Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Battle Of 4th, 5th, 6th Position

Modi

THAT PENALTY JUST WON ME 20K !!!!!!!   biggrin.gif  thumbs-up.gif

KERCHINGGGGGGGGG!

393999[/snapback]

Drinks all round then.

Mine's two sugars.

Tottenham were so fortunate to win the game (and beat us) they must be destined for that fourth place.

Bad luck on West Brom too; I bet Steve Bruce breathed a sigh of relief.

Edited by jim mk2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really dont want to know Eddie...you really dont want to know!!  wink.gif

Sweatin like a pig until the penalty.....Spurs were p1ss poor.

Sorry Rovers  unsure.gif

394003[/snapback]

At least my bet in total only cost £15.50

You didnt win 20k - im sure you would of been much happier if you had.

The gane nade one thing clear - Spurs are over rated and again didnt deserve 3 points. Im sure we can get past them. They have Arsenal, Everton, Man U & Bolton to play - 4 very tough games

Spuds run in

Away - Newcastle

Home - Man City

Away - Everton

Home - Man Utd

Away - Arsenal

Home - Bolton

Away - West Ham

Looking at how they have been playing - i think they have a very hard run in. Not 1 easy game there!

Edited by Hughesy

Lucky Spurs. But I guess we cant complain. We gotta keep on doing the business ourselves and just see what happens.

394038[/snapback]

I must admit I was disappointed to see them score so late in the game. But then I thought about it - and realistically this wasn't one of the games that I could see Spuds dropping points.

I'll still be happy extremely happy with a UEFA cup spot - but continue to dream of CL.

I'm going to get down the bookies in the morning and put a bet on L'Arse for fourth, they're the only team in form.

393987[/snapback]

Form Guide

Last 6 Games PTS

Man Utd W W W W W W 18

Blackb'n W W L W W W 15

Liv'pool W D L W W W 13

M'brough W W W L L W 12

Chelsea L W W W L W 12

Tot'ham D D W L W W 11

Arsenal D L L W W W 10

Bolton D W L W W L 10

Everton W L D W W L 10

West Ham W W D L L W 10

Charlton D D D W L W 9

Wigan L D L W W L 7

N'castle D W W L L L 7

Man City W L W L L L 6

Portsm'h L L L L W W 6

A Villa L D W L L D 5

Birm'ham L W L D L L 4

Fulham L L L L W D 4

W.B.A. L L L D L L 1

Sun'land L L L L L L 0

i thought spuds were rubbish lastnight, in the first half wba deserved their lead and i was dancing with joy!!!

2nd half spuds came out fighting and did play the better footy although i thought robsons men at least deserved a draw.

a penalty in the 89th minute was well gutting!!!

have to say though we done it against villa the other week, play poor and win. i expect spuds to go to geordie land and lose.

shearer can do em for us!!!

Form Guide

Have you seen how we played against Boro and Sunderland? Very poorly, we were fortunate both teams are mediocre at best. Obviously it's the mark of a good team when they win despite not playing well, but I don't like our chances if we continue in this vein.

L'Arse on the other hand have been playing teams off the park.

We beat Boro with 10 men. Sunderland are garbage and we just did enough IMO. Sure we could have played better against them but maybe the players were saving themselves for what's around the corner?

You're wrong about Arsenal though - we have better form than them and at this stage of the season it's only points that count.

As for playing teams off the park - we did that against Spurs, a fat lot of good that did us.

Me and my big gob.  ph34r.gif

For those that haven't seen it, 87 mins keeper plays a clearance against Defoe and then hauled him back as he bore down on goal. Mido put the loose ball in the net but Foy had correctly blown for a penalty already.

(Keeper should certainly have been red carded as well)

West Brom will be gutted after a fighting display. Spurs were very lucky to get anything at all out of that, never mind 3 points.  sad.gif

393990[/snapback]

So I can't even complain about it being a jammy penalty then? I was tearing my hair out last night when I saw ceefax ticking over to 2-1. Sodding Tottenham. mad.gif

I've watched Spurs alot this season. My housemates at uNi are all spurs fans so whenever they're on TV I get the pleasure of watching them (and it's been week in week out recently). I honestly think that they're a very average side who started the seaosn resaonably well, but scrape through every single match. Bar one or two of their players (Keane/Mido/Lennon/King and maybe Dawson) they are a very average team, and I for one would hate it if they came fourth this season.

Spurs definately have the toughest run in, apart from City at home they could conceivably lose every game.

Newcastle away- not easy these days.

Everton away- ditto.

Arsenal away- Arsenal will want to win this one no matter what's happening elsewhere.

West Ham away- no love lost here , should be a real battle.

Man Utd home - United always seem to win this one.

Man City home- City's away form is crap , I've got to go for Spurs here.

Bolton home- they'll have to battle in this one as well.

If we don't get our noses in front of Spurs we'll want shooting, Bolton's run in is nearly as difficult, obviously Arsenal are the major threat.