BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andre Ooijer Signs !

Slightly off-topic, but..

Why does this only happen, whenever someones quotes ste b's posts? Happened to me yesterday and I thought I did something wrong.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ste b @ Aug 23 2006, 17:36 ) 438073[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Edited by AussieinUk

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see what happens about Neill, who presumably has no future with us a centre back, but might have one as a full back if, as someone suggested, Hughes thinks he will get better value keeping him for the next 12 months. i certainly do not want Mills.

Very happy about this. Was one of the players I knew little about before who caught my eye in Germany.

Yes the price is steep but we got Benny and Roberts on steals and boy do we need him after the last two defensive "performances".

Probably the first of at least three signings by 31 August- four if Neill goes.

Another defender, 32 should be a solid & clever defender. I really think that our defend need to be more organised and disiplince. Although with the defender we now have, we are 'not bad' But still I felt that we need one more good center defender. Hope that Andre can be as good as Ryan nelson, then we will have a happy year! :D Talking about Todd, although I felt he is quite ok but he always like to give away penalty cheaply, my heart nearly felt off today when he push Mcfadden away without any reason. Lucky the referee and linesman are as blind as a bat. Lol!

Very happy we now have him on board. IMO him and Nelsen should make a very good partnership in heart of our defence. hopefully this will mean that the thug Todd has little or no place in future starting line-ups as last night has proved again his temperment isn't exactly great. He could have cost us the match last-night with his senseless foul on AJ which luckily Rennie missed. Ooijer may spell the end for Lucas if the reports of Neill going to Liverpool are to be believed and if Liverpool did come in for him, i wouldn't blame him for leaving us, at least we'd get some money for him to spend before the deadline.

As for RVN, i think i'm going to stop slagging him off now since he put in a good word for us with Ooijer.

• 5 weeks later...

Ooijer will win over doubters says Hughes

Sparky is confident the Dutch international will come good...and so am I. As a Dutch interntational and veteran of two World Cup squads he is proven quality. Just has to get used to being chucked into a Premiership side just as their defence was having a bit of a wobble.

Hopefully a good game from him today to show what we paid all the money for :tu:

Edited by FourLaneBlue

A limited return to a 4-5-1 starting formation especially away from home with Mokoena in front of him would help him and his confidence no end.

Our striker options would allow for a quick switch to a more attacking 4-4-2 in the last 20 mins should the game require it.

No 4-5-1 thank you.

Why ever not? You may need to think things thriough a little, just look at the difference Mokoena made last week. If it stops us conceding goals at the rate we are doing and steadies the ship I don't have a problem. Weak defences = relegated teams fact and undisputeably so. Anyway if it's OK for MU, Chelsea and Arsenal whats your problem?

No 4-5-1 thank you.

I agree with you there Al. Not only does 4-5-1 make for a boring game but I think that only Nonda could play up there on his own (With Roberts being out).

The only things I would change are - drop Oh yeah for ANYONE. And start with Nonda and Benni up front.

Keep that for a few games :tu:

Numpty. Its Zurab crapiness thats making Oijer and the rest of the back four dodgy.

Wait, Zurab forced Oojier into hauling down Terry on his debut? Zurab caused him to get brutalised by Drogba's pace? Give me a break.

Disclaimer: This is not an Oojier-bashing post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.