SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea (carling Cup)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-3.

I can see us resting quite a few and even though they will too their reserves are far better than ours. A few years ago you would really fancy us against Chelsea in the rain at Ewood but they are not so much Southern Softies anymore. Hope I'm wrong and we stuff them though.

team

Friedel

Mceveley

Emerton

zurab

henchoz

bentley

mokena

neill

pedersen

mccarthy

nonda

That's the final team? Assuming it is. I don't understand for the life of me why Pedersen hasn't been dropped to the bench at the least for Peter. I take it that it's Bentley in the centre and Neill on the right wing. Would seem more sensible to switch Neill and Emo, if not for the fact I'm scared witless of it spoiling Emo's form. Good to see McEveley back, I'd heard he was injured.

Stronger team than I expected, probably 8 first teamers and Axe would have played anyway with Savage injured. I thought he'd leave the Aussies out as they must be knackered after the couple of weeks they've had. I suppose its only a game of football though, can't be that tiring.

and so much for a Chelsea reserve side....

Henrique Hilario

Khalid Boulahrouz

Ashley Cole

John Terry

Michael Ballack

Joe Cole

Michael Essien

Njitap Geremi

Claude Makelele

Salomon Kalou

Arjen Robben

Bench:

Yves Makaba-Makalamby

Alberto Ricardo Carvalho

Frank Lampard

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Didier Drogba 11

It'll be interesting to see how Bentley does in central midfield with Mokoena, a good performance from him could provide the solution to our central midfield problem. Glad to see Neill isn't in midfield, although it is a slight gamble from Hughes to tinker with Emerton and Bentley after their excellent recent form.

Edit: Looks like we've also seen the last of Andy Todd as a regular Rovers player. Finally.

Edited by LeChuck

I must say I don't agree much with Hughe's tactics on this game. I like to see us do well in every competition, but we have many others to think about and were handed a crap draw anyway. Even Cheslea's 2nd string, had they played it, would have been favourites. We should have rested a few players and given others a chance, and whatever happend - happend. Instead now we'll be more tired for the weeked game and have got new injuries to key players.

It'll be interesting to see how Bentley does in central midfield with Mokoena, a good performance from him could provide the solution to our central midfield problem. Glad to see Neill isn't in midfield, although it is a slight gamble from Hughes to tinker with Emerton and Bentley after their excellent recent form.

Edit: Looks like we've also seen the last of Andy Todd as a regular Rovers player. Finally.

A solution to our central midfield yes, but we'd be screwed on right wing until Reid (who was never that great there) comes back. And also why move Bentley when he's finally found some form after all these years?

Apparently Nonda and MGP have gone off injured :(

Edit: Sorry Le Chuck just read it properly and seen that you agree that it's a gamble switching Bentley! ;)

Double Edit 2-0.You can't play a high line against Kalou and Robben especially with our pace at the back.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

good secound half performance for McEveley i have always liked him since the united game, hope he kkeps his place for sunday. peter came on and played well also looks like MGP could be out of the starting 11. the result i wanted realy now we can concentrate on league and uefa cup.

anyone have any news on the nonda and pedersen injuries.

Edited by pick32

If you look how many games you have coming up then going out of this competition cannot be too bad. Not just that but we have some really hard games in the next month or so.

Tugay needs to be wrapped up and used wisely - he is key to us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.