our way today...we MUST take advantage on monday if we are to have any hope of 4th.

C'mon!!!!!!

395496[/snapback]

I'm still behind the Rovers, obviously, but it's a worrying run of form they've put together. The United game will be the big test for them - are they just steamrolling poor sides? Time will tell.

As for Rovers, the Wigan game is a big test for us - we need to win it, no if, buts or maybes. I've not been impressed with our play of late (impressed with the results, but not the performances), but if we can get past Wigan with our CL bid unscathed then we've got as good a chance as anyone I suppose. Chelski look wobbly, shame we're not playing them anytime soon eh? wink.gif

It looks more within our reach now then it did at the start of the day.

395507[/snapback]

I think the picture has been cleared up somewhat today, it's between us and L'Arse. Spurs have been wobbling for a few games now and they've been on the end of a thrashing today, that can't be good for confidence. Bolton are pretty much out of it I feel, they've got a very tough run in.

I feel we're somehow going to have to get something out of the Chelski and Liverpool games, which is a very tough ask. Still at worst Europe looks likely biggrin.gif

rovers:

wigan (H) win - 3pts

portsmouth (A) win - 6pts

liverpool (H) lose - 6pts

birmingham (A) win - 9pts

chelsea (H) lose - 9pts

charlton (A) draw - 10 pts

man city (H) win - 13 pts

add to current total 65 pts

spurs:

west brom (h) win - 3pts

newcastle (a) draw - 4pts

man city (h) win - 7pts

everton (a) draw - 8pts

man u (h) lose - 8pts

arsenal (a) draw - 9pts

bolton (h) win - 12pts

west ham (a) draw - 13pts

add to current total 65 pts

bolton:

middlesbrough (a) draw - 1pt

man u (h) lose - 1pt

birmingham (a) - win 4pts

liverpool (a) - lose 4pts

chelsea (h) - lose 4pts

WBA (a) - win 7pts

charlton (h) - win 10pts

spurs (a) - lose 10pts

birmingham (h) - win 13 pts

boro (h) - win 16 pts

add to current total 64 pts .... but the number of games could take its toll...

arsenal:

villa (h) win - 3pts

man u (a) lose - 3pts

WBA (h) win - 6pts

man city (a) - draw 7pts

spurs (h) - draw 8pts

sunderland (a) - win 11 pts

wigan (h) - win 14 pts

portsmouth (a) - draw (due to champions league involvement resting players etc) 15 pts

add to current total 65pts

these were my predictions after the sunderland game.

this is my basis for how the season will go in my eyes, i had all four teams finishing pretty much neck and neck, so anything which strays from here will now either be beneficial or harmful towards our chances depending. i tried to be fair with rovers...but now i feel we could get points at home to liverpool and/or chelsea, however we will do very well to win both the brum and portsmouth games...so it just about levels out.

still, spurs' projected total for me goes down to 64 points and bolton's to 63 points (after the boro loss), while arsenal's 5-0 thrashing was neither good or bad according to my predictions.

I heard that Fabregas was taken off with an injury in the 15th minute? Anyone know if it was serious? Or was Wenger being cautious with CL looming mid-week? With the games they've got coming it could be a big blow for them if it's anything longer than a week.

Good day for Rovers. Anyone who thought Arsenal would slip up today is stupid. Villa have been poor lately.

Great result at the breezeblock and a great result @ St James Park - also with Dawson now facing a ban.

I think Chelsea are slipping and Man United are starting to put some pressure on them. Chelsea still have to play Bolton, Man United, Blackburn & Newcastle. None of which will be easy for them.

I think this is a compliment by ferguson in his interview today.

"We have closed the gap but seven points is still very big and it is still Chelsea's to throw away.

"They have got to come here in a couple of weeks when the pitch will be even worse and they have also got to go to Blackburn."