BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers World

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why dont Rovers consider doing RoversTV like ManUTv etc...?

I'm sure a few years ago there was talk of having a joint tv channel with Bolton and Everton I think it was. But I really don't think there is the demand....they must need a fair few people paying £7/month or whatever it is, just to break even.

But for me Rovers World is worth it :)

As a new ntl broadband subscriber last September, I was entitled to a years free subscription to Rovers World, which I took advantage of.

I haven't even been to Rovers World in 2006 - not once. They are bombarding me with emails offering another year at almost 50% reduction but for me it's a waste of money.

The match commentary is very one-eyed so I'd listen to any alternative (and sometimes it would drop so far behind real time that unless you black out every other media source the "live" experience is lost).

The "exclusive" video news and interviews don't offer anything you can't get somewhere else - and there's a limit to the number of times you can watch thick footballers tell a TV camera "it was disappointing to lose on Saturday but all the boys want to win the next game".

I'll only get up to Blackburn 12-15 times this season (depending on cups), but I get far more satisfaction from reading a home match programme than from the Rovers World offering. And I believe it's far more valuable for the club if I spend my cash that way.

(From memory, when so many league clubs were ensnared by the Premium TV internet deal, it was on a fixed price payment over many years. So the number of Rovers World subcscribers has no direct impact on the money Rovers get from the deal, it just helps PTV out of the hole it dug itself - just as since departed ITV Digital also screwed up so badly).

So as an exiled fan, I use this site as my primary source of news and views, and I go to the LET website every evening to read their articles. There are a few posters on here who post links to any decent stuff in the national press (thanks philipl and others) and flag up any broadcast media of interest. And for leisure time reading about the club, match day programmes. All much better sources than Rovers World.

Edited by Tris

Just thinking outside the box

If a few people all put together could they use one user name and only pay one fee. My Burnley colleague assures me that this works.

Some guy put his username and password up in the chat room last year but his account soon got stopped.

Why would you want to diddle Rovers out of a few quid anyway? I bet you will be moaning when they dont have any money to buy anyone ;)

Edited by Cocker

Some guy put his username and password up in the chat room last year but his account soon got stopped.

Why would you want to diddle Rovers out of a few quid anyway? I bet you will be moaning when they dont have any money to buy anyone ;)

Fair enough - I would say that Rovers try to diddle me i.e. £7 for a pie or whatever it is. BUT this season they do seem to be thinking about the fans. (but i believe i will be happier not subscribing to Rover world)

Its impossible for multiple users to share Rovers World access due to some recent changes to the PTV software.

Its even impossible for the same user to use more than one machine to access their own content.

Which is why I cancelled.

And I still didnt get my free football.

Just one thing....why has it suddenly decided to tell us that it doesn't work in firefox when it clearly still does?? Seems a bit odd to me.

Clare, currently news clips work in Firefox but Highlights and Audio no longer do so. The reason? People like 'bigfilbar8' (well not like him/her, but the people doing what he/she has suggested).

PTV have implemented Microsoft's DRM package which unsurprisingly only works with MS products at this time.

Its impossible for multiple users to share Rovers World access due to some recent changes to the PTV software.

Its even impossible for the same user to use more than one machine to access their own content.

That shouldn't be the case Stu, you should have called them before cancelling!

Edited by Lee

Oh Gee! Thanks for that info Stu; I just signed up for a 2 month trial this week, and I am in the process of setting up a wireless network for my 3 desktop PC's and a laptop. I had assumed that I would be able to access any of the internet items I presently use on any of the machines on the network.

Oh Gee! Thanks for that info Stu; I just signed up for a 2 month trial this week, and I am in the process of setting up a wireless network for my 3 desktop PC's and a laptop. I had assumed that I would be able to access any of the internet items I presently use on any of the machines on the network.

Apparently Hainsey can.

In all honesty Id believe someone on here rather than those muppets at PTV. :)

Well after reading these comments, I signed up.

Excellent Highlights, Interviews are a bit dull, Radio is good as I often can't listen to Rovers matches.

Also I can use it on my home machines and my work one so you can use it on differents computers.

In all I'm pretty happy with it. We'll see as time goes by.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.