SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Battle Of 4th, 5th, 6th Position

Modi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will finish above both Tottenham and Bolton, its only Arsenal we need to worry about. But wever beaten them once so it shows they aint unbeatable.

394192[/snapback]

Although I think that was due to the timing of when we played them. I think we got them in the midst of their bad run. Although they are becoming good at the right time, as are Liverpool, now that they've found their shooting boots!

Wish Arsenal beat Juventus and have a good run in the Champion's League but lose in the final, the more games they played in the CL, the less they can focus on the league.

394310[/snapback]

May yet happen. 1-0 to Arsenal now, Fabregas.

EDIT 2-0 after 69 minutes.. if they play like this for the rest of the season then we have no chance of 4th. BUT will they be saving their best for this seasons Champs League.

Edited by Ste B

Arsenal 2-0 up and are playing some brilliant stuff today. If they keep it up noone can take the 4th place away from them..

394329[/snapback]

They've been good in Europe all season - the style of football suits them. But it has been shown that when teams dont give them time and space in the Prem they struggle.

Quote cn174

"They've been good in Europe all season - the style of football suits them. But it has been shown that when teams dont give them time and space in the Prem they struggle. "

I'm confused. Isn't that the same style of play that we got pilloried for using on 2 of the precious London teams last season?

Edited by Yorick

I may be wrong here and | don't know if it's been mentioned already, but if Arsenal win the champions league and we finish forth(above Arsenal), wouldn't Arsenal qualify for the champions league next season and the 4th place spot would not?

I'm sure I heard that was the rule after Liverpool qualified automatically when usually the winner wouldn;t unless they finished at a certain place in the league.

I may be wrong here and | don't know if it's been mentioned already, but if Arsenal win the champions league and we finish forth(above Arsenal), wouldn't Arsenal qualify for the champions league next season and the 4th place spot would not?

In short, YES

if we do get europe next season we will need more financial backing when jack was alive the walkers wee worth 330 million they are now worth over 800 million but the funds are going down, this just shows that the walkers arent really intrested in rovers as far as they are concerned its a bad investment were as jack was a supporter and invested money so he could see the club do well.

I'm sure I heard that was the rule after Liverpool qualified automatically when usually the winner wouldn;t unless they finished at a certain place in the league.

394341[/snapback]

In fact, you are right.Arsenal would go to the group stages of the CL and we would be pushed into UEFA cup.Nice article on the subject from a few weeks ago here

Florida Rover

Edited by Florida Rover

No. Juve are scum! Get rid asap.

People are really being optimistic here these days. 14 points in the last 7 games sounds a hell of a lot to me. The next 5 games are really not easy. But as things stand now I will change my opinion and say we are likely to get 6th ahead of Notlob.

No. Juve are scum! Get rid asap.

People are really being optimistic here these days. 14 points in the last 7 games sounds a hell of a lot to me. The next 5 games are really not easy. But as things stand now I will change my opinion and say we are likely to get 6th ahead of Notlob.

394370[/snapback]

WEll I'd rather not get fourth, than get fourth and be denied a Champions(and runners up and 3rd and 4th) league place because Arsenal won it. So I say the sooner they are out of it the better. WE are more than capable of winning 14 points.

The one thing I will say about Arsenal players this season is that they lack the commitment and the passion that is required in the Premiership. They drasticly miss a nucleus of British players which can provide the heart and passion and the grit and determination of playing PL football, however they are so Technichaly gifted they are ideal for Champions League football, buut there is no way they can play like they did tonight in the PL week in week out.