SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Uefa Cup Coverage?

spencey7

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know, heard sloppy defending. But he aint been that good so far, seems to give away too many freekicks and very costly penalties. Heard the commentators tonight and I know Richard Dinnis can be abit eccentric but he was missing tackles, clearances quite abit.

Re: the supposed TV coverage - the Hordens were advertising it outside as being shown.

I went early doors to check and was told "Yep it's definitely on - we had a new box put in today specially."

By about 7.40 about 300 people had descended and they attempted to switch from Terrestrial coverage of the Spurs game to Salzburg.

The game was clearly listed as being shown on an ART premium channel but for whatever reason the signal was shown as scrambled.

The landlord complained about them being 500 quid out of pocket (which they weren't because of the number of people buying at least one drink and buggering off)

EDIT: Think the Pub was making a bona fide attempt to show the game, either someone cocked up or they were misinformed by the people installing the box.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

That can't be right. There are people on this messageboard who haven't even seen the game and said that Ooijer had a terrible match.

That made me chuckle Bob. They hadn't seen the game and said he had a terrible game. They didn't see it so they must be right, and the reporter who was at the game wrong :)

Has anybody actually seen the game tonight or the goals?

I've watched the game from the bittorrent downloads posted last night. After a shaky start, after we'd scored our 1st goal I thought the lads played really well. As has been mentioned, Tugay was outstanding. And I've got to say this just because of the alarming regularity that it happens - Lucas Neill was ball watching as their player stole in at the far post to head home the equaliser. The guy ran for 10 yards with his hand in the air as the ball was delivered from 35 yards away, but Neill was more interested in the ball and was then helpless as he nodded it past Brad into the net. It was the kind of goal we've seen scored against us a too many times for it to be coincidental.

If anyone's in the Whitebirk area today, (or Haslingden over the weekend) and wants a copy of the game (2 x mpgs), PM me.

Careful Paul, is it legal to possess mpg's in Haslingden with intent to supply ? Hope special branch don't read this board ........

(Apparently, <cough>) You can get everything else supplied as needed in Haslingden, so a couple of MPGs ain't gonna cause any ripples, that is until the local Mafia want in on the scene! ;)

According to the telegraph the top 4 performers were – Tugay & Savage 9, Ooijer & McCarthy 8. Says that it was by far Ooijer’s best game so far.

Good result. 2-2 away from home, now we have the advantage we just need to finish the job.

bob, benni has also been given an 8, despite mr dinnis saying he was very poor.

I watched an hour of Eurosport UK from ten last night assuming that they would show at least Rovers goals. Alas no. I am not interested in bit torrents or SamTorrance or other hi-tec mediums, I just would like to see my teams goals on my telly. In a era when the whole country agrees that there is wall to wall satuarated football on telly, why can I not see last nights.

As an aside, Norwegian members, how come there were only about 100 people on the IK Start v Ajax game?

So admitting to being a self confessed technophobe' can we see these goals or not?

I've created a video of the goals from the Salzburg match and uploaded it to YouTube. It can be found here

Enjoy! :brfc:

Edited by PABBY

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.