BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Battle Of 4th, 5th, 6th Position

Modi

If we win on Monday then we will go 2 point ahead of Arsenal again.

However they have Man United next week, after the 2nd leg in Juventus - maybe, just maybe we could be 5pts clear of them by the end of next weekend.

Here's hoping!! KEEP THE FAITH!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Been following this site daily since it's inception but always been happy just reading the posts...

Anyway, I found this Excel downoad from a Spurs supporting business site... It's a pretty cool points predictor for 4th place. http://www.appraisall.co.uk/index_files/Football.htm

The defaults they have set for Spurs (all winners) and for Arse (all losers) are good for a laugh too!

Enjoy!

smile.gif

Hi All,

Been following this site daily since it's inception but always been happy just reading the posts...

Anyway, I found this Excel downoad from a Spurs supporting business site... It's a pretty cool points predictor for 4th place. http://www.appraisall.co.uk/index_files/Football.htm

The defaults they have set for Spurs (all winners) and for Arse (all losers) are good for a laugh too!

Enjoy!

smile.gif

395554[/snapback]

ha. they've got bolton beating liverpool and chelsea back to back and arse to lose at home to spurs which i dont think will happen seeing gunners current form. on the bright side they didnt predict us to lose any games. anyways it was a good read, welcome to site man.

Apart from Arsenal's result today, we couldn't have asked for a better set of results in terms of the race for fourth spot. Spurs getting beaten means that they are only three points ahead of us and they still have to play United. Bolton getting beaten by Man Utd keeps them behind us in the race for the Champions League. We still have a great chance to qualify and we could move level on points with Spurs if we beat Wigan. With Arsenal to play United next, we could hopefully take advantage of them losing and move a couple of points clear of them. The toughest games for us will be Liverpool and Chelsea at home and Portsmouth away next weekend. It's crucial that we don't drop points from now until the end of the season, but these three games could be very difficult for us, when you consider how well these teams have been playing.

Ferguson has yet again said that Chelsea have two tough away games at Bolton and Blackburn to come, so you never know what can happen...

395560[/snapback]

That's true, 3 points at noblob and then 0 at ewood!

If brum can draw we must be capable of beating them! Giving duffer something to think about!

In my ideal situation the only game we wouldn't win is liverpool but as we are the second best form team to man utd i can#t see why we can't win them all!

Bring on the Champions League! rover.gif

monday's game is huge! if we win we're still in the CL hunt. If we lose we can say bye bye to it considering the fact that like royrover has said, the next three games after the wigan match are crucial. Liverpool and portsmouth both on form, and lets not forget chelsea is still chelsea. lets hope their form stays poor when they come to ewood.

the fact that Barca and Milan are in the other half of the CL draw to Arsenal is a good things for the other teams chasing 4th spot.

i fully expect arsenal to get to the final.... but i think either of the above mentioned teams will be too strong for them (i hope so anyway!!)

hopefully this run will distract them from the job at hand in the premiership and we can capitalise on that!

One things for sure....its going to be nerve wracking!!

Hi All,

395554[/snapback]

Just did it, my results:

4th Arsenal 69p

5th Blackburn 65p

6th Tottenham 64p

7th Bolton 63p

Ive been positive towards Rovers in this one, but still we wont finish 4th. I will be very happy with a top 6 finish this season!

4th Arsenal 67p

5th Blackburn 67p

6th Spurs 64p

7th Bolton 63p

Hard to do without either being very biased or without being pessimistic. For example, I consider all of our games tricky, but then look at other clubs playing the same teamand think it is a pretty safe three points, that's what feelings do for you. There will be surprises though, didn't expect Boro to beat Bolton and I'm sure that won't be the last one I didn't see coming.

The bit I find interesting, and to my liking, is no one seems to be (the so called experts on telly etc) putting us in the mix. All I hear is Spurs, Arse and Notlob. If fact didn't Jol just this week state that Arse v Spurs is a Euro decider. Heh Heh let's sneak right in there. ###### everybody off. Knowing Rovers luck though, we finish fourth then Arse win CL or we finish 4th and the FA get's tough with our disciplinary record and deducts just enough points lo let one of the "big" boys in.

Either way it's all exciting stuff.

The bit I find interesting, and to my liking, is no one seems to be (the so called experts on telly etc) putting us in the mix.  All I hear is Spurs, Arse and Notlob.  If fact didn't Jol just this week state that Arse v Spurs is a Euro decider.  Heh Heh let's sneak right in there.  ###### everybody off.  Knowing Rovers luck though, we finish fourth then Arse win CL or we finish 4th and the FA get's tough with our disciplinary record and deducts just enough points lo let one of the "big" boys in.

Either way it's all exciting stuff.

395691[/snapback]

Whilst I agree to a certain extent, the TV coverage over here certainly does mention us a lot now. I don't feel like we're being "left out" of the race in the eyes of the experts or anyone else. Like you say though, if anybody underestimates us, they'll have serious problems coping with us. I'm getting more and more confident that 6th is the worst we'll do.

As I said a week ago, if we win tomorrow I reckon that will effectively knock Bolton out of the top six equation.

Whilst a win is also essential I feel if we're to maintain realistic ambitions of finishing above Arsenal in 4th.

If we do get the three points tomorrow though I think it's very premature to conclude that Arsenal will automatically breeze into the fourth spot.

This is such a monumental game for us I am extremely nervous about it.

I just hope the players aren't.

A win safeguards us a top 7 finish in my eyes, and puts us well and truely in poll position for 6th.

6 points from the next two could see us 5 points clear of Arsenal and 9 clear of Bolton.

Can you imagine that in mid April!

MGP hopes to make the top four aswell, speaking to Norwegian newspapers:

- Tottenham has the toughest schedule, Arsenal a little bit easier. They still have to play it though, and matches against relegation scrappers can be even tougher. If we win our four home matches, we will have 65 points - it's not impossible.

"Fear of the Intertoto is driving the Rovers players on." At least its a nicer fear than relegation!

Two reports I saw over the week-end. Apparently seven clubs have said they are willing to enter the Intertoto but Rovers are one of three who have said so publicly.

The Intertoto draw will be made in Noyon on 12 April with the countries being drawn out of the hat as the club names are not known yet.

I think we will see a very different Man City team this weekend, which will make it a tricky game for spuds. City were publicly slated last week and pearce will really have them up for this game.

Also don't think Arsenal will win this weekend.

I was hoping for 4 points minimum return from Wigan and Pompey, just means we have to go there and win now.