SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Wright- Get This Man Off Our Tv Screens

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: stone island.

I can't say I understand exactly who wears these overpriced clothes, but all the lads who were behaving like idiots last night had the stuff on. All I could conclude that that to wear the brand is to say "I'm a football thug just like you."

When I was a kid walking round the town centre we all wore Dunlop Green Flash trainers and carried Hawkwind albums under our arms. Come on you must know the signals this gear and those chequed caps give out. It's a footie hooli uniform. I think Hackett, Lacoste and other brands are part of it too. Not sure how many are made in Englans though.

re.re. stone island.

i can understand your opinion on these so called footie hooli labels and clothes, stone island, lacoste, hackett, teddy smith, paul smith, prada, burberry, aquascutum etc as being expensive or overpriced but imo they are well nice, stylish and comfortable clothes.

down south they call the clothing like stone island for example target tags, they see the badge on the arm and if the the person looks rough people will section the person into a catagory as a hooli or whatever, when the guy coluld be the happiest go lucky chap in the world and is well against aggression, riots and fighting but has just been labbled a hooli because of his clothes.

alot of it i admit is image, young kids who you probably met have watched football factory one to many times and were messing about.

exactly. He'd had been out of the world cup had he not dived out the way. The player didn't play the ball, its a foul

Bolllox! There was NO foull. The Hungarian player lunged in quickly certainly BUT one footed and low! There simply was NO connection therefore NO foul either. Gerrard dived and if you cannot see that then I assume you must have missed all the slow motion replays.

btw I was glad that it was saved too.

don't you think thats a bit harsh, not all people who wear stone island clothes are like that, it's the person or people your talking about, not the label of the clothes they wear.

haven't you heard of don't judge a book by it's cover?

as for ian wright i can't stand him, he's like a monkey in the studio swinging around the place and flapping about, one of the worst pundits ever. the bbc need to get him out.

Oh dear! :lol::lol:

I love Blackburn fans.

They dont see anything wrong in calling black people monkeys.

FFS

i'm not racist and i didn't say black, i think your refering to the dwight yorke incident which was a disgrace.

wot im getting at is that ian wright is very energetic, he can't seem to sit still in the chair and gets over excited compared to hansen, dixon, whoever etc.

it just reminded me of a monkey thats all ;)

I think you're very confused Mr Wales. I think the following statments are all true:

a. There is a dress code for football hooligans and wanabee hooligans.

b. We all know what it is.

c. A lot of football violence it is linked to far right and racist groups.

d. If you wear this kind of gear you can only expect tpeople to draw those conclusions about you.

e. Not sure Paul Smith is on the lsit of hooli gear.

Edited by Paul McGarry

Ian Wright was absolutely spot on with what he said! Every team in the world will try to do that against us. Should we be the only ones that don't? Hell no!

Wright was also very much spot on with his "boring" analysis of the game and I agreed fully that Carrick should have played at least some kind of role. What the hell was Carragher doing in defensive midfield?

In answer to your last sentence then I would have to say that Carragher was doing 'a very good job' in defensive midfield. If he had been left deep midfield we would have won 3-0 imo. They only scored because his position had been occupied by the inept Hargreaves.

There was a point in playing the more attack minded Carrick v the poor quality Hungarians but should we end up against better quality opposition with a quality attacking midfield or a forward who revels in dropping deep then Carragher is perfect. Whilst our glory hunting boys Becks, Cole, Lamps and Gerrard are sodding off in some continually vain impression of the Light Brigade messrs Carrick and Hargreaves would get embarrassed against the likes of Requelme / Ronaldinho / Ballack etc.

Chelsea play that way as did we last year and whilst Makele and Axe are'nt pretty they are damned effective and their role in a 5 man midfield must never be understated.

One thing that worries me is that if the impressionable swede continues to let the press and media decide his team and his formation (as he has since he got the job) then he may now decide against Carragher in that position.

Oh btw Wright really is an odious individual who frequently engages his gob before his brain! A loose cannon on live TV! :o As smithy says I guess he is just the 'token' pundit required by the pc. If they are not very carefull 'motormouth' will land them in seriously hot water.

Can AESF change the record? ever?

Ian Wright is employed as he is as blinkered as your average England fan, and not only that he is an ex England international - or was he only selected because he was "not white"?

I supposed you'd prefer David Pleat?

or alan shearer, LeSaux, Schmeical (although him and wrighty in the box could be amusing)

As for the penalty, the Hungarian looked like he went in studs up two footed tackle, and that in the rules is intent and therefore a foul, if he had connected it could have been a leg breaker so just because hes inept enough to miss doesnt mean its not punishable.

On a side note, hopefully Owen ###### Hargreave's rather inept display (again) will prove the Sven that once and for all he is not the answer, although the blackmail photos he must have says otherwise.

Carragher did fine, if not a little dull, but its not his job to hit 50 yard wonder balls, its his job to kick someone get the ball and pass it to someone who can hit the pass.

Id like Carrick to be given a go if possible on Saturday

Bolllox! There was NO foull. The Hungarian player lunged in quickly certainly BUT one footed and low! There simply was NO connection therefore NO foul either. Gerrard dived and if you cannot see that then I assume you must have missed all the slow motion replays.

btw I was glad that it was saved too.

So you would want Gerrard to have risked injury by just letting the player chop him down? Because that's what would have happened had he stood there and took it. It was a natural movement by Gerrard to move his feet out of the way before getting cruched at 50mph. Just imagine yourself in his position, knowing your about to be taken out, only a moron would stand there to face the pain!

So, was Ron Atkinson ITV's token racist? :blink:

Yes. Ron said, "that's what's known in some schools as a big lazy n***er".

It's hardly comparing someone to a monkey in a non-racist way is it? Some people on here need to get a life, stop do-gooding and start thinking.

So you would want Gerrard to have risked injury by just letting the player chop him down? Because that's what would have happened had he stood there and took it. It was a natural movement by Gerrard to move his feet out of the way before getting cruched at 50mph. Just imagine yourself in his position, knowing your about to be taken out, only a moron would stand there to face the pain!

He wasn't going to risk injury though because he'd gone past the player and then went down, blatant dive, nowhere near him, he could've stayed on his feet and scored from there, I don't see how you can say he would've been risking injury, its not as if he dived over the player which might be more understandable, the player completely missed him and gerrard dived

It was a penalty. Gerrard went down without contact but if that was because he was actually trying to dive or not I don't think you can really say. It isn't in his nature to dive though, can't remember seeing him do it before, but it was a penalty.

Ian Wright is there to be the exuberant cheerleader.

The Beeb obviously think that the in-studio footage as an England goal goes in, just wouldn't be the same without the hyperactive one.

Edit: Just to add, imo anyone who openly advocates cheating should not be employed by the BBC.

Edited by rover6

I'm sorry but anyone who can say "I don't care if we're in the doldrums for the next ten years as long as we appoint an English England manager" is a total numpty.

Obviously the three months spent at Turf Moor have had a debillitating effect.

I was disgusted by the wilful air of denial that gripped the BBC commentary after Gerrard's dive. Neither Motson nor Lawrenson even so much as alluded to the fact that the bloke had conned the ref. Then at half-time the usually lucid Hansen joins his blinkered English chums in condoning a quite majestic piece of continental-style play-acting, a standard of which the routinely vilified Didier Drogba would have been proud. What a bunch of clowns.

Edited by Rovermatt

It was a penalty. Gerrard went down without contact but if that was because he was actually trying to dive or not I don't think you can really say. It isn't in his nature to dive though, can't remember seeing him do it before, but it was a penalty.

Eddie, you've convinced me. OK, there's really no need to take it further.

Sometimes you can be fouled without contact. A player going in like the defender did is a foul, even if he doesn't get his man, which thankfully he didn't. I wasn't happy to see Gerrard go to ground, but I can't say for sure if he actually was diving, he made no appeal to the officials, he simlpy went to ground.

Eddie, you've convinced me. OK, there's really no need to take it further.

There doesnt need to be contact for it to be foul play dave.

Remeber Ronaldo's red card earlier in the season at City. I dont think anyone said that wasn't a red, yet there was no contact then. ;)

IPB Image

Dare I suggest a possible reason why he might be employed by the BBC?

Now I hope this doesn't anger Mr McGarry too much, but would such a person, with Wright's record, have been employed by the BBC if they had been white? Perhaps they would have done. Perhaps not.

But in the same way as the British police force has introduced a policy of "positive discrimination" to increase the number of black and Asian police officers, Greg Dyke, the former BBC director-general, previously stated that there were not enough black and Asian people on the BBC and set a target of 10% non-white staff by 2003 - a number of BBC news trainee places were set aside especially for people from the ethnic minorities.

How you can manage to rail against political correctness, in a thread regarding Ian Wright's decision to defend cheating, is baffling. There are plenty of black guys on the BBC (hardly enough to get worked up about though). Are you suggesting that they're there simply by virtue of some evil affirmative action-style agenda set by Greg Dyke?

Wright may be a inarticulate, delusional loudmouth (the very worst elements of the English football fan) but his criminal record and previous disciplanry problems are completely irrelevant in this context.

Of course he's not the only BBC Sport employee with a shady past. You will often see Tony Adams (recovering alcoholic, former jail-bird) sitting comfortbaly on the Football Focus couch. Personally I think they only hire him because he's white.

Sometimes you can be fouled without contact.

Aye, I saw that in X-Men the other night... :blink:

Edited by Rovermatt

You have now

And now

Surprise, surprise, look who responded. :D

Seems I can always rely on you lot to appear after I've posted. The first video shows one Gerrard dive, the one against AC Milan wasn't a dive really. He was being held back and it was a foul, in football today he has to go to ground to show the officials that he is being held back, it was a foul.

Say what you like, Gerrard isn't a diver. Like all players it will happen and there are several reasons why that might be, expected contact, lost your footing, not all of them are that he is actually looking for a foul but it could appear that way. Maybe he does dive from time to time, only he really knows, but last night it was a penalty and I have no doubt about that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.