BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Emerton At Rb

personally i feel brett emerton has offered very little on the right wing,apart from that debut against wolves when he looked like a world beater.

but against everton he looked much improved at RB.i think this is his last chance for redemption in my eyes,and should be used there for the legnth of lucas neills ban if not after his ban too.this then opens up the right wing for bentley,who excelled there by all accounts on wednesday night.

that then leaves lucas neill.out in the cold i hope.greedy and deluded.the way he 'performed' against pompey the guy should be ashamed.let him have his move to barcelona :D ac milan :D .yeah right!.carlsberg dont do pipe dreams,but if they did theyd probably be just like lucas neills!!.

Edited by -foreverrovers-

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in agreement that Emerton certainly looked better at right back than right midfield on Wednesday, contrary to my expectations. If we are to keep Neill this season and have signed Oiijer, then I'd expect both to be ahead of him, but it is nice to have extra options and cover.

However, I wouldn't get over excited just yet. It was one game and he didn't have a blinder.

I'm in agreement that Emerton certainly looked better at right back than right midfield on Wednesday, contrary to my expectations. If we are to keep Neill this season and have signed Oiijer, then I'd expect both to be ahead of him, but it is nice to have extra options and cover.

However, I wouldn't get over excited just yet. It was one game and he didn't have a blinder.

but he played at Rb for feyenoord,where he made his name as an attacking right back,and one the occasion he has played there for rovers,he has notched his second best performance in a rovers shirt.

reward emerton for showing a bit of loyalty,where neill hasnt.ok if he goes back to beng same old emerton at rb,as we know from the right wing in the next 2 games then yeah,but i really think after 3 long years we may have found a place for brett

Emerton has played against Robben and did quite well (well Robben was skinning everyone in the game and he didn't fair that badly) and he played a Duffer in full form so not many are able to compete anyway.

Of course some us have been proponents for Emerton at right back for sometime.

Hopefully with Neill's transfer to liverpool Emo will come good FINALLY

Edited by neekoy

Brett at RB is great, he was in the skysport team of the round and played good there. Neill will probaly go soon but he can be LB or CB too

but against everton he looked much improved at RB.i think this is his last chance for redemption in my eyes,and should be used there for the legnth of lucas neills ban if not after his ban too.this then opens up the right wing for bentley,who excelled there by all accounts on wednesday night.

that then leaves lucas neill.out in the cold i hope.greedy and deluded.the way he 'performed' against pompey the guy should be ashamed.let him have his move to barcelona ac milan .yeah right!.carlsberg dont do pipe dreams,but if they did theyd probably be just like lucas neills!!.

Neill is over rated he was hailed in the world cup as an awsome player but yet again he shows he is still red card neill no one will want him but if spurs / liverpool want him they can have him and we will get a good fee too. Everyone in australia thinks he is the best ever, personally i think he is overrated for sure. hope he proves me wrong

Edited by cgbdon

Brett at RB is great, he was in the skysport team of the round and played good there. Neill will probaly go soon but he can be LB or CB too

Neill is over rated he was hailed in the world cup as an awsome player but yet again he shows he is still red card neill no one will want him but if spurs / liverpool want him they can have him and we will get a good fee too. Everyone in australia thinks he is the best ever, personally i think he is overrated for sure. hope he proves me wrong

Totally agree with what you say cgbdon. Neil is undoubtedly a very good and versatile player, but he does have these unfortunate tendencies to go flying in and get himself sent off. It happens too often IMO and Rovers reputation is suffering because of the actions of three players mainly; one of these being Neil.

If any team wants him and is prepared to pay a fee in excess of £2m I say let him go.

Being one if not the biggest critic of Emerton, I thought it right to praise him on his performance at RB.

It might not have been the hardest challenge against Everton, but I thought he performed well and should be given another chance.

However, I am not convinced he is a footballer and he still gives me the heebies so would like to see him after a few games in that position before I am convinced.

Being one if not the biggest critic of Emerton, I thought it right to praise him on his performance at RB.

It might not have been the hardest challenge against Everton, but I thought he performed well and should be given another chance.

However, I am not convinced he is a footballer and he still gives me the heebies so would like to see him after a few games in that position before I am convinced.

Glad you are big enough to praise him after slating him Captain.

I hope now you can understand why I was annoyed at people moaning that we had re-signed him.

Squad strength and quality cover in all positions are essential

Brett will never be a world-beater but his signing up for four more years was good news if not eath moving.

Why not keep Emo at RB and play Neill at left back. He did OK there last season in an emergency.

i agree, al and keeping emerton there would boost his fragile confidence.

it would also give him a tough test and allow a better evaluation of his abilities (as a RB).

however, i think rovers will rivert to the tried and trusted and stick neill back in at RB.

Why not keep Emo at RB and play Neill at left back. He did OK there last season in an emergency.

I agree, Al. These two full backs would be the best choice we could have. Gray is hopeless.

Neill is not versatile at all

He's a good right back (can be great at times), an awful central defender and an even worse left back.

That quote needs to be regularly re-used as an argument to those who wish to ban women from ever voicing their opinions on footballers.

Neill was outstanding last few games of last season at centre half and was again excellent in the world cup, though he did play poor sides like Brazil ....

Admittedly he was under the cosh against Portsmouth and had to resort to fouling.

At left back he has shown superb versatility to help Rovers out showing how two-footed he is

" awful ........even worse ..........."

Lord help us

Brett may have finally found his place in the team, in a position he can play and do a very good job in. i know he's only had two games at the postion but in those two games he has played well. At the same time though, i don't think we would have been singing his praises had Arjen Robben been fit and played, he may have proved a tough task for Brett to conquer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.