SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Battle Of 4th, 5th, 6th Position

Modi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?  I dont follow your reasoning there Fife R.  They were both on 39 points this morning so why would Charlton (now on 42 points) not carry exactly the same ambition as the Mags?

393760[/snapback]

Yes you are right in what you say Theno, but my reasoning was based on my opinion (nothing more) that having seen quite a lot of both Charlton and Newcastle this season I believe Newcastle to have more "potential" to hit the big time than Charlton. I could be wrong, but hey that's life!

Edited by Fife Rover

Yes you are right in what you say Theno, but my reasoning was based on my opinion (nothing more) that having seen quite a lot of both Charlton and Newcastle this season I believe Newcastle to have more "potential" to hit the big time than Charlton. I could be wrong, but hey that's life!

393880[/snapback]

charlton are usually poor at this stage of the season in recent years.

a commentator said they have only averaged 6 points in their last 10 games in their premiership history.

Just noticed the ref is Foy, the idiot who sent savage off.  sad.gif

He'll probably find a way to give Spurs two penalties if they're still losing.

393966[/snapback]

He just managed a great tackle on Carrick to block him in a shooting position!!

If WBA can hold onto their lead, that would be a fantastic result for Rovers and unexpected one at that. Spurs would only be ahead of us on goal difference and we would still have a great chance to qualify for the Champions League. After we lost to Spurs, I didn't think we could get fourth spot, but if they lose tonight we have as good a chance as anyone.

Just had a quick look at the remaining fixtures for us, Arsenal, Spurs, and Bolton. We have by far the easiest run-in with Bolton having the hardest. Our unfortunates are two away days at relegation battling Pompey and Brum. Spurs have to play Arsenal and Bolton so points dropped there for someone. It could be very good for us. I hope WBA can keep it up.

I'm going to get down the bookies in the morning and put a bet on L'Arse for fourth, they're the only team in form. Spuds have fluked another home win, we've not played well for at least a fortnight and Bolton pretty much have to win all their remaining games - highly unlikely considering their run in.

Not only did that penalty make things worse for Rovers, it cost me £200.

Last of a 5 match accumulator was Spurs-West Brom draw. Only showed £50 profit instead of £250. mad.gif

The Baggies keeper is having a great game thus far.

393969[/snapback]

Me and my big gob. ph34r.gif

For those that haven't seen it, 87 mins keeper plays a clearance against Defoe and then hauled him back as he bore down on goal. Mido put the loose ball in the net but Foy had correctly blown for a penalty already.

(Keeper should certainly have been red carded as well)

West Brom will be gutted after a fighting display. Spurs were very lucky to get anything at all out of that, never mind 3 points. sad.gif

should have been a red card as well

393983[/snapback]

Now I know most will disagree with me, but just watch it back. Defoe sticks his arm off and is holding the keeper off, which the keeper simply tries to get around. Considering how well protected keepers normally are this was somewhat surprising, considering that outside of the box there is no way a striker would be allowed to do that it was also surprising. I would have wanted and probably given a replay had I either been supporting the team or the ref, but after having seen the replays from all angles it wasn't as stonewall to me as it first seemed.