BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andre Ooijer Signs !

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to go to news, then latest news!! they haven't updated the homepage yet. He will wear squad number 20 and has an option of a third year, but 2million as is being reported seems alot. I also thought he would be our first choice right back but listening to Hughes speak recently he seems to see him as a centre half mainly.

All about him here at Wikipedia!

Seems he was in the Dutch squad for the 1998 World Cup as well as the one that has just gone, although it says he didn't actually do any more than warm the bench.

Soccernet here confirming it is on a two-year contract

The Soccernet article also says "It is understood the fee for the 32-year-old is in the region of £2.1million."

I'll have to hold my hands up for that headline! Changed it now to be on the safe side, though, because of doubts over the pronunciation.

Just heard from various sources that Lucas Neill is off to Liverpool and, wait for it, Danny Mills will be joining on a free from City.

I'll have to hold my hands up for that headline! Changed it now to be on the safe side, though, because of doubts over the pronunciation.

Just heard from various sources that Lucas Neill is off to Liverpool and, wait for it, Danny Mills will be joining on a free from City.

Hmm? You changed what headline?

2 million for a 32 year old centreback when, despite out current injury crisis, we already have four seems more than a little steep!

I would guess that is out lot of signings for the summer (unless we lose a player), personally I would have rather seen a right winger or left back come in. Ho hum.

Still, obviously a quality defender and I would guess we are looking for a Nelsen Ooijer combination in the middle for the coming season.

The £2m fee isn't official is it? Delighted with this signing, seems smart to make it just two years too - his age considered - and it probably won't be impossible to extend it if he's still up for it by then, at 34. Right back, centreback (is it centre or center btw?) - good choice to buy utility players like that.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ste b @ Aug 23 2006, 17:36 ) 438073[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Apparently its pronounced Oooh Yah.. Sadly, I can see some "Who are ya" type chants

Well on sky TV they keep pronouncing it "OO Yer" which I find quite amusing as in Scotland that is something you hear virtually every day when somebody does themselves an injury such as dropping a Blacksmith's Anvil on their foot etc. :lol:

Edited by Fife Rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.