BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roy Keane - Sunderland Manager

I'm surprised that Keane is willing to work for Quinn after the bust up in the World Cup four years ago. I thought that Quinn was one of the players who was against Keane. It will be interesting to see how he does. He will bring passion to the job at least.

I'm surprised that Keane is willing to work for Quinn after the bust up in the World Cup four years ago. I thought that Quinn was one of the players who was against Keane. It will be interesting to see how he does. He will bring passion to the job at least.

Good shout, like you say if I remember rightly from his autobiography Quinn was the one who stood up and backed Mccarthy right in front of him?!...Maybe Roy has gone soft in his old age?

Edited by Somerset Rover!

“I don’t suppose I’ll have a relationship with Roy again” — Quinn wrote in his book after one Ireland fallout.

“There is the possibility that Roy Keane wouldn’t play if I was involved” — Quinn on talk that he could join Peter Reid in an Ireland management team.

“They can rot in hell” — Keane on Quinn and Steve Staunton.

Funny game football.

To be announced tomorrow.

"World-class" manager according to Niall Quinn.

Actually he said "The club is in discussions with a high-profile figure and is hopeful of an announcement in the near future."

“I don’t suppose I’ll have a relationship with Roy again” — Quinn wrote in his book after one Ireland fallout.

“There is the possibility that Roy Keane wouldn’t play if I was involved” — Quinn on talk that he could join Peter Reid in an Ireland management team.

“They can rot in hell” — Keane on Quinn and Steve Staunton.

Funny game football.

It's surprising how persuasive a £2m a year salary can be...

I wonder how long before the first reports of Keane punching one of his team?

Personally i don`t think Keane is wired up properly & management won`t suit him. I may be wrong though. <_<

I wonder how long before the first reports of Keane punching one of his team?

Personally i don`t think Keane is wired up properly & management won`t suit him. I may be wrong though. <_<

I'm with you there cletus. I think this will all end in tears.

Beautifully put. The Makems must be delighted with the appointment of their new thug, whoops manager.

Some people just have a certain presence or aura about them.

Dalglish was in that category, possibly Keane is too.

Although I doubt the throwing teacups style of management works these days.

However, unlike most managers, Keane is actually being paid MORE than most of his squad, which gives him a certain "show me the money" power over them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.